1951 Hudson Hornet 308 I6 Automatic
Price: US $1,300.00 Item location: Houston, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Other Makes
- Model: Hornet
- Year: 1951
- Engine size: 308 I6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: Automatic Want to buy? Contact seller!
1951 Other Makes Hornet1951 Hudson Hornet 4 door automatic car. Do your research, his is a very rare car.
Some Good Highlights:
- I would guess it at around 80-85% complete.
- The dash is complete and unmolested.
- It is a Radio Delete model.
- I have most of the inside door trim.
- The engine is complete, ncluding the air cleaner! It also turns freely. I used marvel mystery oil to help ensure it remains that way.
- It has frame rot in the rear passenger area. It should be easily fixed, ut it will take some work.
- Front lip of the hood is rotting. It will need rebuilt, r replace the entire hood.
- The floor pans are all rotted out and mostly removed.
- I have the front and rear seat frames/springs, ut they aren't in great shape. Probably best to consider the fronts as useless.
- None of the windows are salvageable. It appears someone used them for target practice.
- Driver side front door striker is not there. The door has to be tied shut at the moment. I have a broken striker that will go with it if you want to try to have one recreated.
- The brake shoes and hardware have been removed as they were completely frozen. One drum was badly rotted away from sitting in dirt.
- 1952 Hornet 308cid Flathead straight 6 Engine and Automatic Transmission. It turns over very easily and has had Marvel Mystery Oil poured in the cylinders to ensure it stays freed up. I would guess it to be 95% complete. There may be a few linkages that are missing, ut the major pieces are there (distributor, tarter, tc). I can't tell if it was converted to 12V before I received it.
- 1954 or 1955 Hudson Hornet 308cid Flathead straight 6 Engine and Automatic Transmission. It is locked up. I have attempted almost every trick I can think of to free it up (aside from disassembly), ut have not been able to. This one has the Twin H style intake. It appears to be very close to 100% complete. All of the linkages appear to be in tact. It also appears to be or have been converted to 12V.
I think it goes without saying, ut this is sold as is.
Please feel free to ask questions. I can supply more pics if necessary and attempt to answer all the questions to the best of my ability.