1970 MB 280 SL "Pagoda"
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: SL-Class
- SubModel: convertible
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: SL Sport Light
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 54,000
- VIN: 11304412016255
- Color: Titanium
- Engine size: M130 unit in-line six
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL Sport Light
1970 Mercedes Benz 280 SL â€œPagodaâ€
Those of us(you) that have ever built/ rebuilt cars will appreciate the Concours level of fit and finish to this project.
Complete â€œnut and boltâ€ restoration that took over three years to complete. This car is an original North American market model (W113).
Documentation of the disassembly, body fitting, and assembly, disassembly, paintwork, parts, re-chroming, engine pull, dismantle, build and complete re-assembly.
Started with a fully functional â€œdriverâ€ 280SL, she was forest green. Bought her about thirty-five miles from the office, drove her back, project evaluated, set in line and started 5/15.
To be OCD is one thing, for me, well I think I drove the build team crazy. Initially, I wanted just a color change (to titanium), then realized the value of the car was climbing (started at $100k in 2015 and now is well over $200k for museum quality cars)â€¦ So, letâ€™s do a complete rebuild of the entire car to the level we did this http://www.aston-martin.com/2014/02/07/for-sale-custom-built-db4-gt-zagato/
The Aston took almost three times as longâ€¦. She still makes me smile when I show her.
Okay, enough with that!
All subgroups (if you are familiar with MB work list, this is what applies to this model) to new condition.
01)Removal and inspection of engine (original M130 unit) Engine ran well when vehicle brought in for project. Engine compression tests good. Engine was disassembled as
needed to inspect and replace seals and bearings as needed. Engine was photographed and reassembled.
07) Fuel Injector nozzles cleaned and tested, Injection pump cleaned and resealed. New intake hoseand filters. All new fuel lines and filter.
13) All belts replaced with OEM Continental
14) New heat shield for intake manifold
15) Distributor refurbished, new spark plugs, ignition wires, distributor cap and rotor.
18) New oil pump installed, new oil cooler lines.
20) Radiator re-cored, new water pump, new cooling hoses.
22) New motor mounts
27) Complete rebuild of automatic transmission
32) New Bilstein shocks, front and rear
33) Front upper and lower control arm bushings replaced. New spindle pins and adjusters.
35) New axle mounts and bushings
40) Wheel alignment
41) New U-joints, center support, bearing and balance of driveshaft
42) New master cylinder and brake hoses, front and rear brake calipers rebuilt. New emergency
brake shoes, front and rear brake pads and rotors.
46) Steering box resealed, power steering pump resealed. Inner and outer tie rod ends replaced.
Drag link replaced, steering dampener replaced, idle-arm, power steering hoses replaced.
Steering wheel removed and restored.
47) Fuel tank, removed, cleaned, new filter installed in tank, new fuel hoses.
49) Complete new exhaust system including new chrome tips and mounting hardware.
54) New Mercedes Benz battery, rebuilt alternator and starter motor.
62) New OEM firewall insulation
65) New OEM soft top
67) All new window channels and seals, new OEM windshield, side glassed, buffed and excellent.
68) New clock all gauges tested and functional
82) System relays replaced throughout auto where necessary
83) Air Conditioning, upgraded to 134A Freon and new Sanden rotary compressor and receiver
91) New interior, panels, seating, console, knobs, carpet, all chrome interior and exterior -re-
chromed or replaced.
Complete file included with purchase. Receipts and picture library. Shop lead by thirty-fiveyear experienced MB mechanic from Santa Barbara, Ca. Has had Master mechanic status since 1993. Body and paint specialists also with forty plus years.
Call us today, 281.530.6000 Chuck, John or Keith Collectormotors.com