1975 VW Super Beetle Classic Convertible
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Beetle - Classic
- SubModel: 2 Dr
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Super Beetle Convertible
- Year: 1975
- Mileage: 1,822
- VIN: 1552014664
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 1.6L
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1975 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic 2 Dr
Classic 1975 VW Super Beetle Convertible design with standard wheels, upgraded audio system, fairly new black top and more! Great cruiser ready for the warmer weather ahead! Perfect cruise car to the Beach car.
The Karmann Super Beetle was introduced in 1971 and saw a host of changes, and improvements, nearly each and every year it was produced through 1979. This longer wheelbase platform offered a better overall suspension, turning radius, improved storage volume and larger engine. This engine brought 58 horsepower to the table which was enough to scoot this tiny, nimble car to speed adequately! A convertible option raised the fun factor and found new buyers seeking a more sun-centric way to cruise!
I am very excited to offer this 1975 Volkswagen Super Beetle Convertible! The car is finished in black with black convertible top and boot! The power is transferred through a 4-speed manual gearbox. The car has several nice features including dual outside mirrors, and folding rear seat with extra storage, as well as a new set of tires. Also, there is anaftermarket Sony CDX - GT510 player with upgraded speakers installed for great sound pleasure. (See below for more info on sound system.
The car has been surviving most recently in San Diego, CA, but previously was located in Northern CA in various locations in the San Francisco Bay area. It is in good condition and a great daily driver. While not completed yesterday, the paint and bright work are very presentable, needing some touchup on the hood and truck lids and this is a Beetle that one should not hesitate to drive or show! The engine fires right up.The car has a fairly new hard to find black top, boot and interior, with some minor damage in the top fold down areas. Interior upholstery is in fairly good condition, but the front seats spring system could stand some upgrading as they are worn down in some area, but the upholstery is reusable. Speedometer and gauges and lights work fine, but the odometer needs gear replacement, so it doesn't show correct mileage.
THIS IS A CONVERTIBLE YOU CAN DRIVE AS IS OR RESTORE IF SO DESIRED.
I would invite any interested parties to call on this road-ready Super Beetle! Thanks for looking!
Upgraded Sound System Installed:Product Highlights:General features:
- CD player with built-in amplifier (17 watts RMS/52 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, AAC, and ATRAC3plus music files (except Digital Rights-protected files)
- fold-down, detachable face
- dot-matrix fluorescent display with green/red button lighting
- remote control
- EQ3 (seven preset tone curves and a 3-band equalizer)
- Dynamic Soundstage Organizer — adds presence and life to your music
- compatible with Sony's iPod adapter and HD Radio™ tuner, and satellite radio-ready (tuner, subscription, and antenna required)
- inputs: front-panel auxiliary input
- outputs: two sets of preamp outputs
- CEA-2006 compliantamplifier