Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate Series 3.5 Rare | well sorted | unique | 56K miles
- Make: Alfa Romeo
- Model: Spider
- SubModel: Series 3.5
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Graduate
- Year: 1990
- Mileage: 56320
- VIN: ZARBA12C8L6001486
- Color: Red (Rosso Alfa)
- Engine size: 2.O Twin Cam Series 3.5
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Power Mirrors
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan (Alfa Beige)
- Options: Stereo - CD, digital inputs, Sirius, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate
1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate 2.O Liter Series 3.5
The final iteration of the unencumbered Graduate version is recognized by enthusiasts as the culmination of Spider evolution. A unique single year model that combines the classic Series 3 body with the Series 4 engine, yielding enhanced performance over the prior Series 3 cars. Reduced weight and the improved engine create a potent combination. This well serviced and sorted example ($14k+ in last 3k miles), has a show worthy engine compartment featuring the introduction of the higher compression Bosch Motronic fuel injection system (hemi-style domed pistons, dual electric fan aluminum radiator, onboard diagnostic system, improved VVT & improved engine management are among the changes from the Series 3 cars ('82-'89). This Graduate retains the desirable classic features; manual steering, roll-up windows, AC delete, lightweight Sport seats - all things that increase reliability, reduce weight and improve performance. One of the finest Spider models produced (Series 1,2,3 or 4 cars) with improvements over nearly 30 years of production while retaining the 'right' classic features. Those familiar with the Alfa Spiders will immediately notice the stronger torque band - this car lives for the open road.. Vintage custom touches and lightweight sport exhaust remind you this is no ordinary Spider. Compares very favorably to recent Spider sales in the $25-30K range.
- 2.0 Liter Twin Cam Series 4 aluminum inline 4 cylinder | Bosch Motronic Fuel Injection
- 56k miles
- 5 Speed | limited slip differential | 4 wheel disc brakes & Ferodo pads
- Rosso Alfa | Beige & Black interior | Texalfa Sport seats
- Graduate Spider â€“ this lightweight Graduate lacks the excesses of other models coupled to the Series 4 engine, creating a more performance-oriented edition.
- Nod to Alfa Romeo's heritage Quadrifoglio emblems & rare vintage Alfa logo stainless steel hub centers
- Distinct looks - wheel & logo options - change the look in minutes!
- Classic interior devoid of most power options with desirable color combination
- Sport exhaust - more throaty & lighter than stock
- Classic roll-up windows - no electrical issues & a joy to operate
- Original canvas top
- Manual steering - highly responsive feedback
- Texalfa Sport seats - lightweight version with manual controls
- Onboard diagnostic system - Series 4 feature introduced in this model
- Power mirrors
- Modern Pioneer stereo- detachable face, digital inputs, CD player, Sirius
- Wheels: Factory black wheels with original sport wheel covers + vintage hub centers & stainless steel trim rings
- Service: +$14k in last 3k miles, $7.5k recent extensive tune-up to optimize performance and address common Alfa issues: cooling / fuel / ignition systems overhauls, complete fluids change (engine | trans | differential | clutch | brakes | steering box | coolant), common Alfa issues have been addressed: driveshaft donut, trunk release mechanism, plenum hoses, etc. Full paint correction was also recently done. This is a partial list - see receipts in extra photos for more details. It will be more costly to buy an average example and bring it to this level - not to mention time off the road!
PHOTOS100+ more images here:https://flic.kr/s/aHsmLMjQYS Copy & paste link or select "open link in new window"
VIDEOS: Bottom of page or cut & paste links to driving videos
Click on youtube icon to get the full youtube experience along with additional information
- Bosch Motronic Fuel Injection - improved vs. Spica (up to '82) & Bosch L Jetronic (up to '89). "Hemi -style" domed pistons, higher compression, better power delivery, improved engine management, onboard diagnostic system & electric dual fan aluminum radiator (no stolen cavallinos & improved cooling vs. pre-'90 models).
- A bit more "pop" from the twin cam than earlier Spiders More sporting than your typical Alfa Spider, with a more linear power band and a stronger torque curve. The reduced weight and responsive Bosch Motronic fuel injected engine create a potent combination. Produced for the U.S. '90 model year before the switch to the full S4 model and prior to the excesses piled upon the S4.
- The last of the line of the pure Alfa Romeo Spider. Last year for the Graduate model & classic Series 3 body, only year for the classic S3 body & S4 engine combination. Last model to retain all the classic manual operated features.
- Ownerâ€™s & Service manuals, Alfa Atlas, tools, extensive service receipts & ORIGINAL window sticker!
- Two (2) sets of original keys, including original Alfa Romeo dealer key chain
- Touch up paint bottle & Alfa Romeo license plate cover (great for car shows)
- Sporting the original Suburban Imports dealer stickeron tail
- Original unused Pirelli spare
- Vintage stainless steel Alfa hubcaps on original wheels
- Stainless steel trim rings (install in minutes)
- 2 extra set of spark plugs - 4 point & iridium
- Rare original sport wheel covers with- custom painted logos thattransforms the car in minutes
- While I am confident this is one of the better Spiders youâ€™ll come across, it's not perfect. A recent paint correction addressed paint flaws, rock chips & scratches. A few tiny dings would be short work for a pdr specialist. The canvas top shows well despite several repairs. The driverâ€™s seat has minor repairable seam breaks.It has won awards and garnered tons of attention at shows despite the minor flaws. A great alternative if you desire a more robust driving experience than your average Alfa Spider, Porsche 356, 912, 914, BMW 2002, MGA, MGB, Miata, Austin Healy 100 | 3000, Triumph TR3, TR4, TR6, Spitfire and many other classic sports cars. Be the envy of big dollar Duetto Spider owner's as you roar past them! An opportunity to obtain a very unique Spider well below total investment!
Alfa Romeo Graduate Spider Series 3.5 Drive - YouTube
Video will open in a new window
Using the eBay App? Paste link into a browser window:
Day Drive https://youtu.be/T04Jr3JpcYE
Alfa Romeo Graduate Spider Series 3.5 Night Drive - YouTube
Video will open in a new window
Using the eBay App? Paste link into a browser window: Night Drive https://youtu.be/jEI9No8Jh5E
Note: The car is for sale elsewhere and auction may be cancelled at any time. Buyer is responsible for shipping. Got QUESTIONS? Best to ask them at least 24 hours prior to end time.
[isdntekvideo]On Jun-16-20 at 18:18:03 PDT, seller added the following information:
ADDITIONAL INFO: Another improvement of the Motronic engine was a higher lift cam. Yes, that is a mirror finish on the block just above the water pump - never seen another like it.