1970 Plymouth Barracuda Big Block 440 Shaker Hood
Price: - Item location: Sherman, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Plymouth
- Model: Barracuda
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 39,824
- VIN: BH23G0E116072
- Color: Sublime Green
- Engine size: 440 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 727 Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Plymouth BarracudaUp for sale is a solid 1970 Plymouth Barracuda with the Shaker hood and a 440 big block. Although it does look good in pictures, the paint is not great on the car.My reserveprice is reflective of the paint condition so I am being realistic. I am open to offers on it.
- As stated above, the paint is not great on the car. It is a factory Sublime Green car as evidenced by the FJ5 on the fender tag. It has some sub-par body work that has been done in some places but it's not completely beat up.
- The Shaker hood assembly is complete.
- The glass is all in good shape and only has some light scuffs here and there.
- The trim is all in decent shape and just has some light scratches and dings.
- The front and rear bumpers are painted steel and in decent shape. They are not bent up anywhere.
- The 15"Ralley wheels are all in good shape and have nice BFGoodrich tires front and rear.
- The grille is in good shape and not broken, but the outer bezel on the right side does have a small piece broken off the corner.
- The car is pretty solid underneath and even has a lot of the original undercoating on the floor pans, frame rails, trunk pan, etc. There are a couple very small holes in the floor pan on the passenger side but it is very solid underneath overall.
- The bottom middle of the rear valance panel is bent a little, as you can see in the pictures. It looks like it would be a pretty easy fix and the panel would not require replacing.
- The front seat covers are new and in really nice shape. The rear seat cover has a tear in the upper seat cover on the driver's side and a small tear on the lower seat cover on the passenger side.
- The carpet looks newer andis in good shape.
- The dash pad is in good shape.
- The door panels look to be in decent shape as well.
- The headliner is a little loose.
- The steering wheel is in good shape and not broken or cracked up.
- The engine is a strong running 440 big block with an Edelbrock 4 barrel carburetor. The casting number is 2536430-6 and the date code on the block is '66.
- There is a nice set of fabricated aluminum valve covers bolted onthat bring a little shine into the engine bay.
- Theceramic coated long tube headers run back to a "Pypes" x-pipe and "Pypes" dual stainless steel mufflers with the correct tips out the back.
- The transmission is a 727 automatic.
- It also has a newer aluminum radiator to keep the big block cool.
- The car has manual drum brakes front and rear but the car stops well.
- The power steering feels good and tight.