Genuine Barn Find 1960 VW Split Window Walk-thru Bus
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- Type: Bus/Camper
- Year: 1960
- Mileage: 89,445
- VIN: 669934
- Color: Brown
- Engine size: 1600
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1960 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon
***This is a "Genuine" Barn Find sitting for decades!!!***
Watch this video - taking it out for itsfirst drive in YEARS!!! This bus drove great and was so exciting to get behind the wheel and drive it.
I am told that this VW Bus was originally a "Sundial" Camper and that someone later converted it to a panel bus. See photos for fiberglass and metal where windows once were (Please note that I am not a VW expert so please make your own judgement based on the photos.(I will include six (6) vintage window frames and glass in as-is condition if someone wishes to use them). There are rust areas which are typical for a Volkswagon Bus of this age so please see photos for condition and let me know if you have any questions.
This bus would be a great daily driver for someone who wants a fun around town bus or perfect for someone to restore to mint condition. (see below for work done).
Has three vintage dog dish hubcaps. Also has vintage VWrear seat - missing back - not sure of the year.Seat was never installed (including it in this sale). Has vintage VW seat belts. Not original paint - looks as though original paint was light grey. Drivers side headlight lens is broken, we are including a vintage lens stamped with VW logo and says "Made in Germany" - matches passenger side lens.
Recent work done on the VW Bus:
* Installed rebuilt 1600CC Engine
* New carborator
* Set of front shoes and set of rear shoes
* Front wheel cylinders
* Rear wheel cylinders
* Brake hoses
* Master cylinder
* Brake fluid
* Engine compartment seal
* Gas tank screen with filter and hose (flush and clean fuel system)
TERMS OF SALE:
* The vehicle comes with a clear California Certificate of Title. It is smog exempt and sold "as is--where is," with no warranties expressed or implied.
* If you have any questions, please ask them before you bid. After the auction ends, the sale is final.
* Please, only bid on this car if you are serious about owning it and have the necessary funds readily available. $1,000.00 deposit via PayPal within 12 hours and balance due within 3 days by Cashier’s Check.
* International bidders are welcome. Feel free to inquire about shipping rates f.o.b. Campbell, CA 95008