1971 Buick Skylark Custom Convertible Original Unrestored Survivor
Price: US $11,800.00 Item location: Gloversville, New York, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Buick
- Model: Skylark
- SubModel: Custom
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 88000
- Color: Gold
- Engine size: 350 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Buick SkylarkI am offering for sale a really nice example of a 1971 Buick Skylark Custom Convertible! The original owner kept this Skylark as his pride and joy until his passing about 18 months ago. It has 88,000 original miles; rides and drives like half that many! It is all stock, completely original under hood. Really nice original interior and boot for top. Also has original trunk mat, jack, and Uniroyal whitewall spare. Very nice in trunk compartment. It even has original "tri-shield" floormats, and very nice original carpeting.
Colors are Cortez Gold (code 53), with Saddle interior, and black top. This man was very picky about maintenance and keeping records. Car has recently had a new convertible top, glass rear window, radiator, hoses, water pump, tires, tune-up, etc. Engine and transmission are very strong, and it rides great! I have every piece of paper from Day One on the car including: window sticker, sales invoice, salesman's card, postcard of selling dealership, original transit title, owners documents, protecto-plate, and all receipts for service and repairs. Car was not Northern winter driven. Body is nice and straight. Paint holds a good shine, but being old, has expected flaws. original chrome is still very nice. Car has all original body panels. Also floors and undercarriage are good and solid.
Here's what I would describe as flaws:
1. Interior is very nice, however, on close inspection, at one time an approximately 6 inch long piece of saddle vinyl was grafted to the bottom of the driver's door panel toward the front,(probably to cover and repair a tear, or possibly a speaker hole?). This doesn't "jump out at you", but wanted to mention it.
2. There is a minor parking lot dent above the side marker light in the right front fender. Very likely could be fixed by a "Dent Wizard" guy. I had a similar dent in my 1972 Chevelle that I had fixed that way. Not really unsightly, and doesn't really detract from the car if it is being used as a Survivor or Driver. This is shown in one of the pictures.
3. Paint actually has a good shine for this metallic color, but it is showing some age, as would be expected on a nearly 50 year old car. Also, some minor stone and gravel rash, as well as minor touch ups of nicks with an artist brush, etc.
Overall, this is a good, honest, unmolested car, that while not a concours show winner, would make someone a really neat fun GM midsized convertible for not a lot of money. This looks just like a Chevelle at a fraction of the price. It rides and drives better (since it is a Buick with better quality build), and turns a lot of heads. Don't miss this good looking midsized GM convertible at a reasonable price! Remember, THEY ARE ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!
NOW FOR THE RULES:
1. A $500.00 NON REFUNDABLE partial payment is due immediately on purchase with Buy it Now. This is to be made by Pay Pal. Balance is to be paid within 7 days. Wire transfer is preferred. Pay Pal is NOT acceptable for payment of balance.
2. Your bid is a contract! If you buy, you are expected to pay! Please make sure your money is in place, all questions are answered, and all decision makers consulted BEFORE you bid! Full payment is due within 7 days of purchase.
3. Car and title will not leave here until car is paid in full with cleared funds at my bank or cash. Please remember that due to increased fraud with official checks and money orders, banks now hold the deposit up for as many as 10 business days. Best way to pay is by bank wire transfer, it protects both buyer and seller. This is what I prefer.
4. Car is sold strictly AS/IS, NO WARRANTY at my premises. Transportation/shipping is buyer's responsibility. I will help you any reasonable way I can, but it is still your responsibility.
5. Car can remain here for a reasonable amount of time while you are arranging transportation or pickup, but still must be paid in full within the 7 days. Also, once you buy, you need to insure the car, as I cannot be responsible for acts of God or damage beyond my control.
6. International buyers are welcome, but must pay with wire transfer, and again, must be paid with cleared funds before car and title will be released to your shipper.
7. Please remember, this is NOT a new car. It is a well maintained used car that is almost 50 years old. As such, there are some flaws that are consistent with this (minor nicks, dings, imperfections, etc.). It is a very clean original car, but is by no means a 100 point show car. Please realize this when you bid.
8. Also, please be aware in New York State, titles are not issued for cars 1972 and older. The proof of ownership is a transferrable registration and transfer. Please check your state's registration rules BEFORE bidding. States are supposed to have reciprocity with each other and honor other states' transfers, but each state has its own paperwork and form requirements.
9. Please feel free to call me at 704-661-1326 (cell phone) or 518-604-4195 (landline). I am in and out a lot, and cell is spotty when I'm home, so best to call both and leave word at both with any questions or concerns. Again, make sure you get satisfactory answers to all questions BEFORE you commit to buy!
I am sorry for all the rules, but it seems 5% of difficult people spoil things for the 95% who are good. Thanks for looking, good luck, and again, feel free to call me at 704-661-1326 cell, or 518-604-4195 landline. Again, call both and leave word. NO TEXTS, CALLS ONLY!