Survivor Car, Mild Custom
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Thunderbird
- Year: 1960
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: 04714129343
- Color: Moroccan Ivory
- Engine size: 352
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red and White
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1960 Ford Thunderbird
Factory AC, Power Seats, Power Brakes and Power Steering!
I am the third owner, and have had the car since March of this year. The car comes with records dating back to 1989, totaling over $19,000. When I got it, it had recently come out of storage. Here is what I did:
· Lowered the car 2” & Installed New Shocks
· Pulled the intake and valve covers to reseal
· Added Pertronix Ignitor II electronic ignition
· Replaced plug wires and Plugs
· Installed new Expansion tank from Macs
· Installed new thermostat
· Added new Lancer Wheelcovers
· Had Pankeys rebuild the radiator
· New dual exhaust with Smithy’s Mufflers
· Fresh bearings and seals in the rear end
· Installed new Master Cylinder
· Flushed Brakes
· Changed all fluids
· Added Lakes Pipes
· In 27 years, the car has been driven 17k miles and the previous owner spent over $19k with the Ford dealer and an independent shop on maintenance and repair. If anything, it was over maintained!
· The engine has been rebuilt. It runs great and doesn’t smoke. I know it has been rebuilt based on the gaskets used and the condition inside the engine when I had the intake off. I do not have receipts for the rebuild, but it definitely appears more recent than 1989
· The transmission was rebuilt by Ford. I have receipts for that
· With the exception of the clock, everything works, even the AM Radio.
· The heater core was bypassed when I got it. Not sure if it leaks, but I would guess it might.
· AC Blows cold and the site glass shows it to be clean
I refreshed the car and loaded up my wife and 4-year old for a trip to the West Coast Kustoms Cruisin’ Nationals in Santa Maria. The car was flawless. AC blew cold, it cruises at 70-80mph with ease, power steering is great and it stops like a champ. I would drive this car anywhere.