RARE!! 1970 VW Glitter Bug Special Edition Autographed by Cheech & Chong LOOK!!
Price: US $1,000.00 Item location: Sparks, Nevada, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Beetle - Classic
- SubModel: Special Edition
- Trim: Deluxe Special Edition
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 38,499
- VIN: 1102749988
- Color: Purple
- Engine size: Original 1600 Single Port
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic Special EditionRARE 1970 VW Glitter Bug Special Edition Autographed by Cheech and Chong !!!!
5% Discount Available to the Winning Bidder!!! Good Luck and Happy Bidding!!!
Hi and Thanks for Your Interest!!!This Volkswagen is a very rare Glitter Bug Special Edition and possibly the only surviving example of a Glitter Bug painted in "Royal Glow" with the metallic silver "Zandvoort Streaks" Stripe Package....Anywhere!!! During the time I have owned it, I have enjoyed every minute. You cannot take the car anywhere without people applauding it...asking questions, giving you a honk, or a thumbs up or a peace sign. Everybody loves this car!!! The Glitter Bug Special Edition was a collaboration between VW and the 3M Corporation. This Special Edition began with a Deluxe Beetle. 3M would then take the cars, apply their custom paint and graphics using the original VW paint as their base coat. Then the rest of the Special Edition Package was installed including a wood and chrome steering wheel and wood shift knob, chrome pedal covers, real Empi Steel Sprint Star Wheels made by Lemerz in Germany, wood grain dash trim and wood capped dash and vent window knobs.
I've had a lot of fun over the years bringing this car back to being a solid, roadworthy, daily driver...not perfect, but easy and fun to drive, reliable and super cool. It has the original 1600 single port that came with the car from Germany. Everything is stock and original so you can set every spec according to manufacturer's recommendations, and refer to factory manuals when necessary. Here are some of the specifics:
- New Headlights
- New Speedometer Cable...speedo is smooth, no bouncing and is accurate
- New Fuel Gauge Sending Unit ...fuel gauge functions properly
- New Tires under warranty ...Douglas GT-H 195/65/15's made in USA
- New Brake Flex Lines ...front and rear
- New Brake Wheel Cylinders ...front and rear
- New Brake Master Cylinder
- Brake Bleed and Adjust
- One New Brake Light Lens
- Fuel Tank Cleaned and Fuel Lines Cleaned
- (Many Many) New Fuel Filters
- New Engine Main Oil Seal
- New Flywheel O-ring Seal
- New Clutch
- New Throw-out Bearing
- Flywheel resurfaced
- New Trans-axle Cross Shaft
- New Trans-axle Mounts
- New KYB Rear Shocks
- New Oil Cooler Seals/Gaskets
- New NGK spark plugs ...gaped to .024 (original factory setting)
- New Bosch Points
- Blinker switch needs to be replaced oneday...I've been using hand signals all this time :)
- Driver's door needs a new latch catch oneday, closes and opens fine but is worn...I've left it original since it uses the original key
- Door Buzzer still works!!!
- Original headliner
- All Windows are Original VW Factory Branded Glass
- New Factory Correct, Basket Weave Pattern, Full Seat Cover Set...front and rear.
- New Parking Brake Internals...E-brake works like a champ!
- Typical weak pan areas in Battery Tray and under Passenger seat have been patched and sealed
- New Empi Running Boards
- New Empi Performance Exhaust
- New J Pipes...Heater Box delete...I still have them if you want them
- Engine Steam Cleaned, but left as it is...no rattle-can spray paint makeover on this one
- New Kick Panel Carpet
- New Roof Rack
- New Reconditioned Battery
- Buffed and Waxed
- New Chrome Hood Trim
This is one of my favorite cars, I've really enjoyed it and I'm proud to offer it here, for auction, on eBay!!! Good Luck and Happy Bidding Everyone!!!! Remember, there is a 5% Discount available to the Winning Bidder at the end of the auction regardless of the amount of the final winning bid...details are in the "payment" section. I've kept the reserve as low as I possibly can....so don't hold back, you may never see another one like it for sale! Personal Inspection is Welcomed and Encouraged during the course of this auction. I am available to discuss the car anytime and I will do my best to respond to your questions as soon as you send them, or shortly thereafter. Please send as many questions as come to mind. If you would like to discuss the car, feel free to include your phone number and I will call you right away. Thank You for spending some of your time having a look at the Glitter Bug! This car has brought a lot of Joy to my life and I hope it has already brought a little Joy to your's !!!
Good Luck Everyone!!! and Happy Bidding!!!
Good Luck Everyone!!! and Happy Bidding!!!