1969 Mach 1 R-Code, 428SCJ, Drag Pack 3.90:1 - Original, Unrestored Survivor
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: Super Cobra Jet, Drag Pack
- Type: Fastback
- Trim: Mach 1
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 96,626
- VIN: 9T02R162987
- Color: Silver Jade Metallic (Light Green)
- Engine size: 7.0L, 428SCJ
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Brakes
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: AM 8-Track
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1
For Sale, a 1969 Mustang Mach 1 Fastback R-Code, 428 Super Cobra Jet, 4-Speed, Drag Pack Car
This is the absolute nicest, most complete, most original, unmolested, unrestored 1969 Mach 1 I have ever seen. It has a clear New Hampshire Title. I bought this car from the original family - the father (original owner) had recently transferred the title to his son. The car had been in storage - indoor, climate controled for 38-years.
- The Original 428 Super Cobra Jet Engine has been rebuilt by Poulin Engine and Machine Shop in Auburn, NH.
- The Assembly line tag is still on the 428 Super Cobra Jet Engine.
- The C9AF-9510-M carburetor has been rebuilt/restored - it has the assembly line tag still on it.
- The starter has been rebuilt
- The Ram-Air air breather system has been restored - a new rubber seal (appers authentic Ford, NOS)
- The C80F-12127-H Distributor is Present.
- The water pump has been replaced.
- This is a 4-Speed Car, the Original 4-Speed Toploader is with the car.
- RUG-AE2 Tag is on the Transmission
- The original Clutch, Pressure Plate and Release Bearing are present
- The Flywheel is the original, elusive, rare and nearly impossible to find C9ZE-A Super Cobra Jet Flywheel
- The V-Code 3.90:1 9-Inch, Trac-Lock Rear End is with the car.
- The interior is original, complete and beautiful - I have to use Immaculate to describe the interior.
- The Silver Jade Metallic exterior paint is original to the car.
- All of the glass is in excellent condition.
What the car Needs:
- Exhaust System
- The H-Pipe is Present - I would replace it.
- Exhaust Tips - There are some incorrect Exhaust Tips present with the car.
- Passenger Side Sub-frame (rust)
- Passenger Side Torque Box (rust)
- Refinish Undercarriage
- Blast, Seal, Paint and Undercoat Undercarriage
- Refinish the Engine Compartment (light sanding, degrease, rattle can paint satin black to preserve unrestored look)
- Rebuild Suspension - All bearings, bushings, ball joints, control arms, springs, shock absorbers.
- Rebuild Steering - Steering Box, idler arm, drag link, tie rods...
- Rebuild Brakes - All hard and soft lines, Calipers, Wheel Cylinders, Master Cylinder, Power Brake Booster
- Install Engine and Transmission
All of the above would make the car roadworthy, mechanically sound, and drivable.
The radiator support is pitted, but appears structurally sound - I don't feel it needs to be replaced.
I would not paint this car.
Why am I selling it:
I want a car that I will drive. I want a 1969 R-Code, 4-Speed Mustang Mach 1 that I would put on the road. This car should not be put on the road - it's too original, too nice to run the risk of getting in an accident (MY OPINION). I should get a car that is not all original, but one that is restored and correct. I could enjoy driving a car like that.
There is no warranty with this car. $1,000 is due immediately upon auction end. You have 14-days to come and view the car and make final payment. If you decide you don't want the car - AFTER VIEWING IT- that's ok. The pictures are of the actual car; it's what you will receive. I have been meticulously accurate with my description. Therefore the $1,000 is non-refundable. I'm confident if you decided to bid on or buy this car online, you'll definitely want it when you see it in person.
Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer. I will do all that I can to assist you or your carrier to load the car and all parts/components. I will NOT place items in the trunk or interior of this car for shipment.
Thank you for viewing my listing.