STUNNING ULTRA RARE 1960 MERCEDES BENZ 220SE 4 SPEED STICK SHIFT SUNROOF COUPE!
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 200-Series
- Trim: 220SE
- Year: 1960
- Mileage: 13,905
- VIN: 12803710003610
- Engine size: 2.2 liter inline six cylinder
- Drive type: rear wheel drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1960 Mercedes-Benz 200-Series 220SE
Offered for an appreciating new owner by Topline Auto Inc. of San Mateo, Ca.is this stunning 1960 Mercedes Benz 220SE Coupe!
Finished in sea foam green metallic over saddle leather hides, this ultra rare factory sunroof Mercedes two-door coupe sports a superb running 2.2 liter inline six cylinder engine mated to the factory 4 speed manual transmission, This fully restored specimen shows 13,905 miles on it's currently non-working five digit odometer hence the actual mileage cannot be 100% verified. This lovely 99.99% rust-free coupe underwent a full restoration more than twenty years ago prior to acquisition by the current collector owner for whom we are now consigning this car. As you can see in the photos, it sports a column-mounted manual shift, beautiful wood and leather upholstery, older non-working radio, color-keyed hub caps with Firestone rubber and fitted leather luggage set in the trunk. It just underwent a comprehensive mechanical inspection by our service department and is being sold with clean and clear California title.
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this 1960 Benz is in excellent, almost superb 99.99% clean, dry rust-free condition with a gleaming overall shine to the paint finish with very nice chrome and trim.There are a few very minor cosmetic imperfections that include a few areas of under-surface paint bubbling along with very minor scratches other light blemishes.
The interior of this 1960 Benz is in quite spectacular condition overall! The redone leather is sumptuous and gorgeous as is the gloss wood dash and trim. The odometer, radio and clock are inoperative but all other controls are in excellent working order with just a few light wear spots.
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This 1960 Benz starts easily with nice idle and a strong running engine, excellent shifting transmission, solid and straight braking, smooth responsive steering, quiet exhaust and that vault-like German highway ride. Driving this classic Benz is truly a joyous motoring "event" that gleans tremendous attention everywhere you go!
THE DETAILS AND $$$$$
1. This 1960 Benzis being sold with clear & clean California title. It is smog-exempt here in California due to the age [pre-1976]. In-state buyers will be required to pay local sales tax and dealer document fees. It will be sold "AS IS" "WHERE IS" with no written or verbal warranties expressed or implied. Iinvite and very much welcome prospective new owners to come see, feel, drive and inspect this car in person or schedule independent third-party inspections [at buyer's expense].
NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully
2.Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5.I require a$500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.
AND.....,,,,.PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO PHONE ME, EVAN AT 650-350-8828 TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL PHOTOS, TEST DRIVE VIDEO OR TO SCHEDULE IN-PERSON VIEWINGS AND/OR MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.