1956 Volkswagen Beetle Super Rare original JDM export California Barn Find
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Beetle - Classic
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1956
- Mileage: 22825
- VIN: 1330178
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 1.2
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1956 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic1956 Volkswagen BeetleRARE JAPANESE EXPORT
~California Barn find~Imported from Japan to LA in 1962~Out of a 300 Car collection~Has been in storage for decades~Original JDM Oval window
When it comes to vintage automobiles, California and the West Coast of the United States have always been the most desirable the world over for many reasons; the mild climate and the fact that many automotive trends started in California. The automobile is the perfect technological symbol of American culture, a tangible expression of our quest to level space, time, and class and a reflection of our relentless mobility, social and otherwise. You see automobiles advertised the world over described as California cars because at some point they were in California or drove through California. A true California car is one that was sold new in California and titled in California, one that has the original plates that are on that title is a true California car.We are liquidating a collection of 300 actual California cars. This is a collection that took 70 years to comprise. Most have the original paint and original California licence plates issued to them when they were new.
Up for a NO RESERVE auction is a sweet little motor car, a 1956 Volkswagen Kafer Deluxe otherwise known as the VW beetle. This VW is one of those cars that you simply don't find in this conditionand with this history. Volkswagen beetles are arguablythe most recognizablevehicle on earth, generations of people have grown up and shared lasting memories in a Volkswagen. That bond between human and machine is best exemplified by the constant flow of strangers and their VW stories. This cars story started in late 1956 in Wolfsburg Germany. The VW was built to be exported for the Japanese Domestic Market in Januaryof 1957. Fast forward a few years to 1962, The kids have grown up and are moving overseas to attend theprestigiousUniversity of of California Los Angeles and the University of Southern California, two schools 13 miles apart. The close proximityto each othermadesharingthe family Volkswagen logistically suitable for 2 college kids in a new environment. California in the mid and late 60s was a breeding ground for new and radical ideas. Teenagers and college kids alike broke the status quo and expressed themselves and theirindividuality. This freedom was expressed when the family VW was the recipientof a color change from the original gray to a more vibrant blue to be more in line with ideals of the time. This was also around the time the VW ventured to Northern California and was later sold to the current owner. The bug sat locked away for decades until late 2018 when the car original motor was serviced and registered for the road.
Cosmetically this car is in great shape for a 1956 VW bug. Being kept in mild climate of southern and northern Californiathis classic bugbenefitedtremendously. The body is very straight and free of rust damage. The paint is from the late 60s and is in the beginningstages of prep to revert the color back to the original gray. The front spare tire boot is in great shape with no damage or rust. The engine pan is free of rust as well as the battery tray. All the glass is original as well as the USC and UCLA college stickers from the 60s.
Step inside this bug and you will find a very original interior in good shape. All the interior metal is in the original gray color. The dash is in good shape with no scratches. The gauges are functional and in good shape. The steering wheel looks great. The original red upholstery looks great and has aged nicely for 63 years. All the floors are solid and original.
Mechanically this car runs and drives great
The 1956 VW Bug or VW Beetle Oval window has an unique design. The Oval window in the back is timeless and it provides the 1956 VW Beetlewith a very high value
Main changes in 1956
Â§ Tail light housing raised 2 inches, and has only one window.
Â§ Gear shift handle is curved.
Â§ Bumper over-riders added.
Â§ Export models get dual chrome exhaust pipes (black enamel on standard models).
Â§ Steering wheel spoke moved off-centre.
Â§ Heater knob moved forward.
Â§ Larger fuel tank with more luggage space. Larger oil pump mounting shaft.
Â§ Fuel filter tap removed.
Â§ Copper plated fulcrum plates in universals.
Â§ Increased starter motor horsepower.
Â§ Tubeless tires.
Â§ Late 56 front floor heater outlets moved rearward.
Â§ Chromed dual tailpipes added, previously single tailpipe
Â§ Taillight housings moved 2 inches higher on rear wings
Â§ Bumper over riders added
Â§ Steering wheeldiameter spoke (horizontal) movedlower, off-center
Â§ Heater knob moved forward, previously located in back of front seats
Â§ Front seat backs now adjustable, previously non-adjustable
Â§ Redesigned gas tank holds larger luggage space
VW Beetle 1956 chassis numbers: 1 060 930 - 1 394 119
The chassis numbers for the 1956 VW Beetle are between 1 060 930 - 1 394 119.
Engine 1956 VW Bug
4-cyl. 1192cc/36hp 1bbl with manual transmission.
NO RESERVE THIS ITEM WILL SELL TO THE FINAL BIDDER!This listing includes well over 100 detailed photos and the vehicle has been described as descriptive as possible. If there is anything that is unclear or additional information is needed please don't hesitate to ask. Please ask any questions before bidding.Please only bid with the intention to own. Bidding then canceling for "entering the wrong amount" will get you blocked from further bidding. Thanks and Good Luck
Classic VW Bug Beetle Volkswagen TV Commercial AD DVD Type 1 - YouTube
Video will open in a new window
Using the eBay App? Paste link into a browser window:
I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO:
- Obtain and verify the registered information of all users who bid on this auction
- Cancel any and all bids at my discretion or end the auction early if necessary
- Bidders Age: You must be 18 years of age or older to bid
- Special eBay Bid Retraction Rules: Please read eBay's "Retracting a Bid"
- Your bid constitutes a legally binding contact to purchase this vehicle. Please read eBay's User Agreement
- If you place a bid before the last 12 hour period of the auction, you may retract that bid before the last 12 hour period but only for exception circumstances. You will not be allowed to retract that bid during the last 2 hour period of the auction.
- If you place a bid during the last 12 hour period of the auction, you will be allowed to retract the bid for exceptional circumstances but only if you do so within one hour after placing the bid.
- Buyer will need to arrange funds or financing before pickup or shipment.
- INSPECTION: I have done my best to disclose all information known about this vehicle for auction. I welcome a buyers inspections. If you plan to have a buyer's inspection, please make sure you inspect the vehicle prior to the auction ending. Inspection fees, if any, are buyers responsibility.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES MADE BY SELLER: This vehicle is being sold "as is". No representations or warranties are made by seller, nor are any representationsor warranties relied upon by bidders in making bids.
- TITLE INFORMATION: If payment is made by cashier's or personal check we will hold all titles for 10 days or until funds have cleared.
- All shipping charges and arrangements are buyer's responsibility. I will make vehicle available to third party shipping company hired by buyer but will not be responsible in any way for claims arising from shipping damage.
- Licensed carriers are generally insured for $3,000,000.00. We assume no responsibility for damages incurred after the vehicle leaves our location. Any claimsor other communication regarding shipment of vehicles will be between you and the shipper, not with seller.
- The amount of time it takes for delivery is dependent on the carrier. Verify with the shipper for an estimated time of arrive to be sure.
- I will contact the successful high bidder by email after the auction closes.
- Successful high bidder MUST communicate with seller through eBay within 24 hours of the auction ending to make arrangements to complete their transaction. If we cannot confirm your intention to buy or the sale is not completed within 5 days, we reserve the right to relist this vehicles or sell to any other qualified buyer.
- In order to secure bidon vehicle, successful bidder (buyer) must within 24 hours of bid closing send to seller a non-refundable deposit in the amount of $500.00 via PayPal. Within 72 hours of bid closing, buyer must send balance of funds by bank wire transfer, cash in person, or bank certified funds to seller.