PORSCHE GT2 TRACK / RACE CAR - COMPLETE GETTY GT2 BODYWORK, 3.6 LITER, 915 BOX
Price: US $46,800.00 Item location: Pleasanton, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 911
- SubModel: GT2 GETTY CONVERSION
- Type: COUPE
- Trim: 2 DOOR
- Year: 1977
- Mileage: 42,000
- VIN: 9117202088
- Color: WHITE
- Engine size: 3.6 Liter
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: GAS
- Transmission: 5-SPEED MANUAL
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: BLACK
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1977 Porsche 911 GT2 GETTY CONVERSION
1977 Porsche GT2 Conversion - Race / Track Car
Professionally Constructed 993 GT2 Race / Track Car Conversion
$125,000+ Cost No Object Build - Immaculate Concourse Quality Track Condition
3.6L Engine w/ Fresh 5-Speed 915 Transmission; 100% Turn-Key / Track Ready
2,170 lbs. Dry Weight . Very Fast
NOTE: Our listings are rather lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model, onsiderations in buying a classic car and facts about our firm. However, e continually hear from out-of-state / out-of- country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, f you are not prepared to read the full listing, lease scan the DETAILS below along with viewing the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer, lease call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Porsche and answer any questions over the telephone, ncluding our "Buy it Now" policy. Yes, he Porsche can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON EBAY WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, NGINE, NDERCARRIAGE, TC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THIS PORSCHE, UT WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, OU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, LEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF EBAY POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE EBAY LISTING. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OF ANY PART OF THE PORSCHE. ALL OF OUR PHOTOS ARE TAKEN IN NATURAL LIGHT AND WE DO NOT "PHOTO-SHOP" OR TOUCH-UP THE PHOTOS IN ANY WAY.
This car is offered at a realistic price and, nlike bidding on cars in an auction environment, ou will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 23+ years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with over 890+ positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, uitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, onded (for the financial transaction), ully insured, nd operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, nd specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, lease let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, res.
Classic Cars Ltd.
DETAILS-THIS PARTICULAR PORSCHE 993 GT2 RACE CAR
The construction of this incredible race / track car began in the early 2000's in Southern California. The builder, ames Ottosen, as a working owner of a Porsche race shop and had constructed about 85 customer race cars and now wanted to build one for his own use. He chose a solid 1977 Porsche 911S as the base tub and installed a 12-point cup car style roll cage, etaining the steel doors and roof. The VIN tag on the driver's side door jamb shows VIN 9117202088 with a 03/77 build date for the original 911S. This build was a professional, ost-no-object Porsche 993 GT2 conversion ($125K, ot including countless hours of labor). A Getty 993 GT2 conversion kit with fenders an extra 1 ½ inches in width was used. Photographs of the disassembled body shortly after being painted are included on our listing.
As the power-plant, 3.6 liter engine sourced from a 1992 Porsche 964 was chosen for this build. This engine came from a 42,000 mile 911 that had been totaled by a fallen tree. Since the build, large capacity fuel cell and countless other upgrades have been added to the car. Needless to say, t no longer resembles the original car and literally every "nut and bolt" has been replaced, ebuilt, pgraded or restored. About the time the build was complete, he builder retired from the automotive business and decided to sell the car, aving put only 200~ sorting miles on the car and never having the opportunity to race it.
In 2006 he sold the fresh, ompleted Porsche to an Oregon buyer who further refined the car ($15K+ in receipts provided) and lightly tracked it, ostly in SCCA events. In 2009 the car was sold to its current Northern CA owner, ho has maintained it in immaculate show-like condition (receipts provided) and also lightly tracked it at local tracks including Laguna Seca, ears Point and Thunderhill. Maintenance records support that the Porsche has accumulated only 600 miles in the past 5 years. Both of the past two owners deemed the car extremely safe, eliable and fast and it is 100% ready to race / track with confidence. Finally, he car was just inspected by a qualified German repair specialist who performed a safety inspection, luid change, omplete tune-up, resh oil service and brake flush at a cost of $4,500.00.
The Porsche has a clear California title but is not currently registered in California due to smog test requirements (it has no catalytic converters). It was previously licensed by the builder for the street in Southern California in 2006 when it still had a stock exhaust system and still bears those California plates 5HPA672. It has all required lights, ipers (the blades are currently removed), horn etc. and could be put back to street use with exhaust system changes and wing removal (or reduction from its current GT3 configuration).
The odometer, hich was not set to zero when the car was converted to a race car, s now at 94,250. Records show the mileage as 92,251 in Southern California on 09/10/04, o the car has been driven only about 2,000 miles in the past 12 years and fewer than 600 during the previous 5 years. However, he mileage is somewhat irrelevant since the car is literally completely rebuilt / restored for track use. Track time has been limited to an estimated 20+ hours.
