1995 Mercedes-Benz S600 V12 LWB V140 W140 No Reserve
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: S-Class
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: LWB
- Year: 1995
- Mileage: 142,444
- VIN: WDBGA57E1SA215506
- Color: Black
- Engine size: V12 M120 6.0
- Number of cylinders: 12
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Two Tone Black and Grey
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class LWBUp for sale is an excellent example of a rust free, well taken care of 1995 Mercedes Benz LWB (Long Wheel Base) S600. Lots of recent maintenance done including:Rear Brakes (pads and orbital slotted rotors)Front Brakes (OE pads/rotors)Partial Engine Harness replacement (due to deterioration from age/heat)Full Synthetic Oil ChangeNew Rear Third Brake Light AssemblyNew Rear Trunk Emblem from Mercedes Benz
Vehicle comes with two sets of wheels and tires. The OE 16" Mercedes wheels with Michelin tires and the current set that is installed, 19" STR wheels and newer tires. Here's some background on the S600 LWB and W140 chassis.
The flagship model of the W140 lineup, theS 600(600 SELuntil 1993) LWB saloon set new standards of performance, the likes of which had never been achieved with such a heavy robust car up to that time. The S600 L served as the basis for the development of theMaybach 57andMaybach 62models sold by Daimler-Benz. In its mildest state of tune, the M120 6.0-litre V12 engine was capable of accelerating to 100km/h in as little as 5.5seconds and with a top speed of 179mph (288km/h) with the limiter removed.Mid to high range acceleration is immense and closely matches the first generation S 63 AMG model in this regard. Even today the S 600 is still popularly used as an alternative performance option to the newer, more expensive AMG models.
Like its predecessor, the car was available in two wheelbase lengths (short W140 and long V140) along with the C140 coupÃ©. In 1991, a new M120 6litre402horsepowerV12 enginejoined the lineup for the first time with the 600 SEL and 600 SEC. A "V12" badge was affixed to the C-pillar.
In 1993, the 402horsepower ( 408hp Europe ) V12 engine was slightly detuned to 389horsepower to comply with tighter emission control regulations in theUnited StatesandEurope. The V8 models were tuned down from 322horsepower to 315horsepower. This de-tuning, among other changes, involved the deletion of the full-throttle enrichment circuit, which reduced output by 7horsepower.
The W140 600 SEL was available with wooden rear ash tray covers, wood/leather shift knob, leather dashboard and a suede headliner, unlike theV8andinline 6-cylindermodels. Following the facelift in 1994, the S 600 was updated with a wood/leather steering wheel, a V12 badge on the wood/leather shifter, double needle stitching all over the interior and two tone nappa leather seating - further distinctions from its lower rung siblings.
In June 1993, as part of the new corporate naming campaign, the model range was renamed. This resulted in all SE and SEL models now being re-designated as "S", being followed by the numbering.
In late 1991, after worldwide launch, work begun on improvements to the W140. By the end of 1992, final design changes were approved and later patented(application) on February 27, 1993, exactly 5 years after the original W140 design patent application in 1988.In March 1994, the updated models were unveiled at the Geneva Auto Salon and went on sale in April 1994 in mainland Europe and in other markets during the second half of the year. The clear turn signal indicator lenses on the front and new taillights were the most obvious change, as was the grille including a new and distinctive one for S 600s.Headlampswere fitted with separate low H7, H1 fog, and high H1 beam reflectors in 1994; pre-1995 models used an H4 bulb and H3 for the fog lamp. In April 1995, "Parktronic" replaced the parking guiders on the rear boot lid.Safety
The W140 S-Class introduced several safety innovations which have since become commonplace among many vehicles.
- Braking system. The V8 and V12 W140 models distributed more braking power to the rear wheels, increasing stopping effectiveness. In 1996, the W140 received Brake Assist System BAS, which engaged during emergency maneuvers to boost braking power to maximum.
Some innovations for the W140 included:
- Double-paned soundproofed glass was a new S-Class innovation first fitted on the W140. This form of window glazing allowed for improved soundproofing, reduced condensation, and other insulation benefits.
- Electrically-operated exterior mirrors could be folded at the flick of a switch to ease driving in narrow spaces.
- 'Parameter steering' was a system which made low-speed driving easier by reducing the effort required to maneuver in speed-sensitive situations such as parking.
- Rear-parking markers, or guide rods. These rods extended from the rear corners of the trunk lid when in reverse, providing the driver with a guideline for rear maneuvers. In 1995, this system was replaced by the sonar-based Parktronic system which measured the distance of the bumpers to nearby obstacles.
- 12-way powered, heated front seats, with 3 setting memory functions and lumbar support.
- Windshield wipers w/heated washer system. Later models also included Rain-sensing windshield wipers.
- Electrically-operated automatic-dimming inside rear-view mirror that tied into the seat and steering wheel memory.
- Heated exterior mirrors. Later models also included auto-dimming driver's side mirror.
- Orthopedic seats were an expensive option from the factory but consisted of several different air cushions in the seat that the user can inflate and deflate to find the perfect driving position.
- Dual-zone climate control. Four-zone climate control on LWB models.
- Reclining and heated rear seats on LWB models. V12 models also have the four-place seating option, which allows fully adjustable rear seats, lumbar support and rear sunshade control. The center seat has been replaced by a burlwood center console, allowing a 2 + 2 seating format.
- The climate control system could be set to operate for 20 minutes after the engine had been turned off.
- Electric Rear Sunshade
- Rear passenger illuminated vanity mirrors.
- Soft-Closing Doors and Trunk.
- Leather interiors and burl inserts (optional; standard for 500SEC/CL 500).
- REAR POWER PRIVACY SUNSHADE
- AUTOMATIC A/C
- POWER MEMORY HEATED FRONT AND REAR SEATS
- POWER REAR SEATS
- SUEDE HEADLINER CLEAN AND NOT SAGGING
- SUNROOF WORKING!
- POWER ADJUSTABLE WOOD - LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
- CD CHANGER LOCATED IN TRUNK
- TOP OF THE W140 CHASSIS WITH LWB (LONG WHEEL BASE OPTION)
- NON SMOKER OWNED WITH A CLEAN INTERIOR. WILL BE DETAILED PRIOR TO SALE/AUCTION CLOSE
- ENGINE RUNS QUIET, SMOOTH, AND POWERFUL
- TRANSMISSION WORKS AS IT SHOULD
- ORIGINAL REMOTE KEY
- REAR TRUNK ASSIST VACUUM AND DOORS ARE WORKING
- NICE BFGOODRICH TIRES INCLUDED WITH ORIGINAL WHEELS
- First introduction ofCAN bus(5 CAN bus nodes).
- The W140 featured a newly developed front axledouble wishbone suspensionand a rear independentmulti-link suspension.
- In 1991 the first generation of theADS (Adaptive Damping System)(Skyhook-type suspension) was introduced. It adjusted the damping level of the shock absorbers to help stabilize the car during high speed driving, aggressive driving, or if the driver loses control of the vehicle.Became standard on V12 models and optional for V8 models.
- In 1996self-levelling suspensionwas integrated with ADS, andhydropneumatic suspensionbecame optional on V8 and standard on V12.
The radio is a bit touchy, volume likes to jump a little bit and the volume button is a little worn. Heated seats work. A/C works, control panel can be a bit touchy and may need replacement down the road. Trunk mounted CD player should have disc holder replaced. This vehicle is being sold through a registered Wisconsin car dealership. a $199 service fee, tax, title, and registration will be additional.