RARE CLASSIC 1979 PORSCHE 928 5 SPEED! 30K MILES BLUE PLATE CALIFORNIA CAR!
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 928
- Trim: 928
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 30,823
- VIN: 9289200305
- Engine size: V8
- Drive type: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Porsche 928
Offered for an appreciating new owner is this cool classic 1979 Porsche 928 coupe!
Finished in gleaming signal red over camel leather, this 37 year-old specimen shows just over 30,800 miles on its currently non-working odometer. The mileage is said to be about 1,000 more than that as communicated to me by the previous owner. [Due to the year, I cannot 100% verify this] It is in fact though, a ONE-FAMILY-OWNER CLASSIC PURCHASED NEW IN LOS ANGELES!. This Californiablue license plate car was recently revived from nearl quarter-century slumber and treated to all new fluids and gas tank boil-out, tires, and shifter bushings. It also just passed stringent California smog testing on the first try [9/14/16]. It sports a great running 219 horsepower 4.5 liter single overhead cam V8 engine mated to the rare and desirable 5 speed manual"dogleg"transmission with stopping power provided by four wheel disc brakes. This NON-sunroof "slick top"specimen also features original "phone dial" alloy wheels with brand new Continental tires, original spare tire, electric windows, tilting gauge pod, manual leather seating, original keys, owner's manual and period-correct Porsche am/fm/cassette stereo. This groovy appreciating classic is being offered from my 928 collection [I also have a 1983 928 automatic AND a 1988 S4 automatic available individually OR as a PACKAGE DEAL] with clear and clean original "pink slip"California title.
This is a great value for about the cost of the sales tax alone on a new and quickly depreciating Panamera!
PLEASE CALL ME, Evan at 650-350-8828 FOR MORE DETAILED PHOTOS, QUESTIONS OR TO SCHEDULE VIEWINGS & MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this car is in GOOD TO VERY GOOD 99.99% RUST-FREE DRY AND CLEAN CONDITION THROUGHOUT! The older [re]paint shows a very nice overall shine with a few expected minor cosmetic imperfections like fading/wear on the alloy wheels and rock nicks,paint chips and light scratches on the paint finish. This car has a still beautiful unencumbered shape and is certainly worthy of attendance at any local classic car show while you definitely get attention driving it anywhere.
As I hope is articulated in the photos here, the interior of this car is in good to very good quite original condition overall. The saddle tan leather is still quite firm and comfortable in that Germanic tradition, the carpets, door panels, etc all appear to be factory original looking like a true 30,XXX miles car. Imperfections inside the car include heat cracking on the dash, a/c not cold, radio not functioning well and, typical of a car of this era, there are a variety of heat-struck and delaminating trim panels bits. Also the original spare is unusable due to a gouge in the tire AND the gauge cluster with mostly inoperative functions with strong recommendation to replace the entire unit. [recommendation by a foremost speedometer specialist]. Overall, this is still a handsome, comfortable, cool and amazingly original classic cockpit.
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This 1979 928 starts perfectly, runs very well with excellent smooth acceleration, solid braking, precise steering feel with confidently responsive handling and solid/heavy shifting and clutch action. This particular car is VERY satisfying to drive with smooth and supple suspension free of any noteworthy shakes or rattles interfering with the sound of its melodious V8 exhaust note.
A FEW OTHER TIDBITS
1. The Porsche 928 model has been featured in NUMEROUS film and television venues including Tom Cruise in Risky business from 1983 driving his 5 speed 1979 928 and Al Pacino in Scarface also driving a 1979. A few other appearances include a 1978 in Days Of Thunder and the 2000 flick Psycho. One even appeared in a Britney Spears video. [I am gonna watch that one tonight!]
2. I also have a nice set of 17" 1995 alloy wheels available at additional cost in addition to or instead of the phone dials.
3. As mentioned above, I have TWO other 928s. I am open to trading two or three of them for one single cool classic Porsche or BMW [E28 M5, Bavaria, 2002, etc.]
THE DETAILS AND DOLLARS
1. This 1979 Porschewill besold with clear and clear original California "pink slip" title. California buyers will receive current smog certificate [just perfromed 9/14/16].IT WILL BE SOLD AS IS WHERE IS. I invite and very muchwelcome prospective new owners to come see, feel, drive and inspect this car in person.NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully
2.Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.
BUY-IT-NOW INCLUDES FREE DELIVERY ANYWHERE IN CALIFORNIA!