1958 Dodge Coronet 2-door HARDTOP project D500 custom royal lancer FORWARD LOOK
- Condition: Used
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Coronet
- Type: Hardtop
- Trim: 2-Door Hardtop
- Year: 1958
- Mileage: 999,999
- VIN: LD1**4230
- Color: White
- Engine size: none
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: rear wheel
- Interior color: black and red
- Vehicle Title: Salvage Want to buy? Contact seller!
1958 Dodge Coronet
10/11/16: Car relisted due to unresponsive, non-paying buyer...
Up for sale is a 1958 Dodge Coronet 2-door hardtop project.Ipurchased this car from an old friend in Western Nebraska; it is rough, but is mostly complete and has a lot going for it. These cars are becoming very hard to locate.
This car does not have a title. Car will besold with a bill of sale.
This isan LD1 six-cylinder automatic car, though the car has no engine or transmission currently. I believe this to be about the most thinly optioned hardtop I've seen, with manual steering, brakes, windows, no radio, no hood ornaments, etc. It got an automatic at least!
Obviously this is a project car.As to its origins, Western Nebraska isa very dry climate - same as Eastern Colorado -so this isn't a deeply rottedcar like you'd see east of the Mississippi. Rust is prevalent but not as bad as most of thesethat have been sitting neglected this long. Needs floor work, trunk & drop-offs, rockers, and quarter work - though it's just the bottoms - the quarters are very savable overall. Roof, cowl, fenders, inner fenders, decklid, hood, doors, frame, suspension - all very good with light rust only. There are plenty of bullet-holes on the drivers-side, but they are easy to fix once you do a few... ask me how I know.
The driver's side fender is solid and straight, and anearly perfect passenger's side fender is included with the car. I have all of the fender trim in good shape for the car - in fact, all of the car's trim is present and most of it is very workable. A front bumper in decent shapeis included.Back glass is present and in good shape but side glass is broken out. Windshield is cracked but an OEM takeout windshield inexcellentcondition goes with the car. A correct 1958 60/40 front seat core (upholstery shot) isn't pictured but goes with the car as well.
Dash looks surprisingly nice. Rare radio delete plate(s) still present. Decent sill plates. Hubcaps present.
This is a perfect candidate for a driver or a light custom. Due to a lack of options and equipment you can make this car whatever you want ittobe without feeling like you need keep it " factory correct". Car is sold as-is, where-is, as shown in the pictures.
Please ask any questions you might have, and...
Look at my 17STRAIGHT YEARSof 100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK, and BUY WITH CONFIDENCE!
IMPORTANT STUFF - PLEASE READ:
1. Full payment is due within 72 hours via PayPal, or another form of payment arranged in advance. I'm easy to work with, but I expect you to please honor this!
2. Again - car has no title. Sold with bill of sale.
3. Car pickup or shipping is the responsibility of the buyer. I will certainly be available to help load. Car is at a commercial location in Wheat Ridge, CO, 80033, USA.
4. The car rolls easily and steers but does not brake, and obviously does not run or drive. A come-along or winch will be necessary to load.
5. I do require the car be picked up within three weeks, or another time frame arranged in advance.
Thank you for your interest!