1982 Mazda RX-7 Kent Widebody 1.3L Turbo RX7 FB
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mazda
- Model: RX-7
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: GSL Coupe 2-Door
- Year: 1982
- Mileage: 19,835
- VIN: JM1FB3316c0609088
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 1.3L Turbo Charged
- Number of cylinders: 2
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: CD Player, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1982 Mazda RX-7
The car: I am the 4th owner of the car. I bought the car a little over two years ago. The second owner purchased it from a Mazda dealer in 1983 with 5800 miles, and then immediately converted it to it present state. All work was performed by Autotrix Mazda specialists in Huntington, New York. There are only a few FB with the Kent Widebody kit. I have another wide body FB (the one build by Billy Watts, the former owner of RE Speed that is also listed for sale). Neither car gets driven so I am putting them for sale.
Below is a little information on the car.
• Swapped 13B
• Roto-master turbocharger/wastegate
• Weber 40 IDF dual barrel carburetor
• K&N filter
• HKS blowoff valve
• Custom exhaust
• 2x MSD 6A ignition boxes
• Racing Beat wires
• Electric fuel pump
• Nichita radiator
• actual Dave Kent body kit; consists of flared front fenders, front bumper w/integrated intercooler, rear wheel flares, and rear deck spoiler.
• SSR gold mesh 3 piece wheels. I had the mesh painted black.
• Vitaloni aftermarket mirrors
• Hella 155 fog lights
• new tires-- 265 Hankook Ventus H101 in rear, Toyo Proxes 4 225’s in front.
•When I purchased the car the paint was in horrible condition. I had the majority of the paint removed and the car sanded down and primered. I wasn’t sure on the color I wanted so I had the car temporarily dipped flat black. The car still has the flat black dip on it.
• HKS in-cockpit adjustable boost control knob
• VDO boost gauge
• Konig sport seats (driver lumbar lever has crack in plastic)
• Carpets, door panels and headliner all in near perfect condition Door panels were recovered with new vinyl about a year ago.
• Everything works, including A/C, window lifts, sunroof, all gauges and switchgear. I replaced the metal sunroof with a glass sunroof shortly after buying the car. The metal sunroof will go with the car.
• Kenwood stereo, Quinn Acoustics front and rear speakers, Quinn 8” sub with Fosgate amp
Stock. Tokico rear shocks
• entire box full of parts--, panels, clusters, shifter, bolts, trim pieces, etc.
• vintage 80’s radar detector and all the original stereo equipment (pretty cool stuff)
• full set of original factory manuals
• original Hane’s manual.
• 3rd gen alternator with Japan2LA custom V-belt pulley
• OEM Mazda oil pan from Mazdatrix
As mentioned I have owned the car for a little over 2 years. I have put about 1000 miles on the car in that time. The car starts like a champ every time…The car smokes when I start it but after driving it for a little while it stops smoking. The car needs to have the oil pan replaced as there’s a leak from the seal. I have the oil pan and I may end up replacing it myself. If not the oil pan will go with the car. I would say the car is one of a kind and just about as rare as they come…it only has 19,835 miles on it. All the documentation I have supports that number. The mileage may go up a little as I will probably drive it a little this week.
It’s hard to put a value on the car and as many RX7’s as I have sold I know the value is what someone is willing to pay for it. This is a unique opportunity for someone to own a very rare RX7.I can be reached at 972-877-4846 or firstname.lastname@example.org.