1973 Jaguar XKE V-12 Roadster Convertible
- Make: Jaguar
- Model: XK
- Trim: 2-door, 2-seater convertible
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 68,325
- VIN: UD1S22533BW
- Color: Regency Red
- Engine size: V-12 5.3 Litre
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power steering
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Leather Seats, Period style radio with power antenna
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Jaguar XK
1973 V12 5.3Litre E-type Jaguar Roadster
Series III, Regency Red Convertible VIN# UD1S22533 (BW)
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
It would take very little to elevate this car’s condition to true #1 Concours level.
Air conditioning, power steering, power brakes, automatic transmission, radio, power antenna, windscreen washer, lights; everything on this car works as it should. California car until 2005. Now, Vancouver B.C.
No rust, grot or grime. No perceptible dents, dings, pits, scrapes or scratches.
Featured in “Sports Car Color History, Jaguar E-Type” magazine by Matthew L. Stone 1995 (copy supplied)
Hagarty (on-line) Valuation Tool rating: #2 Excellent: valued $136,000USD
Asking Price $100,000USD
Comprehensive close-up photos of exterior, interior and underside are available by email from owner-seller.
Per John J. Carlson Custom Appraisals
Belcarra (Vancouver), British Columbia
Chief Advisory Judge to the National Association of Automobile Clubs of Canada (26 years)
Chief Class Judge, Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance (20 years)
Steering Committee Member, Harold LeMay Museum “America”, Tacoma Washington
“The V12 Jaguar is truly stunning. The overall presentation is that of a quality restored show car. The car runs cool and is a joy to drive. The vehicle’s brilliant red paint scheme coupled with the black leather upholstery is a wonderful choice of a factory color for this automobile.
· The paint and body work are combinations of number one and two conditions (show car condition)
· The engine compartment is well detailed and shows no signs of deterioration in any area
· The bright work is also outstanding
· The upholstery is also outstanding and displays itself in leather
· The chassis has been detailed and appears to have been completely restored to original factory specifications
· The wire wheels are in excellent condition. They are true factory style knockoff (hub) wheels.
· The car comes complete with a set of Jaguar tools.
The vehicle has been completely restored in every area and is a solid overall number two condition vehicle. Coupled with 12 cylinders and being a roadster, and painted red, is a good as it gets for this year and series of vehicle.”
Appraiser’s ratings: 1 = Excellent, 2 = Very Good, 3 = Good, 4 = Fair
1 – Body – the fit is very good
1 – Convertible top
1 – Tires 205/70/R15 Michelin – matched and appear as new
2+ - Paint – Professional, well detailed
2+ - Engine Compartment – well detailed
2+ - Glass – original logoed glass
2+ - Chassis – well detailed
2 - Bright work
2 - Upholstery – outstanding
2 - Carpet
2 - Wheels – factory knock-off wheels
“OVERALL CONDITION: A VERY STRONG NUMBER TWO CONDITION SHOW CAR. THIS CAR WOULD BE IN CONTENTION AS A CLASS WINNER IN MOST SHOWS IT WAS DISPLAYED IN.”
This car has been driven only 1,570 miles since this independent appraisal. Mileage now only 68,325. It’s in even better condition than when the appraisal was done.