1979 Fiat 124 Spider AUTOMATIC
Price: - Item location: Monument, Colorado, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Fiat
- Model: 124 Spider
- SubModel: Pininfarina
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 116800
- VIN: 124CS20144197
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 2.0 Liter
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Fiat 124 SpiderRare 1979 Fiat 124 Spider AUTOMATIC!
This is a Pininfarina 2+2 Convertible. Also known as the Fiat Spider 2000.
Anybody can drive this car!
This exceptional vehicle has been completely restored to original condition. I did this restoration for my daughter's wedding and it was used as their getaway car (see one of the photos). It only has ~3,000 miles since the restoration was completed in July of 2019 and during the remainder of the summer I drove it daily. Starting in November, it's been under wraps for the winter.
My daughter and wife both say it's a really cute car. My son-in-law says it's "just plain awesome!"
I originally purchased the car from an individual in Grand Junction, Colorado a couple years ago where it spent most of its life. The body is in excellent condition and has NO rust.
The car runs and drives excellent. It is incredibly fun to drive and I get comments every time I take it out. If you are unfamiliar with vintage Fiats--especially the 124 Spider--they are awesome cars. These cars run well, the tops go up-and-down easily and, in my opinion, they are more refined than many counterparts of the same era.
Below is a short list of items included in the restoration. This list is not exhaustive--there's just too much to try and mention everything:
- New paint
- New Rota wheels, locks and Yokohama S-Drive tires
- Rebuilt engine and all components
- Rebuilt transmission and driveline components
- New cooling system (including water pump, radiator, heater core, hoses, etc)
- New fuel system (including fuel tank, fuel pump, rebuilt carburetor, hoses, etc)
- New timing and drive belts
- New High Performance exhaust system with integrated dual tips
- New custom interior (one note: the dash and console are both original and do have some cracks)
- New professionally installed Robbins convertible top
- New stereo system with removable rear speakers and deck remote
- Locks with matching keys (As it came originally: 1 key for the ignition and 1 key for doors and trunk)
- And much, much more...
This vehicle is being sold as is by a private-party and has no warranty expressed or implied.