1949 Studebaker 2R10 with overhauled engine, brakes, fuel and electrical system
- Condition: Used
- Make: Studebaker
- Model: 2R10 3/4 Ton Long Bed
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Year: 1949
- Mileage: 80,000
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 170 ci flathead
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: regular unleaded
- Transmission: 4 spd HD
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1949 Studebaker 2R10 3/4 Ton Long Bed
FOR SALE: 1949 Studebaker 2R10 3/4 Ton Long Bed Pick Up Truck
This truck was purchased in 2001 from the original owner in New Mexico.
This 120" wheel base, 8 ft. bed truck was brought to Newport Beach, California for restoration in 2002.
By 2004, the original 170 cu in engine was overhauled by the now defunct SOC (Studebaker of Orange County) and included
- regrinding the crankshaft
- installing new main bearings
- 0.030" re-bore and new pistons
- SST valve guides (it can run on unleaded) with a complete valve job
- rebuild radiator along with new fuel pump, water pump and hoses.
- SOC installed a new main wire harness
- convert it from +6V to -12V
- replaced the generator with an alternator
- rewound the starter for 12 V
- all the break and fuel lines were replaced
- new king pin bushings were installed
- the gas tank was removed, cleaned and sealed
- a NOS master break cylinder installed
- all break shoes and wheel cylinders were renewed
In short the entire fuel and braking system plus everything from the radiator to the flywheel plus the main electrical system have been redone.
The tires are 7.50R16 steel belted radials (with tubes) mounted on the original "split" rims.The drive train has approximately 200 miles of running since the rebuild.
The rest of the truck is "all original" as it came off the farm. This truck is equipped with the original non synchro, spur gear, HD 4 speed T9 transmission.The body is very solid with only minor surface rust due toits prior 50 years of living near Mule Shoe, TX.Included in the deal are a few yet to be installed extras: cab heater, vintage exterior sun visor, and a "better" front bumper.
Many things have changed in my life since 2004 and this truck will not be making it onto the new priority list.While it runs, is street legal and is currently licensed and registered and can be driven for demo purposes, I would not recommend a drive-it-away pickup and suggest it needs to be trailered to a good mechanic to certify it for regular road use and to get any kinks out.
Regarding money and terms:
- The CA title is clear.
- There is no warranty, so it is sold as-is, where-is.
- A $500 non-refundable deposit via PayPal is required within 24 hr. of winning the auction, with the full balance to be paid within 72 hrs.
- The vehicle will become your property upon payment.
If you determine upon inspection (at its current location) that the truck is SUBSTANTIALLY different than as described or per the photos, then a full refund will be granted.It is 100% your responsibility to arrange for appropriate towing or transportation, but I will gladly allow you up to 30 days free parking to make all arrangements.If the vehicle is not removed within 30 days of the purchase date, it will be parked on the street and will become subject to local laws regarding removal of abandoned vehicle at your cost as the new owner.
Questions?Please just ask.