1968 Buick Wildcat Sport Coupe Un-Restored Survivor 430 V8 76,000 Miles 2 Door
- Make: Buick
- Model: Other
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Wildcat Sport Coupe
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 76,000
- Color: Butternut Yellow
- Engine size: 430 V8 4bbl
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Turbo 400 Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tuxedo Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Buick Other
At long last I have come to the realization that I must downsize my collection/museum of vintage collector cars. I am sadly selling a great looking 1968 Buick Wildcat 2dr hardtop in Butternut Yellow with a black vinyl top and interior. It features the following:1. 430/4bbl V8. I believe this was rated at around 360 HP clearly in the muscle car class. 2. Turbo 400 transmission 3. PS & PB 4. Factory AM/FM radio 5. Buick road wheels (including 5th one in trunk) 6. Power trunk release 7. Power antenna 8. Rear window defogger 9. Early period correct Sony cassette player that was installed when car was only a couple yearsold. 10. Speed alert Everything works in the car except the clock. I bought it from the second owner an 80 year old gentleman who in turn bought it from the original owner 30 years ago when it had 54000 miles. It currently has 76000 original miles. This is basically an original Survivor type car thattheman I acquired it from had repainted one time over 25 years ago in the original Butternut (also known as Saffron) yellow. It still holds a nice shine. Other than the repaint this car is basically un-restored original and has been garage kept. I will go through each of the major areas of the car condition wise as I see it: 1. Mechanical: Runs great! Engine is strong responsiveand smooth with no issues that I can see. Transmission shifts great. I drove ita few days ago ona 115 mile tripon an 80 degree day with no problems or issues. 2. Paint: As mentioned repainted in original color over 25 yeas ago. Still holds a nice shine. Great as a driver cruise-inor car to take on a tour or a local gathering or show. Not competitive show quality but still makes a nice appearance. 3. Chrome and bright work. All original nice"Survivor" quality 4. Vinyl top: Excellent original! Not dried out good color no rips or bubbles looks great. 5. Engine compartment: All original and un-restored. Has all original stickers 6. Trunk compartment: totally original and nice with original carpeting trunk matting cardboard inserts etc. Original splatter paint. 7. Interior: Absolutely beautiful and all original. No rips tears holes cracks etc. Very nice and clean! This is a great way to get into the collector car hobby with a car that won't break the bank! The Wildcat was Buick's flagship luxury/sports vehicle throughout the 1960s! These cars were built like battleships and are virtually "bullet proof"! They ride like you are sitting on your living room sofa and have ample room for 6 people! Surprisingly even the gas mileage is not as bad as you would expect. I have been averaging 14 to 18mpg using mid grade gasoline depending on whether I am driving locally or on a trip. Don't miss this opportunity to own a quintessential 1960s American muscle car at a bargain price!
ABOUT ME: I have been classic car hobbyist enthusiast and trader for nearly 40 years! My museum/ collection favors nice original "Survivor" cars from the mid 1950s to about 1980. Car is located at my summer home in the Adirondack region of upstate NY. Please call me at 704-661-1326 with any questions. Leave message if not in. Thanks very much!
NO RESERVE!!!! NO RESERVE!!!! NO RESERVE!!!! NO RESERVE!!!!NOW FOR THE RULES: IMPORTANT: Please read and understand these rules BEFORE bidding. They are part of the listing terms and contract you are agreeing to when you bid. Please DO NOT bid then try to change them later. That's not how it works. If you have questions please ask and get answers BEFORE you bid. If you don't intend to abide by the rules please look elsewhere.1. Your bid is a contract! If you are the successful bidder you are expected to pay! Please have all contingencies handled and your money in place BEFORE you bid! No retractions will be allowed so be sure BEFORE you bid!
2. A NON-REFUNDABLE $1500 partial payment is due within 48 hours of auction's conclusion. This can be by bank wire transfer or cashiers check. Pay Pal is NOT acceptable for this.
3. Balance is due within 7 days of auction's close. This can be by bank wire transfer cashiers check or cash in person. If you are paying balance upon pickup of car it must be cash in person.
4. Car andownership paperswill not leave here until paid in full with cleared funds. If you are paying with ANY kind of check it must clear MY bank before car or title will be released. No exceptions!
5. Car is sold strictly as-is at my premises with no guarantee or warranty of any kind.
6. Transportation is the buyer's responsibility. I will try to reasonably help and accommodate you any way I can but it is still YOUR responsibility. Car can remain here for a reasonable period of time at no charge but must be paid for within the 7 days of auction's close. You should secure insurance as I cannot be responsible for acts of God or things beyond my control once car is sold.7. If you are an overseas buyer you must pay by international bank wire transfer in US funds only! Car will not be released until funds are totally cleared in my bank account. You can NOT pay with Pay Pal.8. IMPORTANT: New York does NOT issue titles for cars 1972 and older! They issue a transferrable registration that is signed over to the new owner on the back of the document just like on a title. This and a bill of sale are what is given when a 1972 or older car is sold in New York. This is what you will receive. Make sure this is ok in your country or state BEFORE bidding!9. IMPORTANT: If you have been an Ebay user for less than a year and/or have less than 20 feedbacks you need to call me at 704-661-1326 BEFORE bidding. Non compliance will result in your bids being cancelled and blocked. I understand that new Ebay membrs can be good customers but due to high incidence of non-paying biddersI need to talk to you first to know you are serious.
10. Car is advertised locally for sale. If I find a buyer through that venue I reserve the right to end auction early. Please call me at 704-661-1326 with any further questions about this. Leave message if not in. IMPORTANT: PHONE CALLS ONLY. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TEXT.