- 1977 Porsche 911S chassis, irst year fully galvanized at factory, irst year power brakes
- Dry weight of car only 2,170 lbs.
- 1992 Porsche 964 3.6L engine, 2K miles when installed, pprox 2K since
- Dynoed rear wheel horsepower / torque revealed 233 hp and 220 lb-ft. torque (graph provided)
- Club Sport motor mounts, illet pulleys, acing valve springs/retainers/keepers, ilver powder coated valve covers and fan
- Factory 993 fender-mounted oil cooler w/ fan and large center oil cooler
- Mag case 915 5-speed transmission, reshly rebuilt factory 80% LSD, .31 ring and pinion, emp sender (built by Bobby Hart of California Motorsports), eine shifter and factory short shifter
- 1 ¾" ERH headers w/ baffled megaphones, eramic coated w/ polished stainless tips
- Exhaust system to allow car to meet 92db requirement at Laguna Seca
- Suspension-Koni adjustable struts, 3 and 30 mm torsion bars, urbo tie rod ends, RP bump steer, 2 mm ERP front sway bar, actory rear sway bar w/ adjustable drop links and reinforced mounts, oly-graphite bushings, ull corner balance and alignment by Porsche only race shop (Rothsport)
- Brakes-964 turbo calipers front and rear, 30 rotors, raided lines, unctional air ducting to vented backing plates
- Wheels-CCW Purner 3-piece 18x10 and 18x12 1/, lack powder coated
- Fresh Tires-Toyo Proxe's R888, 85/30ZR18 front and 335/30ZR18 rear, /32" tread NOTE: Just replaced with fewer than 50 miles on front and rear tires.
- Roll Cage-12-point cup car style cage reproduction, IA padding and custom padded covers, oll bar integrated to tow hook, indow net, CCA stamped
- Racing Seats-Sparco carbon w/ black upholstery
- Seat Belts-Crow 5-point red cam-lock belts both sides
- Fuel Cell-Fuel Safe 32 gallon foam-filled cell modified to hold 34 gallons w/ working fuel gauge
- All windows except windshield are Lexan, otally scratch free, oth side windows fitted w/ sliders
- Both the front and rear compartment lids have dual safety pin type latches
- Front end tow loop
- Halon fire bottle w/ billet mount between seats
- Remote kill switch
- All View wide angle rear view mirror
- Momo quick-release steering wheel
- Getty Design GT 2 body kit w/ fenders 1 ½" wider than standard GT kit; fiberglass bumpers, enders, ear quarters, ood and roof panel; RSR tail base, 0" wide Crawford carbon fiber wing
- 993 mirrors, oor handles, eadlights, aillights, ide and rear glass molding
- 3M stone guard material on front and headlights
- Black rock shield material on front of rear flared fenders
- Wurth cad-plated metric Ny-lok fasteners used to secure all body work
- Fender edges reinforced for extra strength, ender wells lined w/ padding to reduce reverse fiberglass stone cracks
- Inner fender cushioning to prevent rock damage / stars to body & paint work
- Front splitter w/ Nascar adjustable supports
- Excellent safety glass windshield; all other windows of scratch-free Lexan, ustom driver and passenger sliders
- Full width PORSCHE decal across top of windshield
- Beautiful nearly flaw-free white exterior, PG Super White (2004 Toyota Tacoma)
- VDO trans and volt gauges, onster oil and alternator lights, idden shift light, ll factory gauges and a new black factory dash pad
- Black RD America door panels
- Black upholstered Sparco carbon racing seats
- Excellent black carpet
- Horn, ipers and all lights work
- Battery in smugglers box w/ Rennline aluminum cover
- Smartly opening/closing doors and front and rear compartment lids
- New weatherstrip
This Porsche is in absolutely immaculate condition and, rankly, as the appearance of a show car rather than a track-ready race car. It has, n fact, eceived recognition at concourse shows. However, espite the incredible cleanliness of the build, ake no mistake; this is a very serious track / race car. While its primary purpose is as a track / race car, he car has potential to be used as the occasional street car. However, t does not have catalytic converters and will not pass smog at this time. It is fitted with complete lights, urn signals, indshield wipers and other street equipment including DOT legal tires. In the right state / country it would (could) be legalized for street use.
The current owner has kept the car in absolutely meticulous condition and it is a car that will be appreciated by a discriminating Porsche enthusiast. The white paint is exceptional and the overall build quality is of the highest level. The finest products were utilized in the construction of the 911 and the interior, ront trunk and engine bay are as spotless as the exterior. The entire underside of the car is as clean as the topside as the photos support.
The exterior lettering / numbers can easily be removed so that the new owner can personalize the car to their liking. An additional exhaust system is included to allow the car to run at Laguna Seca (and other circuits with noise limitations) that restricts the noise levels to 92dB. Note: some of the photos show the wheels polished but they have subsequently been powder coated black.
Overall, he condition of this car is truly stunning. This car has the appearance of never having been tracked.
