1966 BUICK SKYLARK SPORT COUPE - WILDCAT 375 - like chevelle, 442 & gto
Price: - Item location: Boulder City, Nevada, United States
- Make: Buick
- Model: Skylark
- SubModel: Sport Coupe
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: vinyl
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 58,636
- VIN: 444176Z120449
- Color: Saddle Mist Metallic
- Engine size: 340 c.i., 260 hp, 365 lb-ft torgue
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Tilt Steering Column, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Vinyl Top, 15" Buick Rallye Wheels, Wood Grain Steering Wheel, Original AM Radio
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Buick Skylark vinyl1966 BUICK SKYLARK SPORT COUPE WILDCAT 375 - 340 C.I.- 260 HP - 365 LB.FT. TORQUE
Up for sale is my 1966 Buick Skylark Wildcat 375 Sport Coupe. She is a complete car with no missing pieces and only a couple of aftermarket reproduction parts. She is repainted within the last 3 years in Saddle Mist Metallic which is the original color. The interior is very nice with new custom made upholstery, newer headliner and carpeting. The kick panels and door panels are original and not cut out for speakers. The car had a cheaper aftermarket steering wheel when I bought it and I upgraded it to a woodgrain style to compliment the exterior color. I have no knowledge of any existing or previous rust on the car and floor and trunk pans are solid.
I have had a lot of work performed on the car which I will detail below. The car came with manual brakes and a single reservoir master cylinder. I rebuilt the entire braking system, replaced 2 drums and added a power booster and dual reservoir master cylinder for ease of driving and safety. I have replaced the rear springs and shocks. I also upgraded the front sway bar and added a rear sway bar to a 1 1/2" in gold anodized finish which is a subtle detail which compliments the exterior color.
I painted the grill bars and headlight surrounds in satin black. The steel part of the dash at the bottom and the steering column still carry their original paint and are showing normal wear. In the photos you will notice that the original tire inflation sticker is still inside the glove box door and the owners manual is believed to be original. All lights on the interior and exterior work however the directional cam is worn so the directional work but are not cancelling automatically. I have the directional cam and will include it with the sale. The only small dent on the car is shown in a photo of the rear bumper and is slightly over 1".
This Skylark is a very nice driver in a great color. It is not perfect but most would not notice any defects. There is some normal wear associated with a car of this age but because it is so clean and complete you can drive it forever the way it is or make it pristine as well. All in all, she is a great appreciating investment. It is becoming more and more difficult to find these pillar-less hardtops.
I wanted to keep the engine compartment as original as possible. In the photo you can see the original stencils from the factory on the firewall. The engine is fitted with it's original Carter AFB which is rebuilt however the choke is missing. I live in Las Vegas so a choke is not important. The car has its original radiator rebuilt and I replaced the original 4 blade fan with a 7 blade clutch fan and a thermostatic cooling fan in front of the radiator. A couple of other items that I want to disclose are:
- The horn does not operate from the steering wheel. It can be rewired.
- The heater core is not connected so I assume it's shot. Another item I do not need in Vegas. The blower motor works fine.
- The wiper switch must be bad because they are wired to a toggle under the dash and they do operate.
- I don't know if the AM radio works properly as I don't use it.
- New monster 1 1/2" sway bars
- New shocks
- New brakes, hoses, power booster and master cylinder
- New steering wheel and billet mounting kit
- New engine and transmission mounts
- New tires - BFG 235 X 60 R 15's
- New valve cover gaskets
- New battery
- New thermostatic cooling fan
- New thermostat and housing
- New rear axle bearings and front and rear axle seals
- New Moog 5231 rear springs and isolators
- New Gabriel shocks
- New gas, brake and emergency brake peddle pads
- New hood adjusters
- New rubber bumpers for the hood, doors and trunk
- New Trico wipers
- Used 7 blade clutch fan (GM)
The car is for sale locally and I reserve the right to cancel this ad at any time for any reason.