NEW PAINT 1986 FORD MUSTANG GT 5.0 T-TOPS 5 SPEED 72K ORIGINAL MILES +NEW PARTS
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: 5.0 LITER GT T-TOP 5 SPEED
- Type: Hatchback WITH T-TOPS
- Trim: GT Hatchback 2-Door T-TOP
- Year: 1986
- Mileage: 72,499
- VIN: 1FABP28M5GF159746
- Color: FORD ORIGINAL Oxford White
- Engine size: 5.0L 302Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: REAR DEFROSTER ELECTRIC LOCKS ANTI-THEFT CAR ALARM, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline 87 Octance (Rec 93 Octane)
- Transmission: 5 SPEED T-5 MANUAL
- Drive type: RWD 5 SPEED
- Interior color: Original Gray & Black
- Options: T-TOPS, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1986 Ford Mustang 5.0 LITER GT T-TOP 5 SPEED
RELISTED DUE TO DXXXBXXT BIDDERS WHO WON THE CAR AT $9500 IN NOVEMBER & THEN $11,000 THIS MONTH WHO FAILED TO PAY...COWARDS WHO HAVE NO INTEGRITY. This is a nice car that I just had painted, t is not perfect, ut it is in OUTSTANDING running condition (mechanically), osmetically / appearance wise it is stunning / very sharp, nd the original interior is in very good condition.This car is priced appropriately for it's condition.There are many listingson EBaywith few pictures, ery little detail or description of the car,that actually are sold...Buyers paying more for less, ndwithout as muchinformation or knowledge about the purchase?Please read ALL of the ad, t is long, ut very detailed and informative. -
Thank you for your interest. - SEMPER FI
VEHICLE SPECIFICS / BREAKDOWN
* NEW "OXFORD WHITE" PAINT JUST COMPLETED 10-19-15 BY FORD *
- NEW FORD INSTALLED COMPLETE WEATHERSTRIPPIN, NCLUDING T-TOPS 10-19-15
- NEW FORD OEM HOOD DECAL & DOOR SIDE MOLDING FORD SHOP INSTALLED 10-19-15
- ALL BLACK EXTERIOR TRIM REPAINTED FACTORY BLACK BY FORD BODY SHOP 10-19-15
- RARE OEMMARCHAL FOG LIGHTS COVERS & BRAND NEW CLEAR HEADLIGHT COVERS
- NEW COOPER 245/50/16 HIGH PERFORMANCE TIRES @ 70,000 MILES (2k miles on them)
- NEW KONI SHOCKS (10k miles on them)
- NEW CLUTCH & FIOREFIREWALL CLUTCH ADJUSTER @ 53,000 MILES
- NEW REBUILT T-5 TRANSMISSION & FLUID @ 53,000 MILES
- DRIVESHAFT SAFETY LOOP INSTALLED
- NEW 3.55 RING & PINION, EBUILT TRACTION LOC REAREND @ 53,000 MILES
- FULL RECENT BRAKE JOB OFFRONT DISC & REARDRUM BRAKES @ APPROX 50K MILES
- ROUTINE ENGINE MAINTENANCE -NEW SPEAK PLUGS, IRES, AP & ROTOR, ERPENTINE BELT, ADIATOR & FAN CLUTCH @ 53,000 MILES
- BRAND NEW BATTERY INSTALLED NOVEMBER 2015
**** OTHER RECENT UPGRADES / MODIFICATIONS ****
- WELDED FULL LENGTH SUBFRAME CONNECTORS
- AGAIN, ONI SHOCKS MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE
- K&NHIGH FLOW AIR FILTER (FACTORYINNER FENDER AIR SILENCER REMOVED)
- 16X7 FORD OEM PONY WHEELS ( Car does NOT come with 10-Hole 15in x 7in wheels, hey were sold when new tires and wheels were purchased
Drive this car anywhere, t is ready TO CRUISE ANYWAY, NYTIME, ery dependable, nd with it's fresh NEW Oxford Whitepaint and factory stripes / decals, t HAS REALLY GREAT LINES AND LOOKS REALLY SHARP IN THE WHITE, LACK MOLDING, ND GRAY INTERIOR! I mean come on! HOW OFTEN DO YOU SEE A WHITE & BLACK 1986FORD MUSTANG GT5.0 5 SPEED WITH T-TOPS THAT HAS GOOD PAINT, EW RUBBER ALL AROUND, OOD INTERIOR,IN PERFECT RUNNING CONDITION WITH MANY NEW PARTS, ND ONLY 72K ORIGINAL MILES?.NOT 172K, OT 272K...BUT ONLY 72K ORIGINALMILES!Most of these are cars have been ragged out, un hard and put up wet...or rebuilt over and over..they might look good after $15k-$20k thrown at them in rebuilds (on top of the original cost of the car), ut how many look this good, till so close to 100%original condition? This car deserved the new paint job.. I almost didn't do it, s the original paint looked very good for a 29 year old car, almost 30yrs old now)but it is just too nice of a car that deserves to be preserved as the badass classic example of an original 5.0 "4 Eyed Freak" Oxford White w/T-TOPS 5 speed.
