1969 Volkswagen Type 2 Campmobile - NO RESERVE
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- Type: Transporter
- Trim: Campmobile
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 42,038
- VIN: 239153745
- Color: Blue/White
- Engine size: 1600cc dual port
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Wood
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon
This beautiful, uch loved 1969 VW Campmobile is up for sale. This VW bus has been our daily driver and the perfect adventure vehicle for those times when we just wanted to hit the road, amp and explore Southern Arizona and Mexico. The functional and mechanical aspects of the vehicle have been sorted out, s illustrated by the extensive list of details bellow. The vehicle does not represent an immaculate restoration, ut instead it has the appropriate level of “wear and tear” for a vintage VW bus that has been well used and loved for. Our family is growing and our needs are changing, nd thus we are reluctantly selling our “kombi” to the next loving owner and onto a new adventure. We hope that it will continue to serve its new owners as well as it has served us.
If interested, lease call (520) 623-3177, nd a video of the vehicle can be seen at: youtube.com/watch?v=Ij2_2Ck33Mw
- Rebuilt engine with “newer” dual port 1600cc from Geraldo’s VW in La Paz, exico. This includes the block with new balanced camshaft, earings, onnecting rods, istons, ings, nd rebuilt heads with swivel foot adjusters for the valves.
- New clutch.
- New throw-out bearing.
- New pressure plate.
- New clutch cable.
- New remote spin-on oil filter installed in the engine bay that is plumbed full flow via a new sandwich adapter under the oil cooler.
- Oil drain plug has been replaced with a new oil temperature-sending unit.
- New VDO oil temperature gauge installed in the empty gauge where an optional clock would be.
- New EMPI four tip exhaust with a complete set of new gaskets.
- Rebuilt four-speed transaxle from Don’s Bus Box in Phoenix, rizona.
- Four new CV boots.
- All of the bushings of the shift rod leading up to the gear-shifter are new.
- Gear-shifter is equipped with a new quick-shift kit.
- New starter.
- The original ignition switch by the steering column is broken, ut an original replacement with new keys is included with the vehicle.
- New aftermarket ignition switch installed in the dash rather than the steering column.
- New ignition coil.
- High performance 009 distributor with “pointless” Pertronix ignition.
- New distributor cap.
- New rotor arm.
- New spark plugs and wires.
- New 34 PICT carburetor.
- New choke heating element.
- New uni-oil sponge air filter.
- New fuel-sending unit.
- The original “cloth” fuel lines have been replaced with modern rubber ones.
- New electrical “pusher” fuel pump.
- New fuel filters before and after fuel pump.
- All original electrical components (headlights, ail lights, ash lights, tc.) are functioning, ith the exception of the interior lights and the backup lights.
- The original turn signal switch is functioning properly, ut is ducted taped in place.
- New battery.
- New 100-amp alternator.
- New funny animal sound siren with a PA.
- New horn with the button installed on the dash rather than the steering wheel.
- New AM/FM cassette radio with an auxiliary plug.
- Two new speakers installed in the doors.
- New 45W solar panels attached to the pop-top that charge a new 140 Amp-hour deep cycle gel battery that is in parallel with the engine battery allowing the alternator to charge both while the vehicle is running.
- New 80A Solenoid that isolates the batteries when the vehicle is not running allowing one to run electrical accessories from the deep cycle battery.
- New solar panel charge controller with an assortment of electrical connectors, ncluding USB.
- New 410W inverter with two outlets for 120V appliances.
- Two New 12V neon lights that plug into the charge controller and via clamps, an be attached anywhere to the vehicle.
Wheels and Brakes:
- New 195/75/14 BF Goodrich All-Terrain tires from Discount Tires
- Two new passenger-side tie rods.
- New front brake shoes.
- New wheel cylinders on all of the wheels.
- New master cylinder new plastic reservoir.
- Two new brake light switches.
- New brake hoses.
- Brake system bled with new brake fluid.
- The Campmobile Westfalia interior is complete and fully functional in original un-restored condition. This includes:
The side storage cabinets next to the Z-bed, lthough the mirror on the inside of the tall door is missing.
The rear-facing seat behind the drivers seat with storage underneath and behind it.
The pop-up table.
The icebox (a cooler that resembles a refrigerator) with the spice rack and pop-up cutting board.
The sink with the water tank, he flip-over surface, nd a new water pump.
The pop-top is complete with new rubber hold-downs. The fabric is in great shape, lthough the zippers do not work and the mosquito netting does have some rips that have been patched with more netting.
Two jalousy windows with new screens and new knobs.
- The cushions have been reupholstered with a new and very durable cloth material that is dark blue in color.
- The front seats have been covered in the same cloth material as the cushions, nd could use new padding (especially the drivers seat) yet they are comfortable and functional.
- New curtains along the side windows, he jalousy windows, nd rear window.
- New front cot that extends over the two front seats.
- New front rubber floor mat.
Body and Exterior:
- The front nose has been replaced with a later model nose. This has been done professionally, nd is very hard to tell.
- Rust-free, ut with its share of nicks and dings
- The original pearl white paint has received a repaint in a two-tone white and baby blue color scheme that is beautiful and very fitting to the vehicle.
- New side scoops that greatly increase the cooling by forcing more air into the engine bay.
- Original sekurit glass in excellent shape with perfectly functioning windows.
- New windshield wipers.
- The plastic window cranks for the two front windows have been replaced with metal EMPI cranks.
- Original lenses in great shape.
- The original drivers side view mirror has a crack through it which does not affect its functionality.
- New headlight “eyebrows”.
- Comes with original front VW emblem.
- Functional spare tire in the original inside location.
- An access plate has been cut in the inside under the cushion (as found in later model VW vans) that greatly facilitates access to the engine bay.
- The original key locks the doors, lthough it is “sticky” and sometimes hard to unlock the doors.
- New interior sliding door handle.
- Tow hitch with a 2” ball and 4-prong wiring.
- Front receiver hitch allows one to add accessories in the front, uch as a winch or cargo rack.
- An assortment of spare parts (carburetor, gnition coil, istributor cap, otor arm, park plugs and wires, ight bulbs, tc.)
- A stack of receipts documenting the vehicles maintenance and replacement of all of the parts listed above
- Special VW tools:
17mm Allen wrench for the transaxle plugs
Star socket for the CV boots
- Required literature:
How to keep your Volkswagen alive - A manual of step by step procedures for the compleat idiot (by John Muir)
How to rebuild your Volkswagen air-cooled engine (by Tom Wilson)
- Beautiful, ell-maintained, nd unmolested VW Campmobile
- Reliable daily-driver, nd adventure vehicle.