1965 Shelby AC Cobra Factory Five Challenge Car. 5.0 fuel injection 5 speed
- Make: Shelby
- Model: Cobra
- SubModel: Cobra
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Challenge Car
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 380
- VIN: MA33051
- Color: White
- Engine size: 5.0, Fuel Inejciton
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Shelby Cobra Challenge Car
Van Aliso Enterprises Inc is in the business of representing quality used machine tools. We are a company that is dedicated to representing what we sell accurately and keeping our customers happy with the purchases they make. We are always looking to buy your machines and pay well if you have anything to sell. Each sale is Cash with order, meaning you must pay in full before you pick up the machine. Price is our shop floor in Santa Paula CA, unless otherwise specified. We can find a truck for you at a reasonable rate but you are responsible for paying the freight. We encourage you to come and inspect the machines under power in our warehouse at your convenience as the listing below is just a guideline and is not guaranteed to be accurate. Paypal payments accepted for purchase less than 1,000. Company Check, accepted for anything over 1,000.
Today we are pleased to offer: One Lightly Used Shelby Cobra Factory Five Challenge Car. Registered under CA SB-100 no smog ever for this car. Specs below are from the Factory Five Website. Give them a call to find out how great these cars are.
The Mk4 Roadster frame has been seriously modified to accommodate the addition of the full competition cage. The cage design meets SCCA Open GT requirements for a racecar. The doors are sealed since the cage replaces door hinge mechanisms. Frame is completely jig-welded original style 4” round tube frame. Includes all mounts ready to accept small block Ford engine and Ford running gear.
• Comes in bare steel frame with
optional gloss black powdercoating
• Integral roll cage, legal for multiple sanctioning bodies
• Welded in door bars
• Frame comes set-up for the 3-link suspension
Hand laid 3/16” laminate composite body and panels made with vinylester resin.
• Driver and passenger doors outer skins with no liners
• Hood with molded hood liner
• Trunk with molded trunk liner
• Includes secondary body fasteners assembly
• Rubber hood and trunk bumpers
• Includes competition hood pin set with mount plates and fasteners
• Includes original design quick-jack competition bumpers with stainless steel sleeves and fasteners
Includes over 40 CNC cut, pre-formed 6061 series aluminum panels for cockpit, trunk, and engine bay.
• 1,200 pre-packaged rivets; 1/8” short and long, 3/16” short and long
• Complete cockpit aluminum with
optional block-off plates and patch covers
• Engine bay aluminum assembly with aluminum nose sections and splash guards
Includes high-quality KONI brand mono-tube, rod-end, coil-over shocks, tubular upper and lower A-arms with ball joints, adapter brackets and all grade-8 mounting hardware. Front
suspension comes ready to use
Mustang 11” front brakes.
• KONI-high performance mono-tube, rod-end shock absorbers
• Fully adjustable upper control arms with ball joints and fasteners
• FFR tubular lower control arms
• Forged FFR spindles
• Bolt-on front adjustable sway bar
Challenge kits are delivered with the FFR 3-link deluxe rear coil-over
suspension package standard. This rear suspension includes all the parts you need to mount your Mustang 8.8” rear solid axle and brakes. Comes with all fasteners and hardware required to install.
• KONI coil-over shocks and coil-over kit with fasteners
• Solid-axle lower control arms with bushings
• 3-link rear frame and panhard bar kit with brackets and fasteners
Challenge kit comes with pre-flared brake and fuel lines, (3/16”, 1/4” and 5/16”) and fasteners to use. Includes polished vintage Aston LeMans flip top gas cap, integral modern fuel pressure cap and adaptor kit. Fuel lines,connectors, filler neck and fasteners
• Brake line mount brackets, fasteners and pre-flared brake lines
• Pre-flared fuel lines (1/4” and 5/16”) with unions, barbs, hose clamps and high press flex lines and fasteners
• Aston LeMans original polished
aluminum fuel cap with integral
pressure cap, gaskets, ground strap and fuel hose to tank with fasteners
Steering adapter kit to utilize Mustang steering rack includes upper shaft, pillow blocks, flange bearings, fasteners, lower shaft and u-joints. Features a collapsible column, vintage leather and aluminum steering wheel with aluminum boss, center section and center section badge.
