LAND ROVER SERIES 3 88inch SWB 2.25 petrol 1984
- Condition: Used
- Make: Land Rover
- Model: Series 3 SWB
- SubModel: SWB truck cab
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: truck cab
- Year: 1984
- Mileage: 31,520
- VIN: WVGCV7AX9CW503638
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 2.25 5 bearing petrol (gas)
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4x4 hi-lo range
- Interior color: Black
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1984 Land Rover Series 3 SWB truck cabFurther update 19 Oct 2016:
VIN is SALLBAAH1AA222067, which is not accepted by EBAY (current entered VIN is from another vehicle)
Exact Mileage on the Odometer is 31520 KM, which could be 131520 KM, but regardless pretty much all moving parts have been overhauled or new parts fitted.
I am selling my fully restored 1984 88inch SWB Series III Land Rover.
Most of the restoration of this car was carried out in the UK and I brought it with me when I moved from the UK to Texas in June 2015. I finished up a few outstanding jobs and now it is the perfect classic car to own and use around town.
The Series III landrover is the last leaf spring landrover (the coil spring version starting in 1985 is called the Defender). The Series Landrover has its origin in rural England but was for a long time the vehicle for various armies around the world and used in scientific expeditions. It has bags of pedigree and character and is a recognised icon the world around. With the end of the Defender production in March this year, these vehicle will only go up in value.
This SWB (short wheel base) 88inch was originally an army vehicle. The UK Military (MOD) identification plate is still fitted and I have the official release papers (1998). The engine has been rebuilt by the military once with the rebuilt plate fitted to the engine. The original colour was a darker green. The Odometer is oddly enough in kilometres, indicating this vehicle most likely served in Germany. I have the original UK registration document which was under my name. The car is right hand drive.
I imported this vehicle into the US myself as part of my household goods and it fully US (texas) registered. I have been driving around in it for a year and a half now and it has passed two annual technical tests without any corrections required and I have the full Texas title under my name with no liens.
The vehicle has the original chassis (frame) in very good condition with no rust or repairs. The VIN is stamped at the correct location with the correct characters. This is required for the age originality allowing for the emission etc exemptions. All other main parts are original (axles, engine, gearbox, body) Frame has been waxoiled.
In addition to the truck cab there is the (new) canvas rear cover (shown) and a brand new bikini top with seatbelt support bar which I have never fitted but is complete and easy to install. The car is also fitted with a Roamerdrive overdrive, which works in all gears.
For the restoration only the best UK makers have been used primarily: Exmoor Trim, Turner Engineering, Land Rover org parts, LaSalle, GB springs, The following work has been carried out (over a period of 2 years):
· Conversion to truck cap (pickup), full restoration of truck cab and installation of seatbelt anchors
· LaSalle glassfibre headlining with optional radio fittings (see pics)
· New Exmoor Trim truck load bed 3/4 Canvas top, sand with new galvanised frame
· New Exmoor Trim bikini top with new galvanised trim (boxed not yet fitted)
· Seatbelt frame form bikini top (not fitted)
· New Exmoor Trim Moorland Hi Back seats with standard middle seat
· New Exmoor Trim seatbelts (originals retained for middle seat)
· New Exmoor Trim spare tire cover
· Land Rover Defender factory take off wheel set (5) with Michelin Latitude 7.50x16. Approx 4000mls covered, date stamp 2014 – like new
· Engine overhaul:
o Turner Engineering cylinder head with hardened valve seats (unleaded petrol)
o Turner Engineering new cam followers sets
o Turner Engineering new piston and conrod set
o Turner Engineering new bearing shells (lead plated – military spec)
o Turner Engineering crankshaft seals
o Overhauled oil pump
o Overhauled Zenith IV carburettor
o H&H Electronic Distributor
o Carter Electric gear fuel pump upgrade with Holly bypass pressure regulator
· Gearbox and Transfer box overhaul:
o Turner Engineering clutch set
o All bearings replaced with Timken
o Change out of 1st and 2nd gears wheels and bauk rings
o Replacement all seals OEM
o New front and rear prop shafts
o Roamerdrive overdrive
· New 3 row all metal radiator with new hoses and termostat. Never overheats in Texas!
· New Battery Diesel size, maximum rated. Main fuse box installation
· New Alternator and belts
· New exhaust rear section (org LR parts)
· Rear axle overhaul incl new Timken bearings, seals and new brakes and brake hose
· Front axle overhaul with new Timken bearings, seals, swivel ball seal and brake parts
· New GB Springs Parabolic leave springs. New dampers
· Change out of all fluids and filters
· Replacement light fittings front and rear including headlights and rewire
· Complete overhaul of the dash while retaining some patina
· Complete overhaul of cab heater
· New underseat storage trays
· Noise and heat insulation
· New mudflaps