59 Mercedes-Benz 190D Rare Dark Green, Excellent Interior
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 190-Series
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: NA
- Year: 1959
- Mileage: 56,000
- VIN: 121110109510126
- Color: Green
- Engine size: NA
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1959 Mercedes-Benz 190-Series NA1959 Mercedes-Benz 190D Sedan
I own a European restoration shop and bought this car in Virginia 4 years ago to build into a restomod. I had an OM601 with 5 speed manual ready to install, but have been too busy with customer's cars. The last picture above shows a W110 which we grafted a W124 rear subframe/suspension system into which was the eventual plan for this W121.
- This is an excellent candidate for a restoration project.
- If you have an OM621 engine with transmission this car is ready to marry it to.
- Only a couple of rust spots under the driver's floor board and one under battery tray into firewall (reproduction sheet-metal available).
- Amazingly little rust for a W121. Most of these have no floor boards if they spent over a decade sitting outside.
- Car sat in a warehouse since 72 when it was purchased by a gentleman that owned an import parts business.
- Has been parked under cover since I purchased it 4 years ago.
- Rare for Mercedes-Benz dark green color (has been resprayed in the past).
- No major body damage or rust in fenders or doors.
- Some rust in the rear hood corners.
- Excellent condition MB-TEX vinyl interior in gray with green arm rests.
- Wood-grain dash trim with no cracks.
- No cracks in the Bakelite interior trim.
- Original headliner is in excellent condition.
- Glass is in good condition other than a couple of rock chips in the windshield.
- Needs all window and door seals replaced.
- Some engine parts and the two heater boxes are in the trunk.
If interested my company can restore this 190D to original condition by finding a rusted out W121 190D to use as a parts car. New reproduction stainless steel bumpers are available as well as many other parts for reasonable prices ($1,600 for a new set of bumpers).
We can also build it as a restomod using a more modern OM601 or OM604 diesel engine mated to a 5 or 6 speed manual transmission driving power through a W124 5 link independent rear suspension. Take the time to look up the 5 link independent rear suspension Mercedes-Benz has used in one form or another since the W201 was introduced in the 80s if you are interested as to its superiority to the original swing axle installed in the W121 chassis.
*Buyer responsible for shipping.
*I will transport it to your location for 50c a mile within 300 miles of zip code 28607.