1956 Packard 400 Hardtop, beautiful rust free California car
Price: US $14,500.00 Item location: Nevada City, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Packard
- Year: 1956
- Mileage: 84,000
- VIN: 5687-3806
- Power options: Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1956 PackardOffered is a very nice 1956 Packard 400 Hardtop Coupe. This is a California car from the dry central valley and has been nicely cared for and had considerable restoration work done along the way. It is vin # 5687-3806, aint scheme CM, nterior 83. Interior is a mix of original rear seat and professionally done front seat. Engine has been rebuilt, ll power equipment working except rear antennas. Lights, rakes, tc all fine. Most of the plating has been nicely redone. There are a few things to sort out, ence a very low opening bid. Another 56 400 sold at the recent Palm Springs Auction for $26,000 so lots of value here. Absolutely no rust or rot.
Items remaining to be done:
1. Front end is loose and should be re-bushed and aligned.
2. The car has a rebuilt Ultramatic Dynamics lever shift Ultramatic transmission, owever the unit had been sitting for 7 years since rebuild and it operates as it should except will not even try to lock up in direct drive. May require tear down, ay just correct itself with use.....it has only been driven 15 to 20 miles since installation.
3. One rear antenna requires re-masting.
4. One stainless strip requires straightening just aft of the market light, amage is minimal.
5. When the car was repainted the Dover White used on the body was correct, he shade on the front fender tops and hood is slightly lighter, have tried to show this in one picture.
A very worthy rust free California car, just do not have the time to go further with it. (Note: Horn button, issing in pictures, s included)
Call Chris for details, 530) 400-0540