92 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo - brand new 500hp build
Price: US $18,000.00 Item location: Tampa, Florida, United States
- Make: Nissan
- Model: 300ZX
- SubModel: HATCH
- Type: Hatchback
- Trim: TURBO
- Year: 1992
- Mileage: 114001
- VIN: JN1CZ24H0MX501114
- Color: WHITE
- Engine size: VG30DETT
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: CHARCOAL GRAY
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag
- Options: T-Tops, CD Player, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1992 Nissan 300ZX TURBOIf you are interested in this car at all and need any questions asked you can message me here through Ebay contact or our num-ber is in the header above. Ask for Doug
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO THOROUGHLY READ THE COMPLETE DESCRIPTION BELOW. There is a LOT of details and information.
This is a VERY, VERY clean 1992 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo.
It is white with charcoal grey leather interiorall the standard power options included like p/s, p/w, rear wheel steering (HICAS), pwr seats, cruise control, etc.... and everything works as it should.
As for the body itself.....Very straight body, no accidents, all original. No fiberglass parts. All stock bodywork. Seems to be all original paint and the car was definitely garage kept.
All the rubber moldings are still pretty soft and still rubber-like. They are NOT brand new, but they are in good condition.
The rims are from a 2008 Nissan 350Z NISMO and are 19x9.5R and 18x9F original super light Rays Engineering Forged wheels from the factory NISMO 350Z. These are highly sought after rims and they normally sell for approx $2000-$2500 for the set in great condition. Which these are!The tires have approx 90% tread left on them.
The suspension is all original and seems to be in original working order. The "On-theFly" adjustable struts still work.
The motor was pulled running perfectly. It had some oil leaks, etc... as any 114k mile car would have. We pulled the motor in order to install a pair of upgraded Garrett 2560R ball-bearing turbos and 555 injectors. Once we pulled the motor and had it stripped down for a complete timing belt and RE-seal service (this is where we replace every seal and gasket on the motor along with a new timing belt, new bearings, new water pump, new tensioner, etc...)the owner decided to have the motor freshened at the same time.
We stripped the pistons and rods out and sent the block to United Speed Shop where they decked the block, honed it, added ARP main studs, bored and line honed the mains and set the cold oil clearance on main bearings, then hot-tanked the block to thoroughly clean it.
All the freeze plugs were replaced also.
(you can verify all of this in the pictures)
Then we pressure tested and thoroughly reconditioned the stock VG30DETT 40P cylinder heads. They were cleaned and hot tanked, new valve seals, honed the guides, 5-angle valve grind, and valve seats. They checked and set valve lash. Basically, the heads were brand new!
Then we had new ACL main bearings and rod bearings installed, we set the ring gap at 0.021" and 0.019" respectively. We then used Cometic 0.45" 88mm metal head gaskets with ARP main studs to hold it all together.
We installed everything at the same time this year and here are all the parts and the "Pro's":
Full motor build,
all new gaskets,
new ringsnew ACL bearingsnew ARP head studsnew ARP main studsnew OEM oil pump
new Cometic head gasketsnew timing beltnew cam sealsnew crank sealsnew timing belt tensionernew timing belt bearingsnew oil pan seals
new Garrett GT28R (2560R) ball-bearing turbos
new stainless braided oil supply linesnew air inlet ductsnew Garrett GT turbo install kitsnew 0.035" oil supply reducers
new 2.5" 5-bolt AMS downpipesnew 2.5" stainless midpipesnew HKS 2.5" power exhaust systemnew 2" aluminum charge pipes powder coated electric bluenew OEM Koyo twin turbo radiatornew twin turbo fan shroudnewly powder coated electric blue valve coversnewly powder coated wrinkle black upper plenumnew SPEC stage 3 turbo clutchnew SPEC chromoly flywheelnew clutch master cylindernew slave cylindernew brake master cylinder
new idle control valvenew coolant temp sensornew coolant temp sendernew Bosch O2 sensorsnew HKS 555 injectorsnew phase 1 to phase 2 conversion kitnew fuel injector connector ends (soldered in not crimped)also replaced several sensor connectorsnew coil connectorsnew OEM NGK twin turbo spark plugs PFR6B-11Bnew Prosport manual boost controller (set at 17psi)and freshly tuned Fever Racing ECU... tuned on a dynoject 248C chassis dyno
made 403whp on a very reliable and safe tune. (This was about $19k for this build)
We also added a BRAND NEW AEM digital boost gauge and a BRAND NEW AEM digital wideband gauge to the A-pillar so that you can accurately monitor the boost and the fuel mixture. These 2 gauges installed was an additional $1000 alone.
The negatives.......1) the prior owner attempted to add white face gauges to the original OEM cluster. The speedo was WAY off, the tach didn't work at all, and they looked simply terrible. So, I replaced the entire cluster with a good, used, stock OEM, untouched, working, cluster with 81k miles on it. The one I removed had just over 114k miles on it. You can take the VIN # and verify the mileage on Car Fax.
2) the stock clutch booster has a slight leak in it. The clutch works fine. There has been a little over 1000 miles added to the car since the motor was installed. However, the pedal pressure required to push the pedal down is more than if the clutch boosted was working 100%.
3) we really should have added bigger intercoolers to it when the motor work and turbos were installed. It is making 403whp currently. But if it had a larger set of side-mount intercoolers or a large front mount intercooler installed that # would probably be around 430whp at the same boost.
4) the rear hatch has been repainted. There was a small 2" rust spot around the rear hatch glass that was fixed and painted. The rest of the car looks to be all original paint.
5) the factory Bose radio was replaced with an aftermarket CD player. It works properly, but it is not stock.
6) the stock Nissan 5-spd trans has a slight synchro issue going into 3rd gear under harder than normal acceleration. When driven normally you would not notice it but when shifting hard and fast into 3rd at higher than normal RPM it will give you that characteristic "crench" sound and feel. If you drive it hard and fast but let teh RPM drop just a little before shifting, you won't notice it at all. Shifts like normal.This is not too terribly common for the VG30 5-spd trans. Some people get it in 4th gear and some people get it in 5th gear. But this one is only in 3rd.
***If you buy it for the asking price I will replace the 5-spd trans with another used unit (and hopefully that one won't grind). Or, you can buy a brand new '99 JDM Spec 5-spd from Z1 / Nissan for $1795 and we will install it for you. We would not charge any labor for this service. ****
I think that's everything.I feel completely comfortable driving this car anywhere. It runs perfectly! No problems or issues other than what I have stated above. You can fly in to Tampa, FL. Test drive it, and drive it home. This is a really super nice chassis, interior, and motor. The cars shows out like new and runs like a scalded dog! It sounds amazing but is not tooo loud..... some people would actually like it to be a bit louder.
Call me with any questions.
VIDEO>.....I will make a couple videos of the car this week and upload them to You --- Tube. I will send you the video links after I upload them if you send me a message I will send you the link.
SHIPPING>....I have an account with Central Dispatch and can assist in getting the car shipped to you anywhere in the continental United States but the buyer is 100% responsible for the cost. If the buyer is within the Central Florida area I have a truck and trailer and would deliver within 100 miles of 33614 area code.
thanks for looking at this auction.