• Lower steering shaft with 1987-1993 rack adapter (3/4”-36 spline)
• Upper steering shaft, spring washer and fasteners
• 14” leather and aluminum steering wheel with boss and ceramic F5R
center section and fasteners
• Steering bearings and hardware, including flange bearing, pillow block bearing and fasteners
• Standard competition bump-steer kit
Electric cooling fan and mounting hardware, killer stainless steel cooling hose kits with adapters, and all necessary fasteners.
• Electric cooling fan and mounting kit with connectors
• Radiator mount kit and fasteners
• Stainless steel radiator hose kit
includes adapter kit, fasteners and hose
• 185 degree thermostat switch and wiring
• 4-into-1 side exhaust, bare steel with rubber hanger brackets, gaskets and fasteners
• Pair of mustang header-to-side pipe adapter tubes (straight pipes exhaust with O2 sensor bungs)
• Oil filter relocate mount with fittings, hoses, barbs and fasteners
• Spin-on engine block adapter
• Alternate drive pulley, spacer, pulley wheel and fasteners
• SB performance air filter, conical
• A-frame transmission mount frame and hardware
• A/C replacement pulley kit and
custom length fan belt with fasteners
• Accelerator Cable Assembly: includes the cable, return spring and retainer
Challenge kit parts are included to adapt Mustang wiring harness and EEC IV computer. Kit comes with components to build your car with an authentic original street style dash. Complete assembly comes with covered aluminum dash, dash buttons, toggles and indicator lights, switches, and horn.
• Trunk mounted battery box, cables and hold-downs with fasteners
• Battery ground strap
• Insulated line clip hardware and fasteners
• Cable ties, wire loom and flex
• Mk4 pre-cut original style aluminum dashboard with fasteners
• Padded dash cover, black vinyl with dash buttons and toggles
• Wiring harness mounting hardware kit
• Dash indicators: red, green, blue dash lights
• Complete modern gauge set (listed in interior parts)
• Battery cut-off switch, exterior
The kit comes with a full set of modern/performance gauges, pre-cut dash, toggles, horn button, indicator lights, and rear view mirror. Authentic original seats are replaced by a single
aluminum competition seat.
• Aluminum competition driver’s seat with cover
• 5-point Simpson brand 3” wide
competition H-harness set with
fasteners for driver
• Interior rear view mirror with fasteners
• Complete seven gauge, Autometer brand Ultra-light gauge set includes, speedo, tach, oil temp, oil press, water temp, fuel level, and voltmeter
• Authentic chrome shifter handle, shift knob, boot, polished ring and fasteners
• Original style rear view cockpit mounted and side view/flank mounted mirrors
• 14” leather and aluminum steering wheel with polished aluminum boss (listed in steering assembly), and F5R ceramic center badge
• Covered aluminum dash with all dash buttons, toggles and indicator lights
Period correct exterior trim and items complement the vintage racing looks and purpose of this car. Parts include:
• Authentic competition windscreen and fasteners.
• Authentic original 3 lock set including T-trunk handle, L-shaped hood handles, matching keys, cam wedges, fasteners, latch pin sleeves and plastic end cap
• Internal trunk hinges and fasteners
• Polished bullet style side view mirror and fasteners
• Authentic Aston roller gas cap, polished cast aluminum with adaptor kit and all fasteners (listed previously in fuel system).
• Competition hood pins.
• High-quality laser-cut aluminum side louvers.
• Ceramic F5R badging nose and tail
• Original style headlamp assemblies, including buckets, halogen headlamps, trim rings, and fasteners (DOT
• Original style front turn signals, amber and red twin filament rear tail-lights (DOT on all lighting)
• Original style Quick Jack bumpers
• Front competition air dam and fasteners
• FFR Challenge series decals small and large
• Carbon fiber exterior roll cage slot covers with rivets
Utilizing the Mustang pedal box, we supply you with pedal box adapter kit, fasteners and accelerator cable, pedal capture, return spring and ball stud retainer, with fasteners.