1984 Mercedes 500SL AMG NO RESERVE!! HIGHEST BID WINS!!!
Price: US $8,600.00 Item location: Saddle River, New Jersey, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: SL-Class
- SubModel: 500 Series
- Type: Hardtop Convertible
- Trim: AMG
- Year: 1980
- Mileage: 93,300
- VIN: wdb1070461a003115
- Color: Black
- Engine size: M117 V8 5.0
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1980 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class 500 SeriesNO RESERVE!!! LAST BID WINS IT!!!!
1984 Mercedes 500SL AMG
Super Rare Black on Black w/ Black soft top (new)
Euro VIN# WDB1070461A003115
93k original miles
Just purchased two other R107 cars for my collection need to make room.
About the car:
This is a rare full Euro Spec car originally imported to Canada and later brought to the U.S. This roadster has desirable options like euro spec Bosch 1 piece vacuum adjustable glass headlamps, uro spec short front and rear bumpers, ri-Y Ruf headers, luminum trunk lid and factory optioned 2.72 LSD.
The euro 500SL's M117 V8 produces 240hp making it the highest output motor Mercedes put into any R107 body. This is the same high output motor Mercedes took rally racing in the late 70s and early 80s found in the homologation racer 450SLC 5.0/500SLC.
In addition to these options, his 500SL was also fitted with a rare full AMG appearance package, ubber decklid spoiler and a sportier Italvolanti/AMG steering wheel.
This 84 500SL AMG is a solid driver quality car. It has been well taken care of mechanically over the years and presents well for its age. The car was repainted about 15 years ago and still looks good and cleans up nicely. You can drive and enjoy it while taking care of the list of things to do when time allows. It can be enjoyed immediately upon delivery. I drive the car regularly when the weather is appropriate.
Maintenance for the past 6 months I've installed:
- Rebuilt warm up regulator
- Idle control valve
- Rebuilt fuel distributor
- Fuel tank/system cleaned
- New fuel tank screen
- Fuel filter
- Fuel lines
- Chain guides (tensioner ok)
- Front thruster arms
- Oil, rans/Steering fluids
- Wheels refinished
- BFG G-Force Tires ( Less than 500 miles)
If I were keeping the car I would:
- Re-seal steering box/transmission (drips on the garage floor when left for longer than a week)
-Steering has a bit of play, elieve worn tie rods are to blame
- Address small exhaust leak near manifold
- Odometer gears stopped working 2/26/16 (I went to clear trip meter after pulling away from the pump and the push-button that clears it is now stuck which has also stopped the odometer)
- Tachometer back light
- Drivers side hard top window seal
- Hard top rear glass (crack)
- Sun visors
- Passenger door won't open from outside (door panel needs to be opened so lever/pulley system can be realigned
- Original Becker radio has stopped working (refurb w/ aux input $275 @ Becker)
- A/C blows hard, ot air is no problem, old air only gets "cool." I think its the original system.
Other things to note:
- Small area above headlight with a few bubbles under the paint and a the same just left of center above the drivers door trim.
- Some door dings, o missing paint
- Few scratches on drivers window
- Dash does have some sun cracks
- Comes with original books
- Original floor mats
- No spare tire
- Comes with dash cover
I've done my best to be honest and represent the actual condition of this car. With that in mind, t is being sold as is, here is, ith no warranties expressed or implied. I will assist with shipping if necessary at buyers expense.
I am a Mercedes collector and avid enthusiast. I am a long time MBCA member. I am an active participant on many Mercedes forums. For hobby I also maintain a blog site called benzhunter.com which is a kind of spin off of the idea behind Bring a Trailer but just for Mercedes Benz . I currently own and enjoy the following cars:
1979 450SLC 5.0
1982 500SL AMG (AMG modified motor/drivertrain)
1984 500SL AMG
1986 190E 2.3-16V 5 Speed
1991 500SL AMG 6.0 (Japan Import)
1995 E230 Sportline Turbo Cabriolet 5 Speed
2008 E3504M Brabus B7
Any other questions, lease feel free to msg me. I'll get right back to you.