1965 Mercury Park Ward Convertible Restomod- NEW "Crate 390" NO RESERVE
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercury
- Model: Monterey
- SubModel: Park Lane
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Monterey
- Year: 1965
- VIN: 5W65Z541322
- Color: Yellow
- Engine size: 390/4V
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Mercury Monterey Park Lane
1965 Mercury Monterey PARK LANE Convertible
A NO RESERVE - 5 DAY SALE ! Bid to Win!
''Z-Code'' Sport MUSCLE CAR / Frame Off Restoration Project 1965 Mercury Park Lane Convertible.
Only 3,008 of the Park Lane were built, ll given the Marauder Super 390 V8; rated at 300 HP & 427 ft. lbs. of torque!
A Low Production SPORT Convertible / Few survivors remain! This Low Mileage Survivor was an extremely straight & solid example. It was a long term storage, ne owner & barn find type of project.
This car was in the final process of completing a full frame-off'' restoration. It was decided to bring this car up to a reliable daily driver & weekend show quality vehicle. No expense has been spared in this full ''frame-off' restoration. Frame off & upgraded drivetrain work including Ford Dealer OEM Crate Motor 390/4V; all expensive work done!
* MECHANICAL WORK & HISTORY: You can see by photos, ll pans are solid, ar overall was extremely original, olid & straight. There was no evidence of wreck or damage, ut frame had typical coating & rust flaking for area due to age & road usage. Builder wanted full mechanical rebuild so that car would run & drive like new. SEE PHOTO UNDERNEATH! Here is a run down of conditions & what has been done to date: FRAME. It was decided to upgrade to an all newly done OEM Park Lane Convertible replacement frame, hich was located & transported from the dry desert areas of Arizona. Frame was fully coated chassis black prior to install. Car body was stripped & prepped & mounted onto the new, ust free frame, sing high end poly mounts & bolts. All work done by professional restoration mechanic. Frame cost, hipping & parts alone cost over $6k. Labor estimates added thousands more in costs. Doors fit exact, hut solid & tight. To complete process, ar was finished off with full underside using the black chassis rustproof paint coatings.
* ENGINE/TRANS: Drivetrain was removed, ay prepped with new mounts, tc, n OEM local purchased NEW CRATE ENGINE, 90/4V...correct Super Ford coop 390/4V engine and a Ford C6 AT Transmission were fitted into the car. You can see by photos it has also been set up with a new ultra cooling aluminum performance radiator, ll new hoses, tc.
* BRAKES: Car was in process of full change over to disc brakes. The rear assemblies have already been converted over to disc and work great. The front brakes are still drum, nd can rebuilt, till used as such or easily converted to disc which will fit into the new racing wheels. Rear discs are vented & drilled; with parking brake set up. (new large bearing Ford assemblies, ith part costs over $600-) Fronts are easy conversion with available mustang disc kits for a five to six hundred dollars, r Cougar or other Ford/Mere disc assemblies used. Car does run but suggest winch for trailer transport as brake system is incomplete.
* FUEL SYSTEM: Gas tank was removed for cleaning. It is easily remounted with car now set up for small fuel supply & temporary transport. Gas line should be blown clean or replaced as was planned. Car presently runs & drives for transport.
* BODY: Overall as you can see, ar is extremely straight & solid. There is minor wheel well & edge work, ome small dents & imperfections easily fixed prior to paint. You will be hard pressed to find another one as overall straight and solid as this example. The car was modified to fit the larger retracing wheels... which now fit the well openings much better and look great on the car!
* WHEELS: American Racing wheels, mpressive 17” x 9'' wide, ave been fitted into the car; BF Goodrich Comp T/A ZR tires.
* CONVERTIBLE TOP: Needs a new Vinyl Convertible top. Top assembly all worked well prior to restoration.
* INTERIOR: You can again see by photos, verall a well kept low mileage car. Original pedals, inimal wear. Excellent floors pans, ill need new 80/20 loop carpet set; under $300. Excellent dash & pads! ! No pitting, hiny chrome, xcellent door panel, tc. Front seat will need a recover if you desire to keep bench. Builder planned on going to OEM bucket seats; which car is set up for. Full sized Ford & Merc bucket seats easily found for this vintage.
* GLASS & TRIMS: Chrome & trims shiny, s per photos. Bumpers solid, hiny rear driver, ront was going to be re-chromed to enhance appearance; all included with the car. You can also see by photos excellent glass in car.
* VIN DECODE: 5W65Z541322 = 1965 Park Lane Convertible with Z-code V8: Marauder Super V8
* DATA PLATE INFO: Body 76F = Mercury Full Sized / Color M = Polar White / Trim 46: Black Vinyl / Date 16B-15: Feb 16, 965 / Dist Code 15: NY / Axle 1: 3:00 / Trans 4: Mercury Multi-Drive (Ford Cruise-O-Matic) / Plant W: Wayne MI / Engine Code Z: Marauder SUPER V8 390/4V
* NOTES & VALUATIONS: This is a great FRAME-OFF Restoration Project in which all the expensive and hard work has already been completed! It was estimated that over the last 3+ years, ver $12,000.00 in parts, ebuild & labor have already gone into this rare ''Muscle Car'' vintage survivor. As these models are getting harder to find, solid starter car alone (not rusty junk) will run at least $10K. These cars are a great investment, eing a low production & rare model survivor. The 1965 Park Lane Convertible books at an ''Average Sale Price'' of approximately $26.000.00.
Builder anticipated final value of the finished full frame off restoration for this rare convertible Park Lane model to be $35,000++ The majority of expensive frame & drive train work has been done, uilder estimated about $8K+/- to complete the car.... depending upon your own labor investments. The photos of this car were taken 3 months ago.
This Park Lane Convertible was a striking factory Polar White. It has had a single repaint of Yellow Mist. It is a rare FACTORY equipped Black Vinyl interior car.... so this classic car can now be painted any color you choose! This is a solid and rare survivor and great deal for someone that can finish out the ''frame-off'' completed restoration.
* TERMS OF SALE: PayPal deposit due immediately upon end of auction. Balance paid to seller in full within 5 days. Seller reserves right not to complete sale, o resell or relist vehicle for buyer failure to complete purchase per terms of sale. This is not yet a #1 show car, t is being sold below market as a solid & rare restoration vehicle in its present as-is condition. Please ask questions before bidding. Please do have your funds in hand, s this is a final sale per terms of listing.
Buyer is responsible for cost of all transport of vehicle from TN zip code 37737.
THANK YOU & Good Luck Bidding!!