This car has NOT BEEN ABUSED, S HAS BEEN LOVED, ND KEPT VERY ORIGINAL, OR SOME LIKELY TOO ORIGINAL, HILE FOR OTHERS THIS IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF REALLY JUST HOW COOL AND GOOD THESE CARS WERE RIGHT FROM THE FORD ASSEMBLY LINE! WHENMOREOF OUR BELOVED MUSTANGS WERE BUILT WITH ALARGER PERCENTAGE OF PARTS THAT WERE STILLMADE IN THE USA! (UNLIKE TODAY SADLY)
The car's ride is so comfortable with the 16X7 Ford Original Pony Wheels with Performance NEW COOPER TIRES that measure 245/50/16, amp; NEW KONI SHOCKS no doubt help as well..... Sorry, know that many folks like the new 40 or 35 smaller side walls / aspect ratio of todays 17, 8, 9 or larger wheels and tires, UT THESE SMALL SIDEWALLS JUST DO NOT RIDE ASNICE AS50 OR 60 SIDE WALL TIRES DO(not to mention you don't have to worry about bending a rim so easily). **** I cannot overstate how well this 1986 Mustang GT rides for a 29 year vehicle. I honestly did not expect the car to drive this well a simple tire & wheel change (ditched the smaller 15 x 7 10 hole wheels), ut this car mechanically is also in outstanding original condition as a result of excellent routine maintenance. The Koni Shocks,Struts, ndKoni Quad Shocks no doubt contribute to the excellent ride characteristics of the car now. The car steers very well, racks straight, nd with nice tight quick response. Recent complete full brake job (front & back) makes this Fox stop very well, nce again much better than almost anyonewould ever expect of a 1986 Mustang GT, ut with new components it does very well. The engine fires up immediately and idles smoothly without any issues. It has a docile exhaust rumble that is only a slightly more aggressive with the Flowmastersthan a stock 5.0 Liter Mustang with an OEM factory exhaust. The cats and smog pump are still in place, nd this car should have no problem passing the sniff test for emissions if needed, ikely exempt though.
Look there are many cars out there, ut few will be this truly original AND IN SUCH GREAT CONDITION FOR AN ALMOST 30 YEAR OLD CLASSIC FOX.. This STOCK 5.0 LITER H.O. EFI IS LEGENDARY FOR MANY REASONS, O MUCH SO THATFORD ISSTILL CAPTITALIZING ON THE 5.0 ENGINENAMETODAY! This is the 1st year of electronic fuel injection of the 5.0 Liter H.O. Engine. This is1986 is the car / model yearthat started the LEGEND of the EFI 5.0 H.O. Engine in the Mustang thatis credited with saving the model. **** AND THIS IS A TRUE TO FORM ORIGINAL EXAMPLE THAT REMAINS ALIVE AND WELLTODAY.... THE 1986 FORD MUSTANG GT 5.0 LITER WHITE AND BLACK WITH T-TOPS, SPEED, EARS (3.55), ONI SHOCKS, UBFRAMES CONNECTORS, REAT WHEELS AND TIRES, RESH AS CAN BE NEW PAINT (6 WEEKS OLD), EW DECALS, ICE ORIGINAL GRAY INTERIOR... IT IS PERFECT FOR THE BUYER WHO APPRECIATES WHAT THIS CAR IS AND REALLY REPRESENTS.
