1996 Ford Bronco XL - 4WD, 5 speed, cloth interior, red, runs well, many extras
Price: - Item location: Dyke, Virginia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Bronco
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: XL
- Year: 1976
- Mileage: 245,000
- VIN: 1FMEU15NOTLA52635
- Color: Red
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1976 Ford Bronco XLThe last year of a great one!
1996 Ford Bronco XL - the desirable, hard-to-find base model with 5-speed (five speed) manual transmission, rubber mats, and four wheel drive.
VIN - 1FMEU15NOTLA52635. Clear Virginia Title. (For some reason eBay Motors was not recognizing VIN, so here you go. See photo of door jam below for confirmation)
A very solid, well-maintained vehicle that runs and drives well. 245,000 miles.
Has the famed "convertible" top on the bed - removable for spring and summer fun.
Used sparinglyof lateas a once a week driver to the weekend house (a 70 mile round trip). Hauled loads of firewood, pulled a small trailer, moved furniture, had fun in the snow. Cruises comfortably at 60 miles an hour with good stereo, great heat and defrost, and everything works.
Specific details - pros and cons:
* Engine and transmission are very strong. Starts first time every time. Shifts well. Four wheel drive strong as an ox.
* New factory-spec crate engine was installed about 60,000 miles ago. Runs like a top.
* Very clean cloth interior - amazing. NO stains, tears or fading. No dash cracks. Clean floor. Clean headliner - no sagging! Even interior dome light works!
* Power back window works perfectly.
* Impressive aftermarket stereo with box speakers and amplifier. Clear and strong!
* All power options work as they should.
* Hearty clutch. Good action and plenty strong.
* Great heat, defroster, fan.
* Entire brake system recently re-done. Stops on a dime.
* Very recent tires.
* Original owners manuals
* Roll-up windows - when's the last time you saw those?!
* Typical Bronco rust - see photos. Heavy in the wheel wells and well-underway in edges of bumpers.
* Paint is fading - clear coatactively peelingon hood and roof.
* AC equipment is all there - but has not been charged in years. Should work, butcan not be sure.
* Small leak in transmission - easily repairable, just haven't needed to. Does not effect function.
* Speedometer just stopped working yesterday.
* ABS light on-did not clear it when we re-did brake system
* One crack in windshield -only thing that would keep it from passing Virginia inspection.
* Driver's door handle does not work from the inside - reach out the window old school style!
All in all, this is a wonderful truckfor many purposes with plenty of good useful life left.Hunting or farm vehicle, spruce it up for daily use, safe first car for your son, fun convertible in the summer!
We are antiques dealers in the Virginia Piedmont - Charlottesville, Culpeper, Orange and environs. This has been our weekend cottage truck, doing double duty to move furniture from time to time. It's awesome, but we have just been given a newer truck by family and don't have room for both.
Buyer responsible for shipping or pick-up within 10 days of winning the auction. $500 non-refundable deposit due in 48 hours of auction close via PayPal. Vehicle located in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Feel free to email questions of any kind. Check out the detailed pics.
Hope this American classic finds a great home!