2002 Superformance MkIII 427 Cobra Roadster with a 351 Winsor Bored & Stroked
Price: US $59,900.00 Item location: West Hollywood, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Shelby
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 3,200
- VIN: 1217
- Color: Gray
- Engine size: v8 351
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Manual
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Shelby1965 Shelby AC Cobra recreation Superformance vin #1217, 59,900 OBOCalifornia SB100 Registered
- 2002 Superformance MkIII 427 Cobra Roadster with a 351 Winsor Bored and stroked to 410CID with 3200 miles
- Titanium on Black
This Cobra is a SB100, alifornia VIN’ed, egistered and titled.Only 500 of these registrations for special constructions are given each year. No smog ever in CA.This car was specifically built to have all the looks of the big 427 but have drive-ability and the comfort of independent suspension.
There is also the possibility of Financing/ Leasing programs for qualified buyers.
Engine and drivetrain:Chassis, amp; engine 3200 miles total.Balanced 351 cid Ford Windsor V8, ored & stroked to 410 cid, ith Edelbrock Victor Jr. manifold and matching aluminum heads with a Holley double-pumper carburetorForged pistons, -beam rods, rower roller cam and roller rockers, emote-mounted oil filter fitted with SS braided hoses and ANSA fittings. Bottom end is fitted with girdle. MSD 6AL ignition for spark.No expense was sparedin the engine’s construction by Probe Industries.The Holley Carburetor was justrecently rebuilt.Starts right up with ease, ot or cold. No smoke, o stumbles, o issues.-TRANSMISSION10-1/2” McLeod clutch to a Tremec 5-speed transmission + an 8.8” IRS, ith 3.83:1 gear ratio. Trans shifts cleanly and shifts are positive.-EXHAUST
-Street version– undercar exhaust ceramic-coated headers that exit out the rear through a pair of mufflers with chromed tips. The owner of the car preferred no side pipes to make the car more drivable and easier to live with.-SUSPENSIONFully independent, -arm, oil over suspension in the front and rear. Not the standard straight axle. This suspension rides very smooth unlike the traditional cobra set up. Handling and ride is vastly improved over solid rear axle. All Rubber bushings are in great shape, o degradation.-BRAKES
The Wilwood 4 piston front and single piston rears bite hard under a heavy foot but are linear and comfortable for a casual drive. The pads are street pads that require no heat up time.-PAINT and BODY
The paint isas essentially new and just recently detailed. The cars paint is immaculate as it was just painted in January 2014 by Lasky Coachworks of Los Angeles. Laskey’s paints car to Pebble beach standards. This was a near $10k paint job in Lamborghini Titanium silver.-WHEELS and TIRES
Halibrand-style knockoff wheels with Bridgestone tires with 85% tread left front and rear.Interior-SEATS
Hi quality black leather seats are in immolate shape as well. The leather has been extraordinarily well cared for. The leather has been recently cleaned and conditioned.Heated seats were also added-DASHBOARDZERO cracks. ZERO lifting. Smith’s gauges in perfect shape and work wonderfully.Oil temp gauge in place, NO sender was run to it.OPTIONS INLUDED– Soft top and hard plastic side windows are included. In like new shape, n vinyl cases & were only placed on the car once– vinyl factory tonneau cover
–Flannel custom fit Superformance car included as well.-RADIO
Sony AM/FM/XM hidden-face radio with a concealed 300 watt amp, wo front-side speakers and a hidden floor-mounted subwoofer, ith a 6-CD changer tucked away in the luggage compartment.-ALARMK2000 car alarm with keyless entry remotes.Detailed Build Specs
– Hand laminated fiberglass body with reinforcing inserts.
– Heavyduty TIG welded ladder frame chassis with crumple zones
–Fully independent front and rear suspension.
– Limited slip differential.
– Willwood power-assisted vented disc brakes (4-pot calipers.Front, ingle-pot calipers back)
– Custom crafted coil-over shocks.
– Aluminum pin drive “Halibrand” style wheels (Knock – off) with 15” tires.
– Side and rear view mirrors.
– Original style pedals, atches and fittings.
– Original style shifter and hand brake lever.
– Carpeted interior and trunk.
– Aluminum finished firewall.
– Sun Visors and wind wings.
– Wipers & Washer, eater/defogger.
– Leather seating surfaces (drivers adjusts.)
– Original style latch-lock seat belts.
– Moto – Lita wooden steering wheel.
– Monza style filler. (locking gas cap)
– Aluminum, ingle core hi-performance radiator, hroud and dual fans.
– Oil cooler and braided lines.
– Stainless steel fuel tank. 17 gal. (Pressure tested.)
– Original style side pipes and headers to accommodate Ford based V8 engine
– Original style gauges (Smith) and switches. (Lucas.)
– Reverse 180mph speedometer
– Stainless steel roll bar, hassis mounted
Check out SPF’s page
http://www.superformance.com/mkiii_specs.aspxCar is sold as is where is. Car is available for inspection by appointment in Los Angeles. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.If you would like more Information and Pictures please go to;