1977 Toyota BJ40 Diesel Land Cruiser. About 50k Miles!
Price: - Item location: Eagle, Idaho, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Land Cruiser
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1977
- Mileage: 52,000
- VIN: BJ40011135
- Color: White
- Engine size: Diesel B - 4 Cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1977 Toyota Land CruiserUp For Sale
This auction is for a 1977 Diesel Toyota BJ40. Similar to the FJ40 that was imported back in the '70s, the diesels were sent all around the world. After 1976, Toyota stopped exporting FJs to the States all together and we missed nearly two decades of fantastic, small SUVs.
This vehicle was originally red, but repainted white prior to arriving in the States. The interior and exterior are in great shape with normal wear/tear on a vehicle this age. No dents, no rust-through areas. Floors and tub are in good shape.
This vehicle was imported from Costa Rica in June of this year. It is fully compliant with all Federal regulations, import, DOT and EPA requirements. It is fully and legally imported and registered in Idaho.
It also is exempt from California's CARB regulations. I have sold three of these to CA buyers and they've all been successfully registered in California. I can give you advice on registering it in CA if you're a resident there.
Check your State's DMV registration requirements to make sure it is compliant with your State's regulations. It should be, but I don't claim to know all of the 50 State's regulations.
Why Buy a Diesel Land Cruiser?
- Unlike Jeep Wranglers or other 4x4s, Land Cruiser values increase rather than decrease.
- You can run these on biodiesel, vegetable oil or diesel. Simply convert and save the planet.
- Options! Top is removable! That is very cool and envy invoking.
- Easy to find parts for these vehicles. Diesels were exported all over the planet. There are lots of parts available in OEM. However, many of the parts are easily converted for the US market as well. They're pretty easy to work on.
- These diesel engines are engineered for a half a million miles or more!!
- Mileage!! They can get 25-30+ MPG. Tell that to your Jeep dealer!
- This is a rare vehicle! Diesels weren’t imported to the US
- Use this to show off your business!!
- Want to get noticed? Park one of these babies outside!
Wheels & Tires
The wheels and Tires are brand new and make this Cruiser B.A. (if you don't know what B.A. is, then you may want to look for a Jeep instead. ;) Wheel Brand: Ultra alloy 16" in matte black.
Tire Brand: Cooper S/T 255/85R16 (33") tractor style tread.
When the auction ends, a $500 deposit is required within 48 hours. Please make arrangements to pay the balance within 7 business days via deposit into my Wells Fargo bank account. This vehicle is privately owned and registered and not owned by a dealer. I also do not take credit cards as the fees would be astronomical on this size purchase.
This Land Cruiser is located in Boise, Idaho. It is registered here as well. You can fly here and drive it back or we can ship it. Shipping will be quoted based on where it's going. To give you an idea, it is about $800 to ship from here to L.A. You can also use the options that eBay gives you.
Returns & Mechanical Issues
This is a used vehicle. It is just under 40 years old. There may be some issues that I don't know about now. I just had it serviced by a very reputable diesel shop here in town and it is running great. That's not to say that something could happen after it is purchased.
That being said, there are no returns and we are not responsible for mechanical issues that may arise after the purchase.