1962 Ford Fairlane 500 2-door V8, 12V converted, Automatic
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Fairlane
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1962
- Mileage: 53,000
- VIN: 2F41L148275
- Color: White
- Engine size: 302
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Rebuilt, Rebuildable & Reconstructed Want to buy? Contact seller!
1962 Ford FairlaneUp for sale is my 1962 Ford Fairlane 500.
I recently took this car in on trade (I am not the builder, so I'm not completely certain of the cars past. I know this matters to some so I'd like to get it out there.)
I've looked over the car pretty extensively, here are some of the obvious details
- Recent restoration (I estimate the last 10-15yrs)
- Mid-late 70s 302 V8 (slight lifter noise on cold start, otherwise runs EXCELLENT. Motor appears to be all stock. 2Bbl motor-craft carb. OEM exhaust manifolds. True dual exhaust.
- What I believe is the original 2 speed ford-o-matic trans (doesn't slip, will leave a few spots of transmission fluid where you park it if it sits for a few days but i'm talking maybe 1-2" SPOTS not puddles of fluid)
- I've been underneath the car. It for sure has had the brake system gone through. It has the factory manual booster, it has disc front brakes (not sure if this was OEM or an upgrade), and has drum rear brakes. I've noticed it has newer shocks, new upper ball joints in the front, and it has air shocks in the rear (fitting is mounted in the trunk pan for easy access)
- Very nicely redone red interior. (all the window rubber / felts look to be new. all 4 windows operate fine, as do the wing windows. not all of the dash lights work and the heater is on a toggle switch.)
- NEW or refinished gas tank.
Overall there's not much BAD about this car. Here's a list of the things that could use attention
- A few runs in the paint, I didn't even notice them when I got the car. Small bubbles over both fender skirts in the rear. A few small chips in the paint. A total of about 4 missing trim pieces (I have some, not all, that will be included with the car)
- The floor pans have been patched in the past. Very solid as-is but I realize a purist may see something like this as a flaw
- One small spot of rust on the interior drivers side A pillar (noted in youtube video)
- The drivers side exhaust pipe needs one hanger redone, it's currently wired up and driven often the way it is.
I'm selling this car AS-IS, I have a Kentucky REBUILT title (no mileage discrepancy! just has a rebuilt title, someone probably had to apply for a lost title and in most cases when done that way in my state, they come back rebuilt) in my name, that will be signed and notarized WITH a bill of sale at the time it's picked up, if sold. I accept cash (PayPal for the deposit - but in any other way N-O)
With that said there's not much else I can think of about the car. I love it but have other projects I'd like to finish, and I'm sure someone else could have a lot of fun with it as-is. Drive it, take it to the rod-run, build it, swap it, double your money, the options are endless
I have THREE videos of this car uploading to YouTube I will add in here later (one you'll see at the top of this listing, if I can't edit in the other 2 later they will be public on my channel.(2 general look-over videos, 1 driving)) If there are any questions, comments, concerns, or you need more pictures, video, info, anything - please feel free to contact me via message for my cell number.
Happy bidding, and good luck!