1961 Ford Falcon Gasser, Drag Racer, Retro Racer
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Falcon
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Gasser
- Year: 1961
- Mileage: 500
- Color: Gray
- Engine size: 351
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1961 Ford Falcon
Great retro racer up for sale. This 1961 Falcon Gasser is ready for the street or the strip. Fun for local cruises as the car is street legal and always gets a bunch of looks and stories told about gassers of the day. Also, can be taken to the drags for a fun retro weekend. With less than 500 miles since the build, this gasser is in great shape.
Below are the basic specs:
- Body - Rock solid with no rust, currently in primer, POR 15 coating on all surfaces, but body
- Interior - Entire new custom floor and rear tubs with professional safety roll cage along with racing seats and 5 point harnesses, Full Auto meter gauge package with Sunpro tach and Hurst shifter
- Engine - 351ci Windsor board out to 408ci with RHS 215 heads, Comp Cams XR294RF-HR10, Edelbrock Air-Gap Intake, and Holley 750cfm double pumper carb
- Trans. - Hughes C4 3 speed with 3,500 Stall
- Rear-end - 9 inch with 3.89 gears and Detroit Locker
- Suspension - Speedway Motors chrome straight axle kit with four-link QA1 coil overs rear
- Wheels - 15x6 and 15x10 American Racing Torq-Thrust D wheels with 26x7.5 and 315/60 Mickey Thompson tires
Car runs great on pump fuel and is streetable, but will open up when you need it to for the strip. Entire car was built for racing including the undercarriage, but spends its days just cruising around right now. The gasserwas featured in the January 2014 issue of Popular Hot Rodding Magazine and was a runner up to the top prize. This was an article called "42 Real-World Readers' Rides!" where the Falcon was featured with anarticle about the build etc. One copy of the magazine will go with the car. Also, there is a short video of the car on youtube for a local award shoot. Just search for 61 Falcon Streetsalker.
Have a clear TX title in hand along with a few extra parts that go with the car.
Only serious buyers need bid. Potential buyers are highly encouraged to inspect the car in person.
Car is sold where is and how is with no warranty.
Shippingor pickup is the responsibility of the buyer. Might be willing to help with loading if available.
No PayPal. Only cash or wire transfer will be accepted and car will not be released until all funds are cleared and confirmed.
Car is for sale locally so auction may end at any time.
Please ask any questions before bidding.
Thanks for looking!!