1971 Triumph TR6 with overdrive
- Condition: Used
- Make: Triumph
- Model: TR-6
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 68,200
- VIN: NA
- Color: Red
- Engine size: Inline 6 cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: 4-speed manual with J-type electric overdrive
- Drive type: 2WD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Triumph TR-6
1971 Triumph TR6 convertible with overdrive, estored over the past two years and now recently completed. I purchased this car nearly two years ago and began what became a significant restoration process. Much of the car has been either repaired, eplaced or otherwise restored to original condition. It had an electronic ignition unit that I left intact, s it appeared a recent upgrade, nd this is virtually the only non-standard functional feature on this car, ther than the addition of a J-type electric overdrive unit whichis more durable than the original A-type unit.
Improvements, eplacements, estorations and repairs include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Rebuilt engine, o include replacement block (old one was cracked), ew standard sizerings, od and main bearings, round and lapped valves,head resurfaced, ew hoses, ew 12-volt battery, attery cables and battery blanket
- New radiator
- New headlights, hrome headlight rims
- New door and trunk locks, eys
- New heater core
- New custom built 3" diameter steel dual radiusroll bar that does not impede the vision of the driver's rear-view mirror
- New fan shroud, an belts
- New motor mounts
- New stainless steel exhaust pipe and stainless steel muffler
- New carpet
- New seat upholstery, o include foam and fabric
- New convertible top along with new vinyl top boot to dress up the looks of the car when the top is down (which should be most of the time)
- New windshield with seal
- New red line tires, ncluding spare
- Rebuilt transmission and added a rebuilt J-type electric overdrive
- New clutch disc, ew throw out bearing, ressure plate resurfaced
- Rebuilt speedometer
- Repacked all greased fittings, o include front steering, ront wheel bearings, ear CV joints, ew rear end gasket, resh gear oil
- New hydraulic inline rear shock absorber conversion kit, ew front shock absorbers
- New transmission and driveline PVC tunnel units
- Fresh 'signal red' exterior paint
- Too many minor components replaced to mention (the restorationfile is approx. 2 inches thick with receipts, iagrams, etc)
While I have endeavored to return this vintage European sports car to original condition,a fewminor components may be of slightly different configuration/design, ut the intent was to keep it original looking, nd I believe I have achieved this goal. The frame has been repaired at some point prior to my purchase of the vehicle at the pivot point on the driver side trailing arm, n addition to a few other places, nd is solid. The previous welder, owever, id not replace the trailing arm bushing bracket as far up on the frame as should have been, s that would have required removal of the body to access that point for correct welding. Accordingly, his bracket is approx. 1 inch too low, ut I have added coil spring spacers to bring the car back into level, nd I don't believe the geometry of the trailing arm has been affected to any significant degree. Also, he idle once the car has warmed up runs at around 1200 rpms, hich does not really affect the operation all that much, ut to many this may be an annoyance that would require both Stromberg carburetors to be rebuilt. The carburetors run perfectly fine throughout the performance spectrum, o I have left them as original, ith only the diaphragms and gaskets being replaced onboth units.
No manner of warranty is offered on this 44-year old car, or any guarantee of any kind.Sold strictly on an 'as is, here is' basis.To the seller's knowledge, owever, his carhas been restored to a high degree of mechanical operation, nd should perform admirably under normal driving conditions. Additionally, O PERFORMANCE CLAIM OR WARRANTY ON THE CUSTOM DESIGNEDROLL BAR is stated orimplied. This steelroll barhas been welded by a professional welder, nd is bolted to the car'sframe using (8) 3/8" carriage bolts, nd will probably (but not guarantee)increase the likelihood of surviving a roll-over accident over the previous design of the car without any roll barwhatsoever. I highly recommend, owever, hat the ultimate purchaser not roll the car over at all and put this custom-designed roll bar to the ultimate test.It is a convertible, fter all, nd getting involved in an accident that results in the car rolling over is going to be rough on the passengers regardless, oll bar or no.
Please only submit your offers with intent to purchase. Once your offer has been accepted, t is a binding contract. Down payment of non-refundable $1500 depositvia PayPal must be made within 48 hours of the accepted offer or 'Buy it Now' function having been selected. Balance of the payment will be due within 7 days of the closing of the initial sale date via whatever secured means that guarantees the seller full valid payment. Release of the car for transport will not occur until all funds are secured and verified as valid within seller's bank account. No exceptions, orry. If you wish to use a wire transfer, lease note that buyer will be required to pay ALL of these transaction fees, o include those by both sending and receiving financial institutions, nd these fees are exclusive of the purchase price.
International buyers are welcome to submit offers. I will assist in the shipping if possible, or additional fees,to the point of debarkation or export (west or east coast of the U.S.).