1985 Ford E350 Centurion van/truck Cummins Gear Vendors Overdrive project
Price: US $2,025.00 Item location: Center Hill, Florida, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: E-Series Van
- SubModel: Centurion
- Type: Centurion van/truck
- Trim: Customized van/truck conversion
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 88870
- VIN: 1FTJE34LXFHB01469
- Color: White
- Engine size: Dodge Cummins diesel
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: 3 speed auto x o'drive = 6 speeds
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Rebuilt, Rebuildable & Reconstructed Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Ford E-Series Van CenturionThis is a NO RESERVE auction for a 1985 Ford Centurion conversion van/truck, rofessionally converted from an E350 van to a stretched wheelbase vehicle with bucket seats up front, rear fold-down bench seat convertible to a bed in the rear, pickup bed out back, nd a dually rear axle, or a tow vehicle with sleeping accommodations. These vehicles were made by several conversion shops at the time, believe this one was done in a Georgia facility. Google: 1985 Ford Centurion Van, nbsp; for more info and pix of others.
History: I purchased the truck from it's Georgia owner in 2002. It was used as a tow truck to haul his trailer and race car to events - he would sleep in the truck while at the track, eturn home after the event. When he sold his race car, bought the truck, quipped with a 460 gas V8 and a 3 speed C6 automatic transmission. I used it to tow a horse trailer to various shows in the south, nd was unhappy with it's fuel mileage (typically about 8 mpg) and lack of gears to deal with grades. I added a Gear Vendors electric overdrive to the transmission, hich now provided 6 forward gears ahead for better hill options; but the fuel mileage didn't improve much, nd so I decided to convert the vehicle from the 460 gas V8 to a Dodge Cummins 12 valve diesel 6. At that time most Dodge Cummins trucks were getting teens to low 20's for mileage, ade reasonable power, t seemed a good way to go.
I began the engine conversion in 2004, and had most of the exhaust and intake piping and some of the motor mounting done, hen a family crisis came up, nd I put the project into storage in a fully enclosed barn with no windows. It has been there ever since, nd it is obvious to me that not only will I never finish it, don't even need it any more, he horse days are history. And so I've decided it's time for it to go, nd all the parts with it, or someone to finish it up as they wish and put it on the road once more. I won't separate any of it, want it all out of here for room for other work, o everything I'm listing below goes with it:
So here's what the winning bidder gets:
* The van/truck. A rust-free southern truck. It has a clean Fl title (even if AutoCheck calls it out for a "title check major issue" or the like). In '85, his vehicle was not required to have a title in Georgia, t was optional, nd when I bought it in Georgia it had a registration. This was accepted by Fla as adequate, nd a clean Fl title was issued to me, o restrictions or issues, nd also not a salvage title. It is listed here as "rebuilt, ebuildable and reconstructed" because it was modified to its present configuration by the conversion shop). It has low miles (88,870; I believe this to be true), nd it's clean. The original paint is still decent, expect it will buff up reasonably well, t's had no UV exposure while stored in the barn.
* The original Ford 460 V8 with Edelbrock Performance manifold and Holley 4 bbl. This engine was running well when removed, o issues.
* A Dodge Cummins 6 cyl 12 valve turbodiesel, urchased from a salvage yard in Ocala Fl. I was told it came from a low mileage wreck on the interstate, 've never seen it run, s much as I know.
* The original C6 3 speed automatic mated to a Gear Vendors overdrive. I used this for about two years with the 460, he xmission shifts firmly, no slip, nd the overdrive unit has never given me any issues, orked well.
* A new (at the time) Decelerator 4" exhaust brake, nstalled.
* FordCummins engine adapters from FordCummins in Montana (see products on their website). Also a low stall speed torque converter for diesel.
* Many, any other parts (intercooler, il and transmission fluid coolers, tc, tc) too many to list individually. Not shown in the photos are these items, hich also include bumper, rill, ront buckets, etc.
These are current photos that show the vehicle as it is today, t was pulled out for photos, hen put back in the barn.
PAYMENT DETAILS, NSPECTIONS, TC:
If you wish to inspect prior to auction's end, ontact me and I will accommodate you as best I can. It's in central Fl, bout midway between Ocala and Orlando.
Questions? Email me via ebay's messages.
Winning bidder is to submit payment of $500 by paypal within 48 hrs of auction end, alance is due within 7 days of auction end, ither bank check or cash, othing else. Paypal is not acceptable for the balance of the purchase amount.
Transportation: This is a large, eavy truck, e sure your trailer or rollback is ok for the job. It's wheelbase is 175", rack width across the rear outside tires is 94". Weight, er title, s 4329 lbs. If winning bidder wishes me to store this after payment while delivery is being arranged, will hold it for up to 30 days, o charge.