Beautifully restored FJ60, low miles, unstoppable!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Land Cruiser
- Type: SUV
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 120,990
- VIN: JT3FJ60G6F1129780
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 2F 4.2 liter OHV inline 6 cyl.
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Gray & Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Toyota Land Cruiser
BEAUTIFULLY RESTORED, LOW MILES AND UNSTOPPABLE!
This is a lovingly restored ’85 Toyota Land Cruiser. She has received a thorough mechanical overhaul, and has been updated to be better than it was new: now with an OEM Land Cruiser H-55F 5-speed transmission, fuel injection, disk brakes, a full OME suspension and more. Both the interior and exterior have been beautifully refreshed as well. Freshly detailed, with merely 120k original miles and a clean, accident-free Carfax, she is as stunning and unique as she is a pleasure to drive.
No expense has been spared in restoring this Cruiser to a new level of capabilities, dependability and beauty. All told, over $25,000 has been spent in restoring this Cruiser. All work was completed in the last 3,000 miles /6 months by one of the most knowledgeable and respected Land Cruiser mechanics in North America:
1. NEW Toyota OEM H-55F 5 speed transmission and shifter
2. NEW OEM Japanese clutch
3. NEW Howell TBI fuel injection conversion
4. FULL compression test (all cylinders have EXCELLENT compression - this had to be verified prior to fuel injection conversion)
5. NEW FULL Old Man Emu suspension, leaf springs and shackles
6. NEW TSM2492 rear full float axle disk brake conversion (goodbye drum brakes)
7. NEW front brake pads, calipers and rotors
8. FULL POR15 frame protection (professionally prepped and sprayed exterior AND interior frame rails - looks amazing and will last a lifetime)
9. NEW SOR side step bars (powder coated and professionally welded to frame)
10. NEW custom heavy-duty emergency brake cable
11. NEW NGK spark plugs and Toyota OEM wire set
12. NEW OEM alternator
13. NEW Matsui driveshaft U-joints (all 4)
14. NEW drive belts
15. NEW heater hose
16. NEW thermostat
17. NEW engine cylinder head oil galley plug (common point of failure on FJ60s - now you will never need to worry about it)
18. NEW top and side valve cover gaskets and grommets
19. NEW Toyota OEM rear main seal
20. NEW oil pan gasket
21. Freshly tuned and adjusted valve lifters
22. Rebuilt transfer case with NEW Koyo parts and seals
23. Restored front wheel bearings with NEW seals and gaskets
24. Fully rebuilt steering gearbox
25. NEW Pacer original style chrome wheels (OEM chrome rims also included in sale)
26. NEW SOR FJ62-style chrome side mirrors
27. NEW window tint with lifetime warranty
28. NEW SOR driver seat cushion set
29. NEW Tuffy center console lock box
30. NEW Hella high output headlights
31. NEW OEM shoulder belts for rear seats (replaced the original lap belts)
32. NEW Lloyd Rubbertite custom fit front, rear and cargo mats
33. NEW marine JVC speakers and stereo with Bluetooth and internet radio capabilities
34. OEM Silver PPG paint job (completed approximately 18 months ago by previous owner)
Driving & Mechanics:
Per the exhaustive list of service, this is largely a new vehicle from a mechanical perspective. With the perfectly tuned Howell fuel injection, she fires right up without any of the quirks or inconveniences of a carbureted engine. She does not overheat, has exceptional engine compression and is as comfortable around town as she is at home on the highway. There are no leaks, and any typical weak spot on the famous Toyota 2F engine has been addressed and improved to make this Cruiser even MORE reliable under the hood.
Thanks to the upgraded H-55F 5-speed overdrive transmission, this Cruiser effortlessly travels down the highway at 75+ mph. Steering is agile and responsive ZERO shimmies or shakes. She is incredibly capable and stable, thanks to the all-new full EMU suspension set up. And when it’s time to stop, the all new front brake and professionally converted rear disk brake setup stops the Cruiser faster and more confidently than the day it was new.
Originally I purchased The Cruiser to use in Colorado. I had the entire frame professional prepped to remove any superficial surface oxidation and then sealed it with POR15, both on the outside and the inside of the frame rails, to protect it from winter chemicals and snow. The frame is gorgeous and the POR15 protection will last for a lifetime. This truck can go anywhere with little concern of the elements. And it turns out that I moved back to sunny Texas right after completing the work, so it wasn’t exposed to the winter elements! Prior to my ownership, the vehicle only lived in other warm sunny states as well: California, Arizona and Hawaii.
The vehicle spent the past summer in Austin, TX and has been unperturbed by the heat. The engine cooling system performs exceptionally. And thanks to the brand new OEM alternator (not one of the cheap auto part store versions) your entertainment, lighting, and power needs are covered.
The exterior turns heads every day. The PPG paint job was completed prior to my purchasing the vehicle and is an exact factory color match. The finish is less than two years old. It is nicely done, shiny and will last for many, many years to come. All of the glass is original and in perfect condition, including the windshield. The chrome is exceptional condition and the brand-new chrome Pacer wheels are the closest match available to the original OEM chrome wheels (which also included in the sale). The Pacer rims look AMAZING on this Cruiser. They are wrapped in BF Goodrich All Terrain tires (the de-facto choice for the FJ60) with 80-85% of their tread life remaining.
The interior of the vehicle is equally nice. The dash is in pretty much perfect condition and I would rate the original fabric on the seats at a 9 out of 10. The only flaw is a small cigarette burn on the driver seat that happened at some point in its life. I have repaired the area so that further damage will not occur and it is only visible on very close inspection. All of the original carpets are in excellent condition, and are protected by brand new custom-fit Lloyd Rubbertite mats (my personal choice for every car I own). The new Tuffy center console adds extra convenience, security and comfort. The excellent-condition OEM center console will be included in the sale as well, along with the original Toyota tool kit. Lastly, all lights, horns, blinkers, windows, handles, and locks work perfectly. This Cruiser is tight, confidence inspiring and rattle-free on any road or path.
The Wrap-up and standard mantra for any car regardless of service or price:
This is a beautiful pre-owned FJ60 Land Cruiser. There are other FJ60s for sale out there, but if you do find one for sale and it has more methodical service, I urge you to buy it! If you were to add up all of the recent items in this truck, you would find well over $25,000 in upgrades, preventive service and restoration alone. This truck is ready to live another 200k+ miles of beautiful, reliable, enjoyed life in your hands. Don't buy an un-serviced vehicle for less only to find you need to dump a pile of time and money into it to get it somewhat close to what this truck delivers.
While she may soon be “new to you” she is “not new” and you should be prepared for all that is involved with owning a used vehicle. Please do not expect a showroom brand new car. Please adjust your expectation level to that of a 31 year-old that has received some great refreshing cosmetically and mechanically. The original miles are VERY low for a Land Cruiser of this year, but please just remember that no 120,000-mile car is perfect. ONLY ACT IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT BUYING. She is sold as-is without warranty or exception, and there are no refunds or negotiations after purchase. The Cruiser is also for sale locally, so the eBay listing could end at any time.
This is an AMAZING vehicle. There are not any gross issues that concern me about her overall reliability, cosmetics and functionality.Known foibles and flaws include: THE R12 AIR CONDITIONING BLOWS COOL BUT NOT COLD, AN AFTERMARKET CRUISE CONTROL WAS INSTALLED LONG AGO BUT NO LONGER WORKS.
Please feel free to ask any and all questions! And there are a lot of pictures below, so please take time to scroll through all of them!