1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible - $8985 OBO
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: LX Convertible
- Year: 1990
- Mileage: 150,000
- VIN: 1FACP44EXLF221683
- Color: White
- Engine size: 5.0L, 302 CI
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: White
- Safety options: Driver Airbag
- Options: CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1990 Ford Mustang
1990 Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible - $8985 OBO
· 25 year car - well maintained throughout its 26 year life. Originally a Texas bought car and has spent most of its life here in Texas. The vehicle is what is termed a triple white which is fairly rare for a fox body mustang. Triple white means white external paint, white convertible top, and white leather interior. The carpet and some of the inside trim is the original light grey that came on this car. The car has a little less than 150,000 miles as this vehicle has been driven and enjoyed for its entire life time. The convertible top fits snugly down in place and flawlessly goes up and down. I have owned the car for eleven years and have put about 15K of those miles on it. The original boot and boot bag are still present and will go with the car.
· Recent Repairs - The engine is newer. It is a jasper motors crate 302 that has less than 5K miles on it. The 5 speed transmission was rebuilt this last week. The clutch, fuel pump, both sides rear window motors, engine mounts, and front inner tire rods have all been replaced within the last six months. All normal maintenance has been completed and the car is in really great mechanical shape.
· Modifications - I swapped the transmission and rear end from a 1987 GT (donor car) almost 9 years ago due to the fact that I hated the AOD. The car has the 5.0 shift kit in it with a short throw shifter. The clutch is heavy duty and the rear end is a 3.73 gear ratio. I have replaced the stock radiator with a three core Summit Racing metal radiator. The stereo is a aftermarket CD player that still works well. Other than the radiator nothing else has been done yet under the hood.
My My intention was to continue working this process as life went on but unfortunately my life circumstances have changed and I must sell a few cars from my collection. At this time I am looking to possibly part with one or two 1973 Corvette - 454 matching numbers cars with T-tops (I actually have two of these and both are in incredible shape: one blue and one silver), a 1991 LX 5.0 Convertible, standard drive with factory 3.08 gears that is strawberry red with under 72K original miles, and finally another 1991 LX 5.0 Convertible, automatic, that is burgundy in color with only 31.6K original miles.
· The good - Car starts and runs as it should. It is a good 10 footer. It is enjoyable to drive. Look at the pictures. There is no real rust anywhere.
· The okay - The paint on the black trim to the car will need addressed eventually. Some of the rubber seals along the doors are starting to split (barely evident). The top has a few stitches coming lose but still looks rather amazing. The driver's seat has some wear to it. The only rust on the car is on the donor rear axle/differential box. It is only surface rust. The carpet could stand a good scrubbing. The pony rims look really nice but a few small spots on them. There is no curb rash.
· The bad - Cruise control was made in operative when I had the transmission/rear end swap done. The car at 55 mph is actually doing 60 mph for the same reason. The ashtray door spring is broken and the lid stays open. The floor carpet needs to be stretched at the floor of the passenger seat down by the area where your feet sit. The stereo face plate is lose. It can fall off due to a hinge being broken if you hit a strong bump or go over railroad tracks. The left rear speaker cover is loose. The car has some paint chips on the hood and on the passenger side door. There is one or two very small dings along the body.
The bottom line: This car is really very nice. It has been babied and well taken care of. I believe it will pass the Texas vehicle inspection as it has before since this was an original Texas car. I have not tried to take it for Texas inspection as I was not going to plate it here until my current plates run out in August. I know my price of $8985 is a bit high. The price is negotiable but I will not accept any ridiculous or low ball offers. I am far from desperate to sell this car. Please contact me at 785- four oh eight - oh eight seven five via text so we can talk more about the car.
If you have less than 10 feedback and the car has reached its reserve price I will delete your bid unless you contact me first. Also, I have this vehicle listed with other websites and locally. So, I reserve the right to end this auction at any time. I will require from the winner a $300 down payment through pay-pal immediately following the end of the auction. If you cannot afford this vehicle or just want to play games, kindly do not bid on it. I am not looking for trades as I wish to liquidate. I do not need help with my listings. Thank you for looking.On Jun-25-16 at 21:20:40 PDT, seller added the following information:
One minor imperfection I forgot to mention is the drivers side headlamp has moisture in it. It, like all the lights on the car work as is normal. However, it will need replaced more sooner than later.On Jun-26-16 at 14:10:14 PDT, seller added the following information:
I took the car out today to a car club meeting and then drove it to a charity show. I found two more items that need to be disclosed. The windshield is not perfect. It has two small rock chips in it that were professionally repaired years ago. The windshield is holding up well and there are no cracks. The second item is leather wrap steering wheel. The reason for the cover is that the leather wrap wheel was starting to deteriorate on the top portion due to sunlight. I put the cover on it back in 2005 to help preserve the wheel as is. I have not taken it off since.
I am going to lower the reserve and buy it now prices. Thank you again for looking.