Please contact me for additional information regarding this remarkable Porsche.
In its current configuration the Porsche is a a track car that would easily pass the most stringent tech inspection and is truly "turn-key." The car has had a tremendous amount invested in the professional build and the car's owner estimates that the cost of bringing the body, nterior, hassis/suspension to its current level would exceed well over $100,000, ot including the costly and desirable 3.6 liter engine and fresh, rofessionally built 915 gearbox.
The car has potential for a number of uses including a track car, ull blown race car, orsche PCA entrant and even a race concourse car. It has run at Laguna Seca, ears Point and Thunderhill and is reliable, asy to drive and handles incredibly well as a result of the suspension upgrades and bodywork that allows for considerable tire width both front and back.
- Detailed file of receipts from last 2 owners, otor vehicle dept. docs, yno results, uild photos, rack photos
- Custom, ailor-fit car cover
- Clear California title
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, e recommend that you carefully review the seller's background for any collector car being sold over the Internet. It is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, ut not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have they completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
Do the photos show details of the interior, xterior, op, hrome, tc. or are they simply "glamour shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, icensing by the state, nd a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, rievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, ransport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, mall, alifornia town for over 21 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", ndoor showroom, nd specialize in the sale, onsignment, nd purchase of sports, igh performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, rivate owners and collectors, nd many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, ith excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, nd around the country. As a result, e do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, uch as wholesale auctions, alvage sales, r lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, r those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
- We have sold hundreds of unique, lassic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, r through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, omplete, nd thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, erminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 890 positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, onded, nd licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, nd will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, e find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), hanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, alifornia buyers will be subject
to sales tax, documentation fee, MV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, ales-tax, icense/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- We encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail. Also, f you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, tc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We encourage inspections of this Porsche by serious, ualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage and type, e are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, e make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, nd highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, tanding in the community, ength of time in business, nd other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, icks, cratches, tc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, r even a relatively new, sed "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, wnership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, hese cars require regular, ngoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, atience, nd understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, ollector / "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, n some instances, as been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, e are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to purchasing any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd.
Body Type / Style:Coupe Exterior Color:White Interior Color:Black Engine:6 Cylinder Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Mileage:Brand New! Drive:Rear Doors:2
3M Stone Guard - Front
4-Wheel Disc Brakes
5-Point Racing Harnesses
Custom Car Cover
Dual Side Mirrors
Exceptional Paint Quality
Freshly Rebuilt Transmission
Front & Rear Sway Bars
Full Roll Cage
Momo Steering Wheel
No Previous Damage Body
Original Porsche Gauges
Removable Steering Wheel
Repl. Factory Porsche Engine
3.6 Liter Engine
Getty GT2 Bodywork / Conversion
Wheels Now Powder Coated Black
Laguna Seca 92dB Exhaust Included
Current Exhaust Installed
34 Gallon Endurance Tank
5-Point Belts / Fire Ext.
Quick Release Momo
Roll Cage - Int, ront & Rear
Prof. Built 915 Gearbox
Fresh Complete Service
GT2 Custom Exhaust
Pass Seat & 5-Point Belts Fittted
Totally "Turn-Key" Track Ready
Terms & Conditions
- Buyers outside of California will be responsible for a $195.00 fee for processing/administration. The charge will apply if the vehicle is purchased through ebay or before or after the auction, irectly through Classic Cars Ltd.
- The vehicle is listed for sale elsewhere. We reserve the right to end the auction at anytime. We will be glad to discuss details of a "pre-auction" purchase (925) 846 1451.
- Inspections of vehicles are encouraged but (by appointment only) must be completed within 24 hours of the end of the auction.
- Out of state buyers are responsible for the high bid and any shipping costs. California buyers are subject to the appropriate sales tax, MV transfer, nd fees associated with the purchase of any used vehicle sale in the state of California.
- To avoid shipping the title with the car to our out of state buyers, e mail the title via Priority Mail.
- While shipping and transportation costs (if appropriate) are the responsibility of the winning bidder, e can assist with locating a suitable transporter. We regularly ship cars all over the USA/World, nd can often times locate very competitive rates for transporting vehicles door to door, o a local terminal, nclosed, pen, tc. Please call us for specific information/rates to your location.
- We meet some great people and fellow enthusiasts, nd only rarely do we have problems with non-paying bidders. Please be certain that you are prepared to buy the car if you bid, r call us at 925-846-1451 before the end of the auction if we can answer any questions. If you have a "sunglass" rating or fewer than 10 feedback ratings on eBay, lease call us before you bid so that we can discuss the bidding process, tc. If we do not hear from you, e reserve the right to delete your bid.
Thank You & Happy Bidding
Classic Cars Ltd. On Jan-22-16 at 11:30:31 PST, eller added the following information:
Sellers: Delight buyers. Get your own map of past buyers.