1985 GMC K1500 4X4 manual pickup. high desert truck, almost no rust-through
Price: US $3,588.00 Item location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: GMC
- Trim: High sierra
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 48,999
- VIN: 1GTEK14H9FF713250
- Engine size: V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Manual 4 speed
- Drive type: 4WD
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 GMCsolid truck with a solid history.
was bought new in '85 for use by a local mountain water company. 2nd owner bought in 1990 and used for light lake duty. ( kept at lake).
spent entire life in new mexico, almost no salt ever used on our roads and vehicles rarely rust due to dry climate.
we believe this is an excellent truck for a 100% restore or mod- truck due to it's highly original and near-straight body parts. very good body for 31 years old. or, you can leave the body alone and enjoy a good work or play truck as is.
-very solid body and frame. body mounts and all undercarriage have no rust through or deep rust very minor surface rust only.
- engine was rebuilt ( unknown mileage on rebuild , using knighton's automotive machine service, one of the top tier engine companies in new mexico.
- transfer case and driveshafts rebuilt at some point. no funny noises or obvious issues.
- clutch and transmission solid, operate correctly with no odd noises or issues. large truck 4 speed, granny gear 1st gear.
-engine has a slight lifter or rocker tick, minor adjustment usually fixes this. engine makes good power and operates smoothly. edelbrock performer carb, edelbrock alum manifol, custom dual exhaust, no cats.
- electronics including stereo operate, pass side window motor is slow, however.
- large front winc, custom stealth 'inside bumper' mount. harness/ solenoid assembly to power winch is present but not installed. no control unit for winch so it could not be tested. see photos.
- front and rear axles operating correctly, no noises or noticeable vibration at speed. 3.73 factory ratios
- interior average condition for '85 model truck. rubber floor mats have holes and missing pieces. floor pans have minor rust in small areas but no rust through. driver seat has worn area, but overall seat in workabl, rebuildable condition.
- towing equipment, including heavy duty hitch mount and trailer brake wiring.
- the only areas of actual rust-through are 2 small areas, clearly shown in photos in right and left lower cab on low rocker. all other rust is surface rust and considered minor. bed interior has dents, both in front / side walls and in floor, see photos.
-we welcome an independent inspection by a 3rd party of your choice ( at buyer's expense) and will make truck available for thorough inspection.
- was equipped with A/C from factory, compressor has been removed but the rest of system is intact, see photos.
- all glass in good condition, windshield is not pitted or chipped. driver's side vent window was replaced with plexiglas type and caulked in place, not operational.
- dual fuel tanks from factory.
odometer shows 48xxx, unknown how many times turned over, however we are estimating based on brake pedal wear that is is a 150k mile truck.
- bed toolbox seen in some photos is not included in sale.
for a complete walk around video and to hear how the engine sounds, go to youtube , search " youtube.com/watch?v=oQ5UlmcYoAU"
message us! we can photograph any area you would like to see a better detail shot of, we are proud of the condition in and out., would be happy to talk to you about the truck.
$500 deposit due to hold purchase till balance is paid. full payment due within 72 hours of purchase. transportation is the responsibility of the buyer.
storage charges of $10 per day will be charged past 40 days from purchase.