1959 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Mostly restored - NO RESERVE
Price: US $22,000.00 Item location: Leander, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Thunderbird
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1959
- VIN: H9YJ162166
- Color: White
- Engine size: 352 4V
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Brakes, Power Steering, Power Driver Seat, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Turquoise & White
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1959 Ford Thunderbird1959 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Mostly restored - NO RESERVE Power steering, ower brakes, ower windows and power driver seat. This is an early 1959 so the top is not fully automatic. You have to open the deck lid by hand then you can raise or lower top with a hydraulic pump. This is considered the more desirable one as you don’t have all the problems that the fully automatic top has. Due to health issues I am not able to finish this project but everything is done except for adjustments and noted items. This has been a restoration project for me and is a very nice car with thousands of dollars in new and rebuilt parts & hundreds of hours of labor.· The brakes have been updated to power disc in the front with the original drums in the rear with new hoses and lines.
· The front suspension is all new including coil springs, pper and lower a-frame bushings, ie rod ends, pper and lower ball joints, hocks (front & rear), ront stabilizer bushings and bumpers on the a frames.
· The power steering has been rebuilt including the pump, ontrol valve, lave cylinder with new hoses.
· All the weather-stripping and seals have been replaced, his includes doors, indows, runk, nd every seal was replaced.
· The front tires are new and the rear tires are very good condition, he spare is old but has never been used.
· The interior is mostly new with new seat covers front and rear, ew foam in the front seats. The door panels and trim panels are new along with new carpet.
· The convertible top is new, ith new pads and seals, ew top pump and hoses.
· The transmission and torque converter have been rebuilt and is original to the car.
· The engine a 352 4V (correct but not original to car) was torn down but found to be in good condition and was put back together with new seals, iming chain and oil pump.
· The rear end is original, till tight with no leaks.
· The trunk area has been restored with all new correct parts and burtex mat.
· The fuel tank is new along with a new sending unit and electric fuel pump. The original mechanical fuel pump has been eliminated because they don’t last long with today’s fuel.
· The paint is all new and is very high quality two part polyurethane enamel. The paint and body are show condition.
· The underbody has been re-undercoated. I scraped all the original undercoating that was loose or poor condition off. There was no rust other than some surface rust which was painted with Por-15 rust encapsulating paint before the undercoating.
· The whole car was almost rust free and has all the original floors and panels. There were just a few spots where they all seem to get rust.
· The chrome is mostly original but in very nice condition - too nice to get redone
The car is complete and driveable but still needs a few issues attended to in order to be perfect. I have some health issues that are keeping me from working on &completing the car. I have decided to try to sell it as is. If it doesn’t sell with this listing I will work on having the issues repaired and relist later with a much higher price that will be much closer to its true value. To fix everything that is wrong will probably be less than a $1000 in parts but my selling start price is very low with no reserve . Unless it gets bid way up it may go for $10,000+ under book. This is what I know needs attention: · The rear quarter windows do not align perfectly when raised; need help the last quarter inch.
· The windshield has a crack, ery hard to see on the passenger side. This was a new $700 dollar windshield.
· The exhaust system should be replaced; it is not correct. I was going to replace but it can be used as is.
· The front end will need an alignment because with all the new parts I’m sure it’s out of alignment.
· The wind shield wipers don’t work very well; a common problem with vacuum wipers.
· The radio may not work. I was going to put an AM FM reproduction radio in so I never even tested it.
· The rear antenna is not hooked up. I have a new one but didn’t install it (included).
· There is a cable for the defrosters that needs to be hooked up or replaced (included). I was going to try to find a nicer heater control panel.
· The jack is not the original one so the jack base won’t screw to the spare tire like it is supposed to.
· The clock doesn’t work but the other gauges do.
$500 non-refundable deposit due via PayPal within 24 hours of close of auction. Balance due within 7 days. Car Sold As-Is.Additional pictures in slideshow format. Click to enlarge.