1985 Mercedes 190E - SOLID RUNNER!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 190-Series
- Type: Sedan
- Year: 1985
- VIN: WDBDA24C1FF109585
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 2.3L
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Mercedes-Benz 190-Series
Up for bids is my 1985 Mercedes 190e. Bottom Line Up Front - I had wanted to do a lot more with this car, but ran out of time as I was recently informed I have to move. I got most of the mechanical issues worked out. However, the paint is absolutely hideous as you can see from the pictures. What you can't see is it is a straight car with no accidents or Bondo, making a paint job easy. I could do a $600.00 Maaco paint job, but figured you would want to do it right instead. Below is the Good, Bad and Ugly of your next car...
+ Solid Runner. The previous owner replaced all the fuel lines with aviation grade steel band lines. It is beautiful and you won't get a leak
+ Suspension - The previous owner also beefed up the suspension with aluminum blocks for the struts. They are quickly adjustable and the car handles like a dream!
+ Air Conditioning - I converted it to R-134a and it blows nice and cold
+ Shifter - I replaced the shifter bushings and the Merc shifts like it should.
NOTE: This is a 5 Speed MANUAL - a rarity for Mercedes
+ Sunroof - Motor is new
+ Radio - New JVC AM/FM/CD with aux input
- I'm not sure if this is a 190 thing, but the car is slow. You are not going to win any races with it
- The in dash clock does not work, but there is a clock on the radio
- The center dash vents are loose. They don't stay where you direct them
- The power locks work, but about 50% of the time, the key won't lock in the driver's side door. The trunk and passenger's side locks do work
- Cruise doesn't work
- ABS is disconnected. However, the brakes were upgraded and I have had no issues with braking
- According to the CarFax, the miles are a lot higher than what is on the odometer. Unfortunately, Florida doesn't track miles on older cars. The previous owner told me the car sat for a while and the CarFax verifies that.
- I can't stress how bad the paint is. It is oxidation from years in the Florida sun
- The dash pad is cracked, however, there is a nice cover over it
- There is a small hole in the passenger seat and a slight perforation on the driver seat
Overall, this is a great point a to b car as it is or an awesome project. Most 190 parts are available through eBay. There is a lot of life left in the old girl and between me and the former owner, we have fixed all the hard stuff.
If you want to see the car, I'll be available from Saturday through Friday Morning (25 June - 1 July). The Mercedes is located near Destin, Florida, so make a vacation out of it! Please call or text me at (310) 702-3974 to schedule a time. If you have any questions, either call or text or ask a question in the questions section.