1930 Woody Beach Wagon Real Henry Ford Steel Hot Rod Chevy 350 SBC
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Model A
- SubModel: Henry Ford Steel Woody Beach Wagon Hot Rod
- Year: 1930
- Mileage: 20,000
- VIN: A2253117
- Engine size: 350SBC
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1930 Ford Model A Henry Ford Steel Woody Beach Wagon Hot RodIf you've ever fancied getting a really, truly SPECIAL car... this is the one.
A one-of-a-kind ALL STEEL woody. What does "All Steel" mean- it means the original 1930 Ford body (Believed to be a Tudor originally) was built out with a COMPLETELY STEEL ENCLOSED WAGON BODY. Only the fenders and running boards are Fiberglass. So this is not the typical woody you see at auctions. This is a steel car with steel doors and a steel roof. The nicely done maple Wood panels are attached to the steel panels. This is not a wooden box stuck on a chassis the way all Woodies are done. This one's special.
More than anything else the best thing about this car is how it drives. Some of these are science projects but this beauty has done over 20,000 miles. It's SORTED. I've owned it for around 4 years and spent a fortune getting it mechanically sorted, on top of the $46,000 purchase price from Vanguard Motors in Detroit. In fact if you want to see their video- here it is.
Rebuilt the rear end, just freshly serviced the motor and tranny. Brakes work great (4 wheel discs). Freshly serviced A/C that works great! Brand New Panasonic CD/AM/FM Bluetooth installed in the roof console. Just finished completely going through the electronics so now the two door poppers work flawlessly, the trunk popper works great and the TWIN fuel tanks now switch using the under-dash tank switch. (None of this has worked for a long time, so now you can rest assured it's fixed) Both doors have safety locks which you WILL NEED with suicide doors!
The interior is pretty beautiful Vanilla vinyl- even the floor is vinyl which is great for cleaning! I would probably have a local shop make a nice set of carpeted mats- that would be a nice touch.
- Crate 350ci Small Block Chevy 300hp
- 400 Turbo Hydramatic Transmission
- Polished Aluminum Air Cleaner and Valve Covers
- HEI Distributor
- Chrome Alternator
- Chrome A/C Unit
- 4bbl Carb
- Shaved Firewall
- 9” Ford Rear End
- 4 Wheel Wildwood Disc Brakes
- Polished Exhaust System
- Air Conditioning and Heat
- Radius Rods
- Coil Over Rear Suspension
- 4 Bar Drop Front End
- Dropped Axle
- Chrome Shocks and Sway Bar Out Back
- Polished Battery Box
- Safety Cutoff Switch
- Undercarriage Battery Terminal Connection
- Undercarriage Manual Door Switch
- Trans Cooler Mounted Underneath
- Dual Gas Tanks
- Corvette Master Cylinder
- Chrome Close Out Panel and Chrome Oil Pan
- Chrome Steering Gear
- Chrome Front Axle
- Chrome Springs and Shocks Up Front
- All Hand Built
- Designed and Built in 2001
- 1930 Model A Body
- 1932 Grill
- Fiberglass Front and Rear Fenders
- Running Boards are Steel, and are Covered
- Suicide Doors with Safety Latches
- Keyless Entry with 2 Remotes for Doors and Trunk
- Beautiful Black Paint
- Black Cloth Top
- TCI Frame and Suspension
- 5 Spoke Aluminum Wheels
- 195/75/14 Front, 235/75/15 Rear
- Hand Built Wood Panels over STEEL BOX BODY!
- 4 Redundant Brake Lights
- Custom ALL STEEL Boxed Frame
- All Custom "Vanilla" vinyl interior
- Seats, Headliner and Floor all done in same material!
- Vintage Air Conditioning, Heat and defrost. Overhead AM/FM Stereo with CD Player and Built in Speakers
- Dakota Digital Gauges
- Lokar Shifter
- Driver’s Side Windshield Wiper
- Ididit Tilt Steering Column
- Billet Specialties machined aluminum Wheel
- Billet Accessories
- Power Windows
- Seatbelts Front and Back
This is a really nice Woody that I have well over $50K into. Unfortunately my storage situation is changing so i have t move on from some cars in my collection. I have listed this at my purchase price and not included the $10K or so I've invested into it getting it to run, drive, stop and cool like new. The maple wood is really in good shape, but a few panels could use a sanding and fresh coat or urethane. The door frames are wrapped in maple veneer and this is cracked in a few areas, and the driver's side windshield post shows two small cracks in the paint. The interior is in nice shape but a little bit of the vinyl shows some wear on the floor. The dash is still perfect as is the roof. Cosmetically it's in great shape and awaiting a few finishing touches to make it a show winner once again.
I am a realist so I have included a "Best Offer" button. I will reply to all offers but of course for lowball offers i will simply, and politely, decline.
If you have any detailed questions please contact me- my number (remove the XX's) is xxx774xxx208xxx7369xxx
The Woody is in my warehouse in the Western suburbs of Boston. Happy to show it to you any weeknight or weekend.