1988 Toyota 4x4 Pickup
Price: US $1,025.00 Item location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Toyota
- Model: Pickup
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Year: 1988
- Mileage: 241,300
- VIN: JT4RN63A3J0228575
- Engine size: 2.4 Liter EFI
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1988 Toyota PickupRegrettably, I am selling Roxanne.
Roxanne is a 1988 Toyota 4WD pickup with an original 22R-E, EFI, 2.4-liter four-cylinder, 5-speed with lockout hubs. She currently sports 241,xxx miles. Engine is very strong and burns little oil. She has fresh 31-inch all-terrain tires mounted on polished Toyota alloy wheels and she has new(er) bucket seats from a 1994 4Runner replacing the original bench seat. Installed is also a high-definition FM stereo/CD/MP3 head (detachable), Bluetooth capable, with remote and hands-free voice recognition. Speakers are two (2) stock 4" + two (2) Sony 8" 220W triaxials. She's proven capable of jamming with volume.
Roxanne has been maintained regularly. Improvements, scheduled, and recent maintenance include:
* All oil/filter changes every 3K miles
* January 2016 - new windshield
* August 2015 - new clutch, pressure plate, clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder
* August 2015 - replaced original W56-B tranny (238K mi.) with a younger W56-B tranny (40K mi) and filled with synthetic fluid (third gear shift forks were sloppy)
* June 2015 - new door weatherstripping
* February 2014 - replaced camshaft (broken center cam tower)
* February 2014 - valve job, new lifters, new timing chain, new water pump, shaved head
* February 2014 - coolant system flushed
* January 2014 - replaced original instrument cluster (speedometer, temp, fuel) with a full-featured 4Runner cluster (speedometer, tachometer, tripmeter, oil, temp, volts, fuel)
* January 2014 - replaced all interior dash lights with high intensity, white LED lights (lower voltage, longer lifespan)
* January 2014 - installed factory digital dash clock (where previously was a dash blank)
* November 2012 - replaced original wiper switch (Hi, Lo) with intermittent, multi-speed wiper switch
* June 2012 - new drivers' window regulator
* August 2011 - new exhaust system from manifold back
* August 2011 - new brakes
* August 2011 - new shocks
There is the typical 80s truck rust, primarily on the external bedsides; however, the frame is solid and the tailgate is rust-free and fully functional. There is also a full bed liner with cargo eyelets. The front chrome bumper has some dings, as does the rear bumper. Please refer to images. The oil pan gasket has a modest leak (I have the gasket, not the time).
This truck was purchased for my two sons as transportation to high school and after-school work. Once they purchased their own vehicles, I kept her as my primary daily driver, fishing and camping vehicle, making the improvements listed above. I have driven her everywhere from the Ozark Mountains to Rocky Mountain National Park to Sedona AZ. She gets 18-23 mpg. In 4WD, she can climb a tree. If you're familiar with these trucks, you understand she is the epitome of Toyota reliability and durability (see Top Gear episode...search for Toyota HiLux).
I am selling her because I purchased a new(er) Toyota pickup and we no longer have room for her.
Buyer also receives original 1988 Toyota Pickup owners manual and original 1988 Toyota Pickup Factory Service Manual (see images); digital copies ofmaintenance/fuel records available upon request.
Truck is also listed locally; auction will be canceled if sale is facilitated before auction ends due to local sale.
No delivery available. Deposit of $1000 required within 24 hours via PayPal. Balance payable by cash only, face-to-face.
Good luck bidding!