CRUISE THE BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY / OR MOUNTAINS / OR DRIVE THE COAST, R ACROSS THE COUNTRY IN THIS CAR, ND ENJOY!!!.... OR GET WILD WITH IT AND BUILD IT TO YOUR DESIRE
**************I ENCOURAGE YOU TO READ THE REALLY COOL ARTICLE BELOW THAT ACTUALLY COMPARES THE OLD 5.0 VS THE NEW 5.0
This article compares a original 1986 FORD MUSTANGGT 5.0 (IN OXFORD WHITE NO LESS) TO A 2011 MUSTANG 5.0 (MODULAR ENGINE)
FOR THE RECORD, TOCK SPECS
1986 FORD MUSTANGGT 5.0 (IN PURE STOCK FORM)DIMENSIONS
- Length: 179.6-in
- Width: 69.1-in
- Wheelbase: 100.5-in
- Track (front): 56.6-in
- Track (rear): 57.0-in
- Weight 3,265 lbs
- Type: V-8
- Construction: Cast-iron block and heads
- Valvetrain: OHV, ingle camshaft, wo valves per cylinder
- Fuel system: Sequential Electronic fuel injection
- Bore & Stroke: 4.00 x 3.00-in
- Displacement: 302 ci (4942 cc)
- Compression ratio: 9.2:1
- Ignition system: Thick Film Ignition
- Factory rated Max Power (crank): 210 hp @ 4,200 rpm
- Factory rated Max Torque (crank): 285 lb-ft @ 3,000 rpm
- MM tested rear wheel Power: 178 hp @ 4,000 rpm
- MM tested rear wheel Torque: 267 lb-ft @ 3,000 rpm
- Borg-Warner “World Class” T-5 Five-speed manual
- Gear Ratios
- 1st 3.35:1
- 2nd 1.99:1
- 3rd 1.33:1
- 4th 1.00:1
- 5th 0.67:1
- Rear Axle Ratio
- Steel three-door hatchback unibody
- Front: Independent with modified MacPherson struts, oil springs and anti-roll bar
- Rear: Live axle with coil springs, ube shocks and four-link control arms
- 15 x 7 cast aluminum
- 225/60VR15 Goodyear Eagle GT
- 0-60 mph (6.5 sec)
- SS ¼-mile (14.83 sec)
- 16.9 mpg (City)
- 21.3 mpg (Highway)
- THIS NOW CLASSIC CAR COST $11,734 in 1986 ( WHICH IS OVER $20,000 DOLLARS IN TODAYS MONEY ADJUSTED FOR INFLATION!) THESE CARS ARE FINALLY STARTED TO APPRECIATE IN VALUE DESPITE HIGH PRODUCTION NUMBERS...FINDING A CLEAN ONE, ILL ENSURE AN EVEN MOREVALUED RIDE IN THE YEARS TO COME.
- SORRY NEW 5.0, UT FOR THE MONEY (OVER $38,000 MIN FOR A NEW 5.0, HE OLD FOX 5.0 IS MORE EASILY MODIFIED FOR LESS MONEY AND COST TENS OF THOUSANDS LES, LUS THE ENJOYMENT OF DOING IT YOURSELF...PRICELESS IN MY BOOK.)
SO FOR THIS MARINE, HE 5.0 FOX WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST BUY FOR THE MONEY, ND IF YOU WANT PERFORMANCE TO MATCH OR EVEN SURPASS THE NEW 5.0s of TODAY, OU CAN HAVE IT FOR LESS MONEY AND WITH THE TRUE SATISFACTION OF PICKING AMERICAN MODS, ADE IN THE USA PERFORMANCE PARTS TO DO IT YOURSELF....OOORAH TO THAT SIR.
- $1500.00 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT WITHIN 24 HOURS OF AUCTION END
- REMAINING BALANCE MUST BE PAID IN THE FORM OF BANK CERTIFIED CASHIER'S CHECK OR CASH IN PERSON WITHIN NO LATER THAN 7DAYS OF THE AUCTION END.
- TITLE AND VEHICLE WILL NOT BE RELEASED UNTIL ALL FUNDS HAVE CLEARED THE BANK / BEEN VERIFIED
BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR BOTH PAYMENT AND ARRANGEMENTS FOR AND OF THE SHIPMENT OF THE VEHICLE.
SOLD AS IS OBVIOUSLY WITH NO WARRANTY.
LONG AD, KNOW, UT IT IS YOUR MONEY..PLEASE READ IT ALL, ATCH ALL THREE VIDEOS, TUDY THE PICTURES PLEASE.***** THIS CAR IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION AND WAS JUST PAINTED, ERIOUS BUYERS PLEASE *****I see so many lesser cars /poor qualitythat have been "run hard and put up wet" and are selling for far more than I am asking....makes little sense to me. This is a true 1986 Fox Mustang GT 5.0 T-TOP car with 72k mile, riginal in very good condition.
AGAIN, EW PAINT JOB IN FORD OEM"OXFORD WHITE" by Ford Body Shop (started 10-6-15 & completed 10-19-15) THIS IS A VERY SWEET FOUR EYED FOX!
1986FordMustang GT 5.0 Liter w/ T-TOPS 5 Speed Original with ONLY 72,499 miles!
On Dec-15-15 at 14:32:29 PST, eller added the following information: