Bagged 91 Dodge Dakota - Air Ride, Custom, Stereo - NO RESERVE!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Dakota
- Type: Regular Cab / Long Bed
- Year: 1991
- Mileage: 100,948
- VIN: 1B7FL26X6MS275951
- Color: White / Gray
- Engine size: V6 3.9L
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1991 Dodge DakotaBagged 91 Dodge Dakota - has been used as a show truck for the past 10 years/garage kept. The truck has been in storage for thelast year. It will be sold as-is with no warranty - all sales will be final. This is still a head-turner, I'm just ready to move on to another project. Please see below for a detailed description.
- Custom hand-painted pinstriping on the hood, down the sides of the truck, air tanks, visors inside, lettering on roll pan.
- Molded in side skirts on the side of the truck, Street-Scene Front Valance with mesh insert/fog lights/smooth front bumper, shaved grill plate with billet insert, clear corner lights, APC Roll Pan on back with aftermarket taillights.
- Shaved Door Handles and Stake Pockets
- Billet Side Mirrors
- Tinted windows
- Full Air Ride Suspension - F.B.S.S. (2- 7 Gallon Tanks, 2- 400c Viair Compressors, 8 - 3/8" Danz Brass Valves, 1/2 - Air Line, All Brass and Nickel Fittings, RE-6 Slam Specialties in front, RE-7 Slam Specialties in rear, 2" drop spindles, small bolt in c-notch, parallel 4-link,AVS 7button black switchbox, has tank pressure gauge and bag gauges mounted in truck as well as a cut-off switch to run the compressors. Compressors will only run up to 150 psi. if you want to run up to 200 psi, you would need different compressors, still is pretty quick with the 150 psi, very quick if you decide to run higher. The air line/fittings/bags were all new back in 2014.
- 20" Chrome Panther Juice wheels (I have two spares, one spare tire/ the spare tire and one spare rim is brand new).
- Custom interior minus the floors - (Tweed door panels with plexiglass Crossfire logos, tweed and vinyl headliner, pinstriped visors, painted trim pieces, APC bucket seats, APC steering wheel,billet rear-viewmirror). Currently no carpet.
- Custom Stereo - monitor in the passenger side dash along with monitor in custom box covered in tweedbetween seats/box has dvd player that is hooked up to monitors. Blow-through sub enclosure (sub box sits in bed cut-out - 4 12" Crossfire subs run by Class D Power Acoustik Amp mounted in middle of seats on floor, also has 2 sets of Crossfire speakers in the door run by another Power Acoustik Amp that is mounted on back wall of passenger side, the sub box is all covered in tweed along with large plexiglass Crossfire logo that runs across the bottom back wall - this logo lights up blue controlled off switch). The subs hit in the low 140's for DB's - this stereo set-up alone would cost around $3,500 between the equipment and installation.
- New Rack and Pinion put in back in 2014, truck has dual batteries - one in the usual spot and one in bed of truck which is yellow-top Optima). High Output Alternator.
- Custom Fit flush mount tonneau cover that is controlled by shocks.
- The steering needs attention- last shop that looked at it said it would need a new steering column, would also need an alignment after that. I did charge the batteries the other week and the truck fired right up. Before getting the truck back on the road, I would suggest getting the steering fixed.
- The truck has been sitting and not driven at all the last year, not driven much besides maybe 500 miles a year for shows before that. I do notice there is a little oil that is under truck when it sits - I believe it may have been related to a rear main seal. It's been like that for years and I've never had a problem.
- There is no carpet, I ripped it out to see how the floors looked underneath which show some rustunderneath the doorsillsof eachside - see pics. The floor pans on each side were replaced with steel plates years back.
- The frame shows some sagging in the bed of the truck. I had intentions of doing a back half. It's a long bed, so I think thisproblem is common with this model. Not sure if just boxing it would help the issue, but something you would want to decide for yourself and take a look at.
- Currently, there are two buttons in bed of truck for emergency when popping the doors (only the driver door is working, not sure what's going on with the passenger side, my remote is not working - could just be battery related - may be worth while to replace the setup which I think you can pick one up for around $100).
- The wheels and paint still look nice on the truck, but do show signs of daily wear from over the years. I'd rate the paint around 7.5/10 and wheels 8/10. I wouldn't hesitate to take it to a show tomorrow as far as how it looks.
- When pulling out from a parking lot, the exhaust hit. Currently, it's just a down pipe that runs out from the muffler so it looks like it needs a new bracket and welded back in place.
What I'm selling is a truck I've spent the last 10 years customizing. I've been to plenty of custom shows over the years and this always does well. Back when I was taking this to shows, it won at places such as Carlisle All Truck Nationals, Scrape By the Lake, etc. What you have to start with is all quality air ride parts, a custom interior minus the carpet, and custom wheels/accessories that I have well over $10,000 invested in. This is a rare style Dakota you don't see a lot at shows - always gets attention and compliments. Not the averagecustom truck you see no matter where you go.
The buyer will be responsible for setting up their own delivery service for transporting the truck or pick up themselves. Any questions or interest -please message me. Again, this is being sold as-is, no warranties, no returns. Thank you.