1968 VOLVO P1800 4 SPEED COUPE! 99.9% RUST-FREE BLACK PLATE CALIFORNIA CLASSIC!
- Make: Volvo
- Model: Other
- Trim: P1800
- Year: 1968
- VIN: 183451P
- Engine size: 4 CYLINDER
- Drive type: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Volvo Other
Offered for an appreciating new owner is this cool classic 1968 Volvo P1800 4 speed coupe!
Finished in original color tomato red over black, this California black license plate Volvo sports a great running previously rebuilt and upgraded 2.0 liter inline four cylinder engine mated to the factory 4 speed transmission with original working overdrive. Stopping power is provided by front disc and rear drum brakes, Owned by the current Volvo enthusiast for the last 25 years, this nearly half century old specimen features reclining seats, am radio, vent wing windows, original steel wheels with original hubcaps and excellent rubber. The mileage on the chassis is unknown and the car is being sold with clean and clear California title, current registration, two sets of keys, original owners manual and comprehensive maintenance records!
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this car is in GOOD to VERY GOOD99.99% RUST-FREE DRY AND CLEAN CONDITION THROUGHOUT! The paint finish sports a very good overall shine, the original chrome bumpers and trim have some expected fading and there are typical rock nicks, scratches, paint checking, touched up areas and other minor cosmetic blemishes. Overall I would rate this a very nice "driver-quality ten footer".
As I hope is articulated in the photos here, the interior of this classic Volvo coupe is in fairly GOOD condition overall. The lights, horn, blinkers, wing windows all work well. The stereo and odometer are inop, the tach reads optimistically high, the dash has some previous crack repair and a cover on it, the carpet is somewhat worn and faded and there are a couple of torn trim panels. Overall this is a still VERY cool classic cockpit!
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This P1800 starts well [has working manual choke], with very strong running engine with lots of verve, crisp shifting transmission, tight and responsive steering with excellent handling and good highway tracking with no shakes, shimmies or rattles. This is a fun and satisfying driving machine that garners much attention driving or parking anywhere!
THE DETAILS AND $$$$$
1. This 1968 Volvois being sold with clear and clear title and current registration. It is mog-exempt here in California due to the year [pre-1976]. IT WILL BE SOLD AS IS WHERE IS. Iinvite and very much welcome prospective new owners to come see, feel, drive and inspect this car in person.
NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully
2.Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.