1972 Buick Skylark 350 V8 Unrestored Original Survivor 36,000 Miles Time Capsule
Price: US $6,950.00 Item location: Hartsville, South Carolina, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Buick
- Model: Skylark
- Type: Sedan
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 37000
- Color: Tan
- Engine size: 350/2bbl V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Green
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Buick Skylark
|I am offering for sale an extremely nice example of a 1972 Buick Skylark 4 door sedan. It has a 350/2bbl V8, automatic transmission, power steering, power brakes, COLD factory air conditioning, and AM radio. It is all stock, completely original. It is an amazing original SURVIVOR car, that has always been garaged kept, and NEVER restored! Never driven in snow or salt. It retains 85% or more of its original paint, very nice chrome and bright work, and is all original under the hood and in the trunk compartment. Interior is all original, and is absolutely immaculate! No rips in seats or carpets, no cracks in dash etc. Also has original trunk splatter paint, trunk mat, jack, and bias ply whitewall spare. This is a true time capsule with 36,000 original miles! It has been in 1 family (2 owners), prior to my ownership, and has always led a pampered life! Car is originally from Georgia (Included is original 1972 Georgia license plate), and is now in South Carolina. |
Colors are Covert Beige, with a dark green interior. Prior owners and I were very picky about maintenance and keeping records. Car has recently had radiator hoses, tires, tune-up, brakes, shocks, battery, exhaust work, A/C serviced, and tune-up. Engine and transmission are very strong, and it rides great! I recently drove it on a 900 mile trip with no issues! I would not be afraid to drive it anywhere! Only thing that doesn't work correctly on this car is the radio, only because speaker needs replacement. Original bright work and chrome are still nice. Car has all original body panels. Also floors and undercarriage are good and solid, not rusted.
This Skylark has all sorts of possibilities for the hobbyist:
1. Great car to enter in car shows in SURVIVOR class at competitive shows, or AACA HPOF (Historical Preservation of Original Features) at AACA shows.
2. Great tour car for classic car club trips and events.
3. Great car for bringing the family to cruise-ins and other fun events.
5. If kept nice, and not winter snow and salt driven, great comfortable general transportation that will not depreciate like new plastic egg shaped cars!
Overall, this is a good, honest, unmolested car that is absolutely amazing in its originality and preservation. Remember, THEY ARE ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!
ABOUT ME: I have collected and fooled with old cars for over 40 years. I favor original un-restored Survivor cars that have been well maintained. I will sometimes sell one out of my collection to make room for new acquisitions. You just can't beat nice original cars! Call me with any questions at:
704-661-1326 IMPORTANT: CALLS ONLY, NO TEXTS!!! NOT SET UP FOR TEXT MESSAGES!!
I am in and out a lot, so call and leave word if no answer. Thanks!
NOW FOR THE RULES:
1. A $500.00 NON REFUNDABLE partial payment is due immediately on purchase with Buy it Now. This is to be made by Pay Pal. Balance is to be paid within 7 days. Wire transfer is preferred. Pay Pal is NOT acceptable for payment of balance.
2. Your bid is a contract! If you buy, you are expected to pay! Please make sure your money is in place, all questions are answered, and all decision makers consulted BEFORE you bid! Full payment is due within 7 days of purchase.
3. Car and ownership paperwork will not leave here until car is paid in full with cleared funds at my bank or cash. Please remember that due to increased fraud with official checks and money orders, banks now hold the deposit up for as many as 10 business days. Best way to pay is by bank wire transfer, it protects both buyer and seller. This is what I prefer.
4. Car is sold strictly AS/IS, NO WARRANTY at my premises. Transportation/shipping is buyer's responsibility. I will help you any reasonable way I can, but it is still your responsibility.
5. Car can remain here for a reasonable amount of time while you are arranging transportation or pickup, but still must be paid in full within the 7 days. Also, once you buy, you need to insure the car, as I cannot be responsible for acts of God or damage beyond my control.
6. International buyers are welcome, but must pay with wire transfer, and again, must be paid with cleared funds before car and ownership paperwork will be released to your shipper.
7. Please remember, this is NOT a new car. It is a well maintained used car that is 47 years old. As such, there are some flaws that are consistent with this (minor nicks, dings, imperfections, etc.). It is a very clean original car, but is by no means a 100 point show car. Please realize this when you bid.
8. Please feel free to call me at 704-661-1326. Again, make sure you get satisfactory answers to all questions BEFORE you commit to buy!
I am sorry for all the rules, but it seems 5% of difficult people spoil things for the 95% who are good. Thanks for looking, good luck, and again, feel free to call me at 704-661-1326. Again, call and leave word. NO TEXTS, CALLS ONLY!