Beautiful fully sorted 1972 Triumph Spitfire. Drives wonderfully. Needs nothing.
Price: US $11,995.00 Item location: Canandaigua, New York, United States
- Make: Triumph
- Model: Spitfire
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 46,000
- VIN: FK33802U
- Color: Dark Green
- Engine size: 1300 CC
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual 4 speed
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Triumph Spitfire
- Spent most of its life in North Carolina and then some time in Florida. Never had any rust. No accident damage either.
- Mechanically restored in 2006. Rebuilt engine. Brake system completely redone including discs, calipers, shoes, wheel cylinders and master cylinder.
- One repaint but I don't know the date. It is a beautiful job that really shines. No runs or sags anywhere. Nooverspray on chrome, rubber or anywhere else paint shouldn't be.
- Upholstery is excellent. Seats are as new, beautiful.
- Top is in excellent condition.
- Chrome is perfect except for a little pitting on the right taillight bezel.
- Upgrades include custom headers and exhaustsystem, Weber carburetor, electric fuel pump, nice sounding air horns, and an aluminumradiator. Runs cool (170 even on a warm day).
- KN Minator 8 spoke wheels, (Made in UK). Very good tires.
- Recent work (2017) includes installation of a rebuilt transmission from QuantumMechanics ofOxford CT, one of America's most respected rebuilder of British transmissions. That is their only business. Clutch determined to be in excellent condition at that time. Rebuilt front suspension, and a new timing chain was installed as a precaution when a front oil seal wasreplaced. New clutch master and slave cylinders, which probably were not needed,installed while diagnosing the transmission issues that resulted in replacement.
- Runs as you would hope it would. No surprises here. The exhaust note is music to the ears of any sports car lover. No smoke.
- Odometer reads 46,000 but I can not attest to its accuracy. It would be consistent with the overall condition of the car however.
- Everything works as it should: Headlights high and low beam, all running lights, brake lights, turn signals, wipers, horn, hand brake, all gauges.
- There is a working radio/CD player, but I have never used it. A nice Sony unit.
- List of faults: The turn signal does not self cancel after a right turn. That's it!
- The only reason I want to sell this car is that I have my eye on a gorgeous TR6. I don't have the space or the budget for two toys.