1987 LAND ROVER DEFENDER 90 Turbo Diesel Convertible. Rare factory soft top.
- Make: Land Rover
- Model: Defender
- Type: SUV 3 seater
- Trim: DEFENDER Convertible
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 43,754
- VIN: 00000000000000000
- Color: white
- Engine size: 2.5L Turbo Diesel
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4X4
- Interior color: Black
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Land Rover DefenderVERY RARE
LAND ROVER DEFENDER Turbo Diesel Convertible.
Factory Soft Top.
Factory and original floor mats.
Optional Rolling Cage included.
Optional Custom Made Hard Top included.
43754 ORIGINAL Miles (70415 Kms) and driving it.
GARAGED - NO RUST
This is my personal vehicle, from my collection and have used it in Europe.
I imported the car and went through the tedious and complicated work of making the car US legal, so you won't have to do it and got it registered in the USA, meaning I have a clean and clear Title on hand under my name and made it legal in all 50 States .
I have already imported some of my cars from my personal collection and they were sold within few days.
ALL my cars have very low original miles, mostly with documentations, mostly with their original books and kept in meticulous condition.
Since my last sale here on Ebay, I have had lots of inquiries for the upcoming cars.
Collectors, enthusiastic persons are waiting to put their hands on my very rare cars.
Their value are increasing and as of today, there is NOT an other car like this one in the US.
It's a very rare car in Europe and unique in the US.
It features factory Soft Top
None like this one around. No chances to see an other one. Your chance to own it.
Disclaimer: Ebay does not recognize the 17 digit VIN for this European car. As shown on the Title and stamped on the chassis, the number is SALLDVAB8AA272132
Production of the model now known as the Defender began in 1983 as the Land Rover 110, a name which reflected the 110-inch (2,800mm) length of the wheelbase. The Land Rover 90, with 93-inch (2,362mm) wheelbase, and Land Rover 127, with 127-inch (3,226mm) wheelbase, soon followed.
Outwardly, there is little to distinguish the post-1983 vehicles from the Series III Land Rover. A full-length bonnet, revised grille, plus the fitting of wheel arch extensions to cover wider-track axles are the most noticeable changes. Initially the Land Rover was also available with a part-time 4WD system familiar to all derivatives produced since 1949. The part-time system failed to sell and was quickly dropped from the options list by 1984. While the engine and other body panels carried over from the Serie III, mechanically the 90 and 110 were modernized, including:
- Coil springs, offering a more comfortable ride and improved axle articulation
- A permanent four-wheel-drive system derived from the Range Rover featuring a two-speed transfer gearbox with a lockable center differential
- A modernized interior
- A taller one-piece windscreen
- All aluminum body
Gear box is a 5 speed.
Power steering is tight. Power brakes and front disc brakes work great.
The car drove 43754 Miles since new (70415 Kms) and counting and kept in a garage at home when not in use.
The interior is also original with no stains, no tears, no smell.
Dashboard is impeccable, complete as of day one.
Seats are perfect, adjustable. It is a 3 seaters.
Motor is original and pulls strong, has lots of torque and fires up easily. Injectors were checked, fuel pump checked, glow plug checked, oil change few days ago.
Some technical specification:
- Land-Rover 90 Hard Top 2.5 Turbo Diesel, manufactured or sold in 1987, version for Europe
- 3-door wagon body type
- 4x4 full-time (all-wheel drive permanent, manually locked centre differential), LT230T transfer case 3.32/1.41, manual 5-speed gearbox
- diesel fuel engine with displacement: 2495 cm3 / 152.3 cui, advertised power: 63.5 kW / 85 hp / 86 PS ( DIN ), torque: 204 Nm / 150 lb-ft
- characteristic dimensions: outside length: 3858 mm / 151.9 in, wheelbase: 2360 mm / 92.9 in
- reference weights: estimated curb weight: 1628 kg / 3590 lbs, gross weight GVWR: 2400 kg / 5291 lbs
- how fast is this car ? top speed: 120 km/h (75 mph) (declared by factory);
- accelerations: 0- 60 mph 19.8 s; 0- 100 km/h 22 s; 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 21 s
- fuel consumption and mileage average estimated: 12.5 l/100km / 22.7 mpg
This Land Rover is legally imported in the USA, comes with a Florida State Title under my name and is exempted from smog check as it is a vehicle over 25 years old and some states, will register it as a collectible vehicle.
I went through the tedious and the very complicated work of making the car US legal, so you won't have to do it and got it is registered in the USA, meaning I have a clean and clear Title on hand and under my name.
It has a speedometer in kilometers, inspected, approved by Florida Highway Patrol, Florida DMV and legal.
This car has been through several inspection at Custom Border Patrol (CBP), Agricultural Inspection, EPA, DOT, Highway Safety Inspection, DMV Inspection and passed all of them with flying colors.
Thank You and happy bidding
Contact Owner: 310